Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boudin Bread???

Hi everyone-from what i can tell, they still are not open in DCA. We are coming in Aug, and going to be super disappointed if we can't get our fav. sourdough in the park for a bread bowl at the harbor galley Any idea if they will be back open soon? Thx all!

Originally posted by jperry View Post
    Hi everyone-from what i can tell, they still are not open in DCA. We are coming in Aug, and going to be super disappointed if we can't get our fav. sourdough in the park for a bread bowl at the harbor galley Any idea if they will be back open soon? Thx all!
    That to Bad ....for Boudin Bread,is pretty good !

But I'm lucky in my town......we have Boudin Bread shop that is not far, from were I live
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

There is currently no information regarding when Boudin Bakery will open. It looks like this restaurant is one of the many victims of Disney's severe labor shortage. Micechat recently made a case for why Fantasmic might open in August, and if it does I certainly hope the bread starts baking because there's nothing like a bread-bowl clam chowder during Fantasmic. I'm bracing for a sourdough-less summer though .
      Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 06-21-2021, 10:12 PM.
      Brian the Pooh

Comment

If they aren’t open there is a Boudin Bakery located in South Coast Plaza, about 10 miles south of Disneyland. If you have the time you can go there.

Comment

Ugh....thanks for the replies guys. Man, some of our favorite memories as a fam involve hitting the harbor galley for a chili bread bowl, sitting down around the corner and checking out all the people getting the pirate boat ready for fantasmic, seeing all the ducks trying to snag a snack, and waving at the splash mountain casualties. As this could be our last time to vaca as a family (one of our kids is getting married in Dec.) it will be very sad if we can't partake in our little "tradition". Oh well...won't give up hope until the first week of august-to put a positive spin on it, guess that leaves room for more churros

Comment

From what I have heard By August everything is on track to be open in DTD if it is not open by then than it is likely going out of business which I do not believe boudins is. My Cousin who used to work in food service on Main Street would always tell us that the Bread bowls where one of the least pre-packaged processed foods in the park and would eat there almost exclusively.
            Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Good to know starcade-i know we have a bread bowl at least every other day Did hear harbor galley is opening the first week of July, so hopefully that means BB is getting ready to start baking for them too!

Comment

I had read on another site from a supposed CM that the larger machine/bread conveyer belt was currently waiting on replacement parts and they haven't arrived/been installed yet. I have absolutely no idea how true that is but it would stand to reason that if they can't physically make the bread, there'd be no reason to open the experience or restaurant. But take that with a grain of salt.
                "I take no side. I am beyond your worrying and wars. I am unseen. Unknowable. Like a rock in the river."

Comment

wow-i know that sounds totally bizarre, but i wouldn't doubt it. We ride dirtbikes, and have been waiting over 2 months for an exhaust and the parts manager told me they are still having issues getting things in stock. Still hope-thanks all

Comment

I'm trying to get a reliable, definitive answer on this. I overheard the answer in a conversation last week, but I didn't think to remember what was being said. I was distracted answering questions about another issue. I want to say it has something to do with the way they shut the equipment down in March of 2020, and the improper shutdown is the cause of the problem now, but I need to verify.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                      I'm trying to get a reliable, definitive answer on this. I overheard the answer in a conversation last week, but I didn't think to remember what was being said. I was distracted answering questions about another issue. I want to say it has something to do with the way they shut the equipment down in March of 2020, and the improper shutdown is the cause of the problem now, but I need to verify.
                      My understanding
                      Even Knott's having Issue ......
                      After PARKS been have close....for over a year........It going take time before
                      they are fully running.....and staffing is another Issue
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I have been told that a piece of equipment was improperly shut down for a long term closure. Remember, the original plan was to shut down for two weeks. I don't know any more than that.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X