Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Rider Lines

I know Fastpass is out, but are single rider lines open at DL and CA? Thank you!

It appears not, as DLR's website confirms its unavailable.
    Learn more about our Single Rider Service that helps shorten wait times at select attractions and pack more fun into your visit to Disneyland Resort.

Comment

Too bad. Seems an obvious and easy way to reduce wait times and improve guest satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by dis220 View Post
        Too bad. Seems an obvious and easy way to reduce wait times and improve guest satisfaction.
        The point of the single rider was to fill in the groups of an odd number. For example on Incredicoaster, you're seated in 2s in separate seats. So if a party of 3 or 5 is put on a couple rows, they'll fill that empty 4th/6th seat with a single rider.

But since parties that don't belong to the same household are not to be seated together, single rider is out and it may very likely not return in the future.

I also only recall single rider lines being for attractions that have separated seating, like Space Mountain, Incredicoaster etc. There's no single rider for things like BTMRR or POTC where it's open bench style seating.

Comment

My guess is that SR lines will come back, but were halted due to continuing covid concerns. Probably because it would mean automatically seating a guest next to someone else in close proximity who is not a family or friend.

SR works to fill empty seats left over from odd numbered groups to best facilitate full ride vehicles, and thus shorten lines. If during covid they are adding space (like the empty middle seat on airlines), then there would be no need or reason to then go and fill those empty seats created over covid rules.

Comment

Universal Orlando has already begun offering Single rider, with more rides expected to be added soon. Prior to the 15th Florida was months ahead of CA as it related to COVID Protocols, now with the recent developments i Think we could SR return to DLR as soon as August 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post
              Universal Orlando has already begun offering Single rider, with more rides expected to be added soon. Prior to the 15th Florida was months ahead of CA as it related to COVID Protocols, now with the recent developments i Think we could SR return to DLR as soon as August 1st.
              Florida has been more than months ahead that California, they have been light years ahead of California during this unfortunate pandemic time.

Too bad Florida is so stinking humid and full of hurricanes and gators. How it got named "the sunshine state" over California, I'll never know? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post

The point of the single rider was to fill in the groups of an odd number. For example on Incredicoaster, you're seated in 2s in separate seats. So if a party of 3 or 5 is put on a couple rows, they'll fill that empty 4th/6th seat with a single rider.

But since parties that don't belong to the same household are not to be seated together, single rider is out and it may very likely not return in the future.

I also only recall single rider lines being for attractions that have separated seating, like Space Mountain, Incredicoaster etc. There's no single rider for things like BTMRR or POTC where it's open bench style seating.

Disneyland is grouping other travel parties together on the attractions, so there is no excuse as to why they can't re-open the Single Rider Lines.

Originally posted by Droberts1395 View Post
                Universal Studios Hollywood has also re-opened all their Single Rider Lines as well.

For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

As a Single person............Single Rider Lines work well for me
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Very true. Unfortunately, "guest satisfaction" is lower on the list than "management satisfaction." No single rider line may be a temporary Covid holdover, but every day it remains in effect it benefits Disney with fewer people in queues (putting more people in the walkways near potential points of sale) and less line-wrangling labor for loaders (which management can use to justify a smaller crew). And there's no downside for Disney: Single riders might complain, but they are unlikely to quit returning to DLR over this issue. Too, Disney's key demographics are families, groups and couples.
                    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Very true. Unfortunately, "guest satisfaction" is lower on the list than "management satisfaction." No single rider line may be a temporary Covid holdover, but every day it remains in effect it benefits Disney with fewer people in queues (putting more people in the walkways near potential points of sale) and less line-wrangling labor for loaders (which management can use to justify a smaller crew). And there's no downside for Disney: Single riders might complain, but they are unlikely to quit returning to DLR over this issue. Too, Disney's key demographics are families, groups and couples.
                      IMO-
                      I think in time -single rider line will return.....
                      But as "guest satisfaction" goes ,you are right.....is lower on there list
                      ,the way this leadership think......
                      Top of there list is more money for less !
                      Last edited by Eagleman; 06-17-2021, 08:20 PM.
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan120420 View Post

Disneyland is grouping other travel parties together on the attractions, so there is no excuse as to why they can't re-open the Single Rider Lines.

Universal Studios Hollywood has also re-opened all their Single Rider Lines as well.

Are they sitting right next to each other or in separate rows/groupings? I haven't been to DLR since reopening, so I can only attest to how things were being done in WDW. And there, where rows didn't have temporary dividers put into place (for example on the Naavi river ride there were partitions between the rows), groups were every other row (such as on IASW and POTC).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X