Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Disneyland will return to midnight closings?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Do you think Disneyland will return to midnight closings?

My girlfriend and I were having a discussion on Disneyland and hours. IMO I think Disneyland may never return to midnight closings. People are still paying full price for tickets whether it's one day, two day, park hopper, etc. People are still paying for food and buying souvenirs. The hotels are still charging their rates. By closing at 10pm Disney saves two hours of employee pay, two less hour of ride wear, and I'm sure other things. Thoughts?

Thoughts? Yes. I think you are your girlfriend are having this "discussion" (argument?) and her position is; Yes, midnight closings will happen, and you are posting to get back up. So, to answer your question; Yes, midnight closures will happen in July 2021. Trust me on this.

Comment

Unless the beancounters can prove that closing at midnight will bring in more revenue than the additional costs incurred, it'll never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
        Unless the beancounters can prove that closing at midnight will bring in more revenue than the additional costs incurred, it'll never happen.
        I Agree.....
        IMO- Disney going cut back ,were they can......in operation to save MONEY
        which also been Hour's !

(can see Disneyland open longer , for the 4th July weekend)
        Last edited by Eagleman; 06-26-2021, 04:57 PM.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Once they release the new membership program, then yes. Longer hours means more money guests spend at the park.

Comment

Yeah but really COVID not completely done. So don't let down your guard.

Comment

This.

Comment

I think it will return, but not soon. Leaving the park open later, allows guests to make more purchases before leaving. Normally, Disneyland allows guests to still shop on Main Street after the park closed(up to an hour after closing).

I doubt will see it this summer, but I think the Midnight closing will return by the holidays, where it would financially makes sense.

Comment

Double post, deleted

Comment

Yes.
                    Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

If you look at the park as a giant 'point of sale', then by all means they will go back to midnight closings, probably once they are at a fuller staff. Why would they want to miss out on all that last minute shopping, for food, beverages, and merch which is often heavier in the last few hours than any other time. Many people wait to by merch later in the day so they don't have to lug it around.

Comment

My predictions...It will happen in the fall if they can get reasonable staff levels by then. Weekends and holidays only, basically all the days that are the highest premium pricing. It's a value proposition and it only falls on the high-demand days where more guests can come to the park. And it gets the guests that presumably have more money to spend staying in the parks longer to spend said money.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                          I think it will return, but not soon. Leaving the park open later, allows guests to make more purchases before leaving. Normally, Disneyland allows guests to still shop on Main Street after the park closed(up to an hour after closing).

I doubt will see it this summer, but I think the Midnight closing will return by the holidays, where it would financially makes sense.
                          You made a good point......I agree
                          I can see Disney closing the parks down early- to save MONEY on operation cost
                          But.....allows guests to still shop on Main Street
                          They are going to do what financially makes sense to them !

(I have been there were I seen Disneyland close ,except for the shops long Main Street)

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I think it will when/if they area able to employee enough cast members to do so.

Comment

Exactly. It won't hurt merch sales -- customers will still shop on their way out, but from 9 to 10 instead of 11 to midnight. And not staying open until midnight on a regular basis allows management to monetize those two hours by positioning "Stay Until Midnight!" as a day-ticket upsell, and for special events.
                              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Exactly. It won't hurt merch sales -- customers will still shop on their way out, but from 9 to 10 instead of 11 to midnight. And not staying open until midnight on a regular basis allows management to monetize those two hours by positioning "Stay Until Midnight!" as a day-ticket upsell, and for special events.
                                mgmt. always workin' it
                                "These are a few of my favorite things"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Twain View Post
                                  mgmt. always workin' it
                                  Yep. And from today's MiceChat Disneyland Update:

"...But even as the number of positions being staffed increases, so are the volume of call-outs and resignations. The parks have only been open since April 30th, and already cast are burning out in record numbers, particularly in custodial and foods. A number of union grievances have been filed for a host of issues.

"One issue we’ve seen play out over and over again is cast who have been forced to work in severely understaffed areas due to either social-distancing needs or the call-outs of their fellow cast members (sometimes both). At entry-level wages, many Disneyland cast members just aren’t accustomed to a breakneck pace all day without relent.

"To make matters worse, some work that was previously relegated to 3rd shift to be completed after guests had left the park are now being pushed upon daytime workers to be completed while guests are still in the parks.

"On a recent day, while guests were still in the queues of several attractions shortly after park closing, custodial was forced to close most of the park bathrooms for deep cleaning. That means that guests who had been in a queue for a long period of time had to search for a bathroom to use as most had closed. In the past, that work would have been done in the middle of the night, so there would have been no impact on guests still in the parks. The “restorative cleanings” are now being done on an express schedule so regular custodial shifts can do it at a lower wage than the traditional 3rd shift. It’s causing a lot of stress and concern among custodial cast. As a result, the union has requested several walk-throughs with park management to show them areas that are causing concerns and need to be addressed. Let’s hope they can work the issues out before more cast are lost."

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Yep. And from today's MiceChat Disneyland Update:

"...But even as the number of positions being staffed increases, so are the volume of call-outs and resignations. The parks have only been open since April 30th, and already cast are burning out in record numbers, particularly in custodial and foods. A number of union grievances have been filed for a host of issues.

"One issue we’ve seen play out over and over again is cast who have been forced to work in severely understaffed areas due to either social-distancing needs or the call-outs of their fellow cast members (sometimes both). At entry-level wages, many Disneyland cast members just aren’t accustomed to a breakneck pace all day without relent.

"To make matters worse, some work that was previously relegated to 3rd shift to be completed after guests had left the park are now being pushed upon daytime workers to be completed while guests are still in the parks.

"On a recent day, while guests were still in the queues of several attractions shortly after park closing, custodial was forced to close most of the park bathrooms for deep cleaning. That means that guests who had been in a queue for a long period of time had to search for a bathroom to use as most had closed. In the past, that work would have been done in the middle of the night, so there would have been no impact on guests still in the parks. The “restorative cleanings” are now being done on an express schedule so regular custodial shifts can do it at a lower wage than the traditional 3rd shift. It’s causing a lot of stress and concern among custodial cast. As a result, the union has requested several walk-throughs with park management to show them areas that are causing concerns and need to be addressed. Let’s hope they can work the issues out before more cast are lost."

Another good reason....Im in NO RUSH.....going to any THEME PARKs
                                    To many IssueIMO
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The chances of F! and a parade returning by 10/1, and possibly earlier, just increased substantially. More details will be released on the main MiceChat page soon. This might sound like a rumor, but I have concrete evidence of this. Most CM's already know, so it's going to leak very soon.

I have no idea if this also means that a Halloween party will happen at DCA, but it could. The preliminary numbers already confirmed are pretty big, and they relate to the entertainment department.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                                        The chances of F! and a parade returning by 10/1, and possibly earlier, just increased substantially. More details will be released on the main MiceChat page soon. This might sound like a rumor, but I have concrete evidence of this. Most CM's already know, so it's going to leak very soon.
                                        I love it when the micechat forums get the scoop first!
                                        Brian the Pooh

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X