Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Disneyland will return to midnight closings?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things are getting so bad in the parks even some of the bloggers, who normally kiss Disneyland's rear end, are talking about the long waits for food and the limited offerings. As well as stores now converting to mobile checkout only. And the more people they let in the parks, worse it's all going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
      Things are getting so bad in the parks even some of the bloggers, who normally kiss Disneyland's rear end, are talking about the long waits for food and the limited offerings. As well as stores now converting to mobile checkout only. And the more people they let in the parks, worse it's all going to get.
      Geeeeee =Shopping does not sound fun.......converting to mobile checkout...?.....
      I don't even like it at any store's I go to - NO Thank You
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Ive never been at disneyland during christmas time. Did they do midnight closings around then?

Comment

My guess is they won't do any Midnight closings anymore. DCA used to close at 11pm. I remember going there and after the last World of Color some rides would reopen. Used to go get in line for the Fun Wheel and ride at the end of the night. Then run to Toy Story and ride that before leaving. No more though. That ended a long time ago and never returned.
          Why would they want to stay open longer if they can give you less but you still pay full price.
          Disney is cheap now. They need the stock price to rise more.
          Sad

Comment

Originally posted by MychaelP View Post
            My guess is they won't do any Midnight closings anymore. DCA used to close at 11pm. I remember going there and after the last World of Color some rides would reopen. Used to go get in line for the Fun Wheel and ride at the end of the night. Then run to Toy Story and ride that before leaving. No more though. That ended a long time ago and never returned.
            Why would they want to stay open longer if they can give you less but you still pay full price.
            Disney is cheap now. They need the stock price to rise more.
            Sad
            YEP
            It about WALL STREET not about Main Street Guest at the parks
            "Pay More Get Less"...........Face the Fact .......Disney is a New company
            Not a Company that "Walt Disney" wanted IMO
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Bexington View Post
              Ive never been at disneyland during christmas time. Did they do midnight closings around then?
              They've always been open 'til midnight nearly every single day once the Thanksgiving weekend hits and until the week after NYE. They were actually open 'til 1am during the holidays up until the late '90s. Basically x-mas hours are like peak summertime hours at the Disney parks. I think DCA usually stayed open until 10p and some years it was as late as 11p there. NYE DL is usually open until 2am (or even 3am in the 1990s).

Comment

In the 1970's the Park operated from 7AM to 1AM in the summer. The cash registers rang for attractions, foods, and merchandise. During the Eisner Era they eliminated ride tickets and charged for rides and entertainment in the admission price. Then they discovered they could make the same money with less hours, so they did. I don't think we shall ever see midnight closings again, except special ticketed events.

Comment

I think DLR realizes closing at 10pm is equivalent to closing at 11pm since they seem to wait until about an hour after closing before being more aggressive with ushering people out from what I remember. I have heard story after story about people getting one or two rides in after the posted closing times. I think we might see closing at 11PM bu midnight might not be happening anymore. I think it's good for cast members but like some have said technically a day ticket is a contract for use of the park from opening till closing. Shortening that time period whether you use it or not is still offering you less.

8am-12pm = 16 hours of park usage

8am-10pm = 14 hours or 1/8 less product for the same price especially since time in the park is what you are paying for.
                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                    I think DLR realizes closing at 10pm is equivalent to closing at 11pm since they seem to wait until about an hour after closing before being more aggressive with ushering people out from what I remember. I have heard story after story about people getting one or two rides in after the posted closing times. I think we might see closing at 11PM bu midnight might not be happening anymore. I think it's good for cast members but like some have said technically a day ticket is a contract for use of the park from opening till closing. Shortening that time period whether you use it or not is still offering you less.

8am-12pm = 16 hours of park usage

8am-10pm = 14 hours or 1/8 less product for the same price especially since time in the park is what you are paying for.
                    Exactly. And since Disney's biggest cost of operation is its employees, cutting operating hours is a big ker-ching for increasing profits. Cutting operating hours while raising ticket prices is an even bigger ker-ching. Cutting operating hours, raising ticket prices, and understaffing the parks is the biggest ker-ching of all.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

And since Disney's biggest cost of operation is its employees, cutting operating hours is a big ker-ching for increasing profits. Cutting operating hours while raising ticket prices is an even bigger ker-ching. Cutting operating hours, raising ticket prices, and understaffing the parks is the biggest ker-ching of all.
                      Cut back operation any way they can is , a Big saving to the company !

But ,I also sure Disney still have there shops open -specially on Main Street-
                      As long there Guest still spending $ MONEY $ another ker-ching
                      lol

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

It be nice to have the park close at midnight. Perhaps when the pandemic is more under controlled we could see go back to normal hours.

Comment

I think they will return to later hours once COVID is done and they can find enough people to work. They can’t get enough cast members right now.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X