Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help. Any Suggestions?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Help. Any Suggestions?

    Hello dear Mice Chatters,

    I had a question maybe some of you can help with. First off, has anyone attended DLP and or DCA since they lifted the mask and social distancing (06/15/2021)? This morning I saw a video that was sent to me on TikTok that showed a ridiculous line! It clamed it was from yesterday morning (06/15/2021).

    So this brings me to my question. If in fact that video is really from yesterday, any suggestion on what time to arrive at the park? I have reservation for this Saturday (which I doubt that even matters anymore) and I do have park hopper tickets. Any suggestions or ideas would help very much. And again, I appreciated anyone that takes the time to answer or suggest anything. I know I can always turn to you guys and girls for help!

  • #2
    Captain Andy (IIRC) mentioned that the extremely long line had to do with people not knowing or realizing or assuming a reservation was no longer needed and you could just stroll on into the parks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post
      Captain Andy (IIRC) mentioned that the extremely long line had to do with people not knowing or realizing or assuming a reservation was no longer needed and you could just stroll on into the parks.
      Yep! Confirmed via a cast member who commented on the lines on TikTok. A lot of those people were turned away, and the lines within the parks themselves were manageable.

      I heard lines this morning to enter and go through security are much better.
      Last edited by Captain Andy; 06-16-2021, 11:32 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Why are they still doing reservations if they're at full capacity?
        Brian the Pooh

        Comment


        • #5
          I wonder if anyone is counting the number people turned away from the gate -- or how many are leaving the grounds for food?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
            Why are they still doing reservations if they're at full capacity?
            Because DLR is likely to keep reservations in place for good. It is a huge advantage for them to be able to manage their staffing and other inventories to increase their yield. Of all the rumored changes the need for reservations is possibly the one that makes the most sense and upsets people the least because it will deter crowds and lower afternoon/evening surges.
            Disneyland Fan since the 70's

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
              Why are they still doing reservations if they're at full capacity?
              Starcade's answer is on point, but I also think DLR is still suffering from staffing issues. You can't go 100% without more staff on the field, or else you risk angry customers or burning out CM's, who are already in short supply.

              Comment


              • #8
                If they are not limiting the numbers in the parks, why couldn't the people just make the reservations right there in line at the gate? Are you required to make reservations days in advance now? I thought all this garbage was over and people could just go to the parks like normal again.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post
                  So this brings me to my question. If in fact that video is really from yesterday, any suggestion on what time to arrive at the park?
                  Seems like the entry lines are still obnoxious today and still there are folks who seem to not get that they still need reservations and tickets pre-bought to enter.

                  I think there are basically two options at this point:

                  1. Go at rope drop and deal with insane long lines as many people think you need to be present to get the VQ's and it appears still people think you can just show up sans reservation.

                  or

                  2. Wait about an hour after opening and walk right on in as it seems after the first hour the crazy crowds are all processed in.

                  I know pre-covid we would try to get to the park about 90 minutes after gates opened that way the buses/trams and the gate were all sans lines.
                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                    If they are not limiting the numbers in the parks, why couldn't the people just make the reservations right there in line at the gate? Are you required to make reservations days in advance now? I thought all this garbage was over and people could just go to the parks like normal again.
                    Reservations are still required. I think PhotoMatt once shared that same-day reservations were possible on some days, but judging by the current calendar, those chances won't come until July and are not even guaranteed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Starcade View Post

                      2. Wait about an hour after opening and walk right on in as it seems after the first hour the crazy crowds are all processed in.
                      Thanks for the info! I appreciate you very much. I think I might go with option # 2. Haha. That sounds to be the safest and hopefully less chaotic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
                        Why are they still doing reservations if they're at full capacity?
                        Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                        If they are not limiting the numbers in the parks, why couldn't the people just make the reservations right there in line at the gate? Are you required to make reservations days in advance now? I thought all this garbage was over and people could just go to the parks like normal again.
                        Disneyland is not allowing 100% capacity in the parks yet. They haven't said that at all. The state allows them to open at that level, but Disneyland is still choosing to limit to 35% until July 1st. Even then, I don't think the parks are opening to 100% capacity. Likely somewhere around 50-70%.

                        Why not go full capacity? Too many furloughed CMs moved away permanently last year and they are not prepared to operate all rides, restaurants, and lines all at once. Retraining is still needed for some rides where certifications expired (after 1 year). And in the meantime, management can say the shorter lines are providing a better guest experience.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

                          Starcade's answer is on point, but I also think DLR is still suffering from staffing issues. You can't go 100% without more staff on the field, or else you risk angry customers or burning out CM's, who are already in short supply.
                          Yup, my favorite bartender from the former Cove Bar has moved to FL and didn't even go to WDW - he's now at Universal

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post

                            Yup, my favorite bartender from the former Cove Bar has moved to FL and didn't even go to WDW - he's now at Universal
                            I was actually reading a conversation regarding CM applications the other day, and one of the applicants that was offered a job as an attractions CM said that they denied the offer because another park offered twice as much. Sounds like there's some good competition out there now!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

                              I was actually reading a conversation regarding CM applications the other day, and one of the applicants that was offered a job as an attractions CM said that they denied the offer because another park offered twice as much. Sounds like there's some good competition out there now!
                              There is some real competition out there for workers right now as so many young people have moved back in with their parents or in together to save on rent etc. that they now are less rent burdened. During Lockdown young single people who were able to continue to work often have saved quite a bit of money due to no rent and or lack of travel which was a large portion of their expenses. They are are now sitting on enough of a savings to quit their job and pursue better options.

                              There have been several articles written about the "The Great Resignation"

                              Corporate America - Get Back To Work!

                              Employees - Pay me.

                              Corporate America - No problem same wage at a year and half ago ( even though we now charge more )

                              Employees - Sorry, buh-bye

                              This trend is happening with a lot of things more so than jobs. Knott's is rumored to be seeing record AP numbers because their AP is less than the cost of the single day at DLR so the value is much higher all things considered. I have heard Universal and Six Flags are benefitting from this as well. DLR has a huge lead over other CA parks but I think it is now shrinking. I think all the upheaval was possibly handled better by all the other parks that took advantage to increase their guests numbers and loyalty volume while DLR took a different route. We will see in about 6 months who truly made the right choice, but I have my theories.
                              Last edited by Starcade; 06-17-2021, 08:51 AM.
                              Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Maybe they could have a "Reservation Desk" in the quad. Then if they haven't hit their reserve limit yet that day, the desk could make a reservation for you to enter. Would help those without phones and give them a chance. And/or assist them in procuring a future reservation.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post
                                  Hello dear Mice Chatters,

                                  I had a question maybe some of you can help with. First off, has anyone attended DLP and or DCA since they lifted the mask and social distancing (06/15/2021)? This morning I saw a video that was sent to me on TikTok that showed a ridiculous line! It clamed it was from yesterday morning (06/15/2021).

                                  So this brings me to my question. If in fact that video is really from yesterday, any suggestion on what time to arrive at the park? I have reservation for this Saturday (which I doubt that even matters anymore) and I do have park hopper tickets. Any suggestions or ideas would help very much. And again, I appreciated anyone that takes the time to answer or suggest anything. I know I can always turn to you guys and girls for help!
                                  Also, I just realized this thread got off topic and only Starcade answered your question! I would absolutely wait an hour or two before entering the park. With current capacity restrictions, there is no reason to rope drop and rush to get everywhere. Someone who went this past weekend said the parks were more crowded early in the morning. Here is another opinion.

                                  The only exception is if you have a virtual queue and your boarding group is called early (about the first 20-40 groups). However, you should know by 7am whether you got one of these early groups (if you even care). Since you no longer need to be in the park itself to book the boarding group, there is no need to rope drop and I would recommend against it.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Thanks for all the information everyone. I live by Disneyland, so going there used to be easy, but now with reservations and virtual queues I have to do my homework!

                                    As for the staffing issue, it has really given me a deeper appreciation for cast members. Even though I have friends and family that have been cast members, I've always taken for granted that Disneyland is packed with cast members and always pictured Disneyland would forever have a line of applicants ready to take a position and everything would always be seamless. With Disneyland now understaffed, it has made me realize just how valuable every employee is, and how many of them posses niche skills/certifications that aren't so easily replaced.
                                    Brian the Pooh

                                    Comment

                                    Get Away Today Footer

                                    Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X