Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executive Order Coming: No Masks Required for Vaccinated Workers

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sac...252108423.html

Gov Newsom will issue the order on June 17th, following the Cal-OSHA board vote to align with current CDC guidance.

The use of an executive order will allow the updated procedures to take effect on June 18th, skipping the board’s usual administrative lag period of one week.

Highlights:

Fully vaccinated workers will no longer be required to wear facial coverings or socially distance.

Non-vaccinated workers will only be required to wear facial coverings when working indoors or in vehicles with other people.

The ball will soon be in Disney’s court, regarding their mask and social distancing policies for cast members.

Not mentioned in this article, but worth noting, this update will not apply in certain employment settings, such as healthcare and public transportation.

I’m not sure if any CMs technically fall within an exempted category.

Hold on to your hats and glasses. This thread is about to become the wildest ride in the wilderness.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
      Hold on to your hats and glasses. This thread is about to become the wildest ride in the wilderness.
      Para su seguridad, permanezca sentado con las manos, brazos, pies, y piernas dentro el barco. Y cuida los niños. ¡Muchas gracias!

Comment

It should be an option, especially at this point. If you're going back to work without a vaccine it's your risk/problem.
        On the other side, if you're vaccinated and trust it, there is absolutely no reason to wear a mask. People should always be given a choice, glad to see those choices being "allowed" again.

Comment

"click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click" - train climbing the first hill
          Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by BasilOregano View Post

Para su seguridad, permanezca sentado con las manos, brazos, pies, y piernas dentro el barco. Y cuida los niños. ¡Muchas gracias!
            Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by kjhorton25 View Post
              It should be an option, especially at this point. If you're going back to work without a vaccine it's your risk/problem.
              On the other side, if you're vaccinated and trust it, there is absolutely no reason to wear a mask. People should always be given a choice, glad to see those choices being "allowed" again.
              I agree. Time people stop living in fears based on bad information. Infections are down; the vaccines are working. Now time to get the country back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by BasilOregano View Post

Permanecer sentados, por favor.

Comment

Cuomo also just lifted most restrictions in NY; Biden reportedly to declare on July 4th a "Summer of freedom."

Looks like things will be getting back to normal sooner rather than later at Disneyland.

Comment

Instances like this make me grateful I live in the US. Many countries around the world aren't where we are in terms of vaccinations unfortunately. I have a feeling it's going to be a good summer.
                    Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
                      Instances like this make me grateful I live in the US. Many countries around the world aren't where we are in terms of vaccinations unfortunately. I have a feeling it's going to be a good summer.
                      Yes, we have family in Germany that we haven't seen since early 2019 (we try to trade off every other year on who goes where)... Trying to navigate when we'll see them or them to us has been a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
                        The country's quick creation of powerful vaccines and rapid deployment of them in a pretty efficient manner has been nothing short of incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by kjhorton25 View Post
                          if you're vaccinated and trust it, there is absolutely no reason to wear a mask.
                          People should always be given a choice,
                          These two statements would seem to be at odds with each other. You don't know what someone's reason for continuing to wear a mask after the mandate is lifted might be, but if it's truly their choice then it doesn't matter, does it? Yet the use of the phrase "absolutely no reason" implies that there is something suspicious about a person who wears a mask when they aren't required to by law. It's along the same lines as the frantic op-eds about people masked up when alone in their car, suggesting that they are brainwashed or timid or whatever cardinal sin against "freedom" is being ranted against by the writer.

If it's about choice, then you have to be okay with people making a choice that you wouldn't make.
                          Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Originally posted by Karalora View Post

These two statements would seem to be at odds with each other. You don't know what someone's reason for continuing to wear a mask after the mandate is lifted might be, but if it's truly their choice then it doesn't matter, does it? Yet the use of the phrase "absolutely no reason" implies that there is something suspicious about a person who wears a mask when they aren't required to by law. It's along the same lines as the frantic op-eds about people masked up when alone in their car, suggesting that they are brainwashed or timid or whatever cardinal sin against "freedom" is being ranted against by the writer.

If it's about choice, then you have to be okay with people making a choice that you wouldn't make.
                            They're not at odds with each other. The absolutely no reason means, there's no scientific reasoning behind needing to wear a mask after being vaccinated. But if someone wants to continue wearing a mask, they can choose to do so, but it's not required or necessary. Why is that hard to understand? Do we need to nitpick every single word now; can we not comprehend what's being written? I fail to see how the choice of words implies there's something suspicious going on.

As to your last point, I seem to recall you using some very choice word for those that choose to not get vaccinated....
                            Last edited by lemuth0922; 06-16-2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post

They're not at odds with each other. The absolutely no reason means, there's no scientific reasoning behind needing to wear a mask after being vaccinated. But if someone wants to continue wearing a mask, they can choose to do so, but it's not required or necessary. Why is that hard to understand? Do we need to nitpick every single word now; can we not comprehend what's being written? I fail to see how the choice of words implies there's something suspicious going on.

As to your last point, I seem to recall you using some very choice word for those that choose to not get vaccinated....
                              If the quoted poster meant no scientifically indicated reason, they ought to have said no scientifically indicated reason. But they said absolutely no reason. Words mean things. In the interest of minimizing ambiguity, people ought to use the words that mean what they mean to say.

As to your last point, I hope I don't need to explain why this is a false equivalence, but just in case, I'll give you a hint: it's to do with the potential for harm to others.
                              Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Originally posted by Karalora View Post

If the quoted poster meant no scientifically indicated reason, they ought to have said no scientifically indicated reason. But they said absolutely no reason. Words mean things. In the interest of minimizing ambiguity, people ought to use the words that mean what they mean to say.

As to your last point, I hope I don't need to explain why this is a false equivalence, but just in case, I'll give you a hint: it's to do with the potential for harm to others.
                                Actually, my point was: In one sentence you're saying, "If its about choice we need to be OK with decisions that don't align with our own", you then shouldn't turn around be so incredibly aggressive at those that don't agree with you. Disagreeing is one thing, but the vitriol being spewed at others is uncalled for.

Comment

I'm glad we are allowed to have an opinion now on Covid without getting sent to the litterbox.
                                  "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
                                    I'm glad we are allowed to have an opinion now on Covid without getting sent to the litterbox.
                                    As PhotoMatt told you in his posts, your posts weren't sent to the litterbox because you "have an opinion on Covid." They were sent to the litterbox because you repeatedly posted false information about Covid.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

This thread isn't going to last.

My quick 2 cents is that Disney may wait until either 2 weeks have passed(June 29th) or after the 4th of July weekend. Just because of hypothetical liability issues.

Another factor regarding this policy, are the various unions associated with Disney. If one union still insists on masks, Disney will likely approve it, to prevent union disputes. The only sector where this could lead to issues, is Entertainment, where Disney could enforce a "no masks policy". And let's not forget that department does not have a union...

Comment

But, but... muh variants!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X