Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toon Town

I'm sorry if this has already popped up somewhere else on the forum, but are there plans to fix up Toon Town with Runaway Railway coming? I know when I visited last (in 2019), Toon Town was not looking its best. All the paint was faded, and everything just looked tired and in desperate need of a refresh.
    Don't even get me started on Roger Rabbit. As much as I enjoy the movie, it doesn't seem like a good use of space. When I rode it last (again in 2019), the family in line ahead of us with kids around ten asked their parents, "what even is this ride? Who is Roger rabbit?" Not saying everyone has to appreciate something for it to be worthwhile, I just found the attraction to be very out of place.

Anyway, just wondering if there are plans to revamp the area at all.

I think there must have been plans to make it look like for Runaway Railway, but I'm also pretty sure a lot of maintenance stuff got pushed back with the unexpected closure, so I think it's probably hard to say what the current state of that is.

Roger Rabbit seems to always have a decent line whenever I'm up in that neck of the woods, I think...?

Comment

Oh, they're "fixin' up" Toontown alright, hah.

https://twitter.com/OOCParks/status/1408198577382313986

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post

RIP Five & Dime / Gag Factory. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post

Ah! So jarring to see that during park hours! That was such a neat store. How upsetting!

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that part of the M&MRR was making a new background facade and also I saw somewhere they were going to address the sight lines behind Gadget Coaster as well. Now this was all prior to the pandemic but I do not see even chapek launching a brand new attraction and letting the surrounding area look shabby near the entrance. He is going to want it polished and clean so when he does his promotional video announcing the opening and speaking on it as if it was his idea and design etc. it's looks as nice as possible.

Will they keep Donald and Goofy's places in place I am not sure I think they might remove those two areas and instead put in a restaurant or gift shop as they lost a couple for the M&MRR entrance.

Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

It not Toon Town without Roger Rabbit!

Comment

Originally posted by mjmelody View Post

Ah! So jarring to see that during park hours!
                It really gives me Judge Doom vibes from the Roger Rabbit movie. Fitting location, I suppose.

Comment

They will, especially as Runaway Railway opens up. This is also when Toontown will go from being a land that closes early to remaining open until the park closes since Runaway Railway will be a major e ticket attraction. I don't see them getting rid of Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin, and it's 50/50 on if they'll even retheme it or just leave it as is, eventually releasing a new Roger Rabbit product to get the ride more hype. I do see them redoing Goofy and Donald's home and possibly removing the tree house so as to try and build something else to make that land a lot more appealing overall. As for the rollercoaster, I do believe they're somewhat bringing back rescue rangers in the near future, so they may want to keep that ride as is, but with a fresh coat of paint.

I was thinking when they announced Runaway that it would be set up in the Treehouse/railroad area and those two would be torn down since let's face it, that part of the land barely get's any attention as is, but I was wrong, so now I'm not to sure. But yeah, once they're close to completion and finish working on the outside of the ride, they're definitely going to tackle the rest of the land so as to touch it up. Hopefully they'll add some trees and more places to sit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DLR92 View Post
                    It not Toon Town without Roger Rabbit!
                    Fair enough! I loved it when I was a kid, and the movie is one of my favorites, I could watch it on repeat and not get sick of it. I guess I just wish maybe they'd update it. I remember the first time I visited Disneyland, I was about nine and my mom and I spent an inordinate amount of time in Toon Town because we loved it so much. It's possible my apathy toward it now is related to the surrounding area needing some attention!

Comment

I wonder once M&MRR opens if they will in fact keep the land open til close because I believe they claim to close the land due to the fireworks fall out more so than the lack of interest into the evening. If anyone has info on this I like to hear what the real scoop is.
                      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                        I remember reading somewhere that part of the M&MRR was making a new background facade and also I saw somewhere they were going to address the sight lines behind Gadget Coaster as well....
                        In terms of sightlines behind Gadget, do you mean those views of SWGE rockwork? It would be really good news if fixing that were on the table...

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                          I wonder once M&MRR opens if they will in fact keep the land open til close because I believe they claim to close the land due to the fireworks fall out more so than the lack of interest into the evening. If anyone has info on this I like to hear what the real scoop is.
                          It's a bit of both. They'll close down Toontown on non-firework days because of lack of interest, but they definitely need it closed on days when the fireworks are going off. I went to an event at the TDA building a few years back and the event ran a bit long and the fireworks began. Even though we were just parked in the TDA parking lot, they made us wait inside the building until the fireworks were over before we were allowed to leave.

Comment

I would Agree.......Toon Town is getting run down
                            and does need attention and refreshing and have something New.......IMO
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Something I just thought of to make Toontown more appealing, they should add a toon themed restaurant, because the eatery they have currently just isn't appealing. Hell, if they tore down the treehouse (which lets face it, that tree house really needs to go) and add a restaurant in its place that gives people another place to sit and relax while they also have a show akin to what we see in California Adventure's Animation Building with a dining service akin to the Golden Horseshoe where you go to order and pick up your food, and then sit down in a cool building that also has animation going on around you that lets you relive some of Disney's classics. It would be a great place to rest while also feeling a magic of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by jish5555 View Post
                                Something I just thought of to make Toontown more appealing, they should add a toon themed restaurant, because the eatery they have currently just isn't appealing. Hell, if they tore down the treehouse (which lets face it, that tree house really needs to go) and add a restaurant in its place that gives people another place to sit and relax while they also have a show akin to what we see in California Adventure's Animation Building with a dining service akin to the Golden Horseshoe where you go to order and pick up your food, and then sit down in a cool building that also has animation going on around you that lets you relive some of Disney's classics. It would be a great place to rest while also feeling a magic of its own.
                                ^This would appeal to me

Comment

Toontown is mostly for the little ones , to have place to go......which I think it good
                                  But for Myself
                                  I do not get a lot out that area ,and most of the time ,I just pass by that area !
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I always wanted The Ink and Paint Club to be a thing in Toon Town, but it would require totally abandoning the "kid" aspect of the land.

I'll stick to dreaming about it.

Comment

What eatery is in Toon Town other than carts? 🤔

I personally enjoy Toon Town… Gadgets has a lower minimum height so it’s a great “introductory” coaster for littles. Last time we were in DLR with my entire family, we had 4 under 3. The oldest 2 were just over 35” and able to go on it and while a bit scared they liked it. The other two were just over a year old so unable to ride, but all four could run and play at Goofy’s. We spent a good hour letting the kids blow off steam and playing while the parents were all able to sit and rest for a while. Now that Bugs Land is gone (RIP), I’d be sad to see anything in Toon Town that gives parents the same benefit be torn out. I honestly never spent much time in TT prior to having my own kids other than for Roger Rabbit (and quickly on to something else elsewhere) or for the occasional walk through Mickey or Minnie’s houses.

I thought MMRRR was a really great attraction and can’t wait for it to come to DLR to pep up TT. I’m already going to expect it be another Virtual Queue victim since TT doesn’t have the real estate to accommodate the huge line that I expect it to have upon opening. I don’t feel TT needs much more after the addition of MMRRR than general facade updates and refurbs.

Comment

I can't believe they did this during park hours. If it had to be done that day, close the land for the day. Doing/hearing construction is one thing, but allowing guests to see the actual demolition of a beloved part of the land is not very magical.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X