Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haunted Manion Holiday 2021

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Haunted Manion Holiday 2021

    I searched to see if anyone is talking about this yet and I couldn't find anything, if I missed it please direct me there.

    We are looking to go in either August or September to Disneyland for 3 days, we have had the tickets since January of 2020 lol. I have kind of a two part question:
    1. Does anyone know if Disneyland will do Haunted Mansion Holiday this year?
    2. When does Haunted Mansion usually go down for the Holiday makeover and when does it usually open back up? I have read it's usually around late august and opens up in September.
    I am leaning toward going in August for best chance of HM being open and most likely being in its non-Holiday form. HM being closed is a deal breaker for any times we're looking at. I can settle for the Holiday version if it came down to it. August seems hot too. Thanks!

  • #2
    IMHO
    I really do not have any concept what the Disney leadership is going to do
    or not going to do.....
    My guess is
    Disney wants to cut cost and save money on operation
    I think this year, Disneyland going slime down on the overlay's this year .
    that on Haunted Mansion as well It's a Small World as well !

    I feel they going to cut back what they can.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

    Comment


    • #3
      The ride normally closes late August and reopens mid-September. HMH closes just after Epiphany and reopens as regular HM at the end of January.

      The verdict is still out on HMH for this year. Disneyland hasn't announced offerings for Halloween or Holidays just yet.

      With the exception of last year, Disneyland has held Haunted Mansion consecutively from 2001 to 2019 uninterrupted. Because of that, my guess is 70-30, that HMH will still occur. I think only budget issues and staffing will actually deter it from returning this year.

      Comment


      • #4
        I honestly don't see it happening this year because when Disneyland closed last year, the Haunted Mansion was in the middle of their extended refurbishment due to having to deal with the excess wear and tear the ride goes through every year they do the Haunted Mansion Holiday. Because the park just re-opened, they're probably going to hold off doing the holiday overlay at least through October. I could see them possibly doing the overlay in November if they decide to stick with it, but otherwise, we probably won't see it come back until 2022. This does bring the question on whether or not they'll do this for Small World, which I could see solely because of how beloved it is and how it's not up for large period of the year.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wish they'd shorten the time the HM overlay is up. I like it fine, but it makes no sense to me to put an overlay over a HAUNTED MANSION during Halloween. HM is already the Halloweeny-ish thing Disneyland has - don't make it Christmassy in October! Halloween is HM's time to shine!

          Haha, I said Hallo"weenie".

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JoFi View Post
            I wish they'd shorten the time the HM overlay is up. I like it fine, but it makes no sense to me to put an overlay over a HAUNTED MANSION during Halloween. HM is already the Halloweeny-ish thing Disneyland has - don't make it Christmassy in October! Halloween is HM's time to shine!

            Haha, I said Hallo"weenie".
            I agree It's Nightmare before Christmas and it is not a Halloween movie in fact the first scene take place after Halloween I believe.
            Last edited by Starcade; 06-30-2021, 07:55 AM.
            Disneyland Fan since the 70's

            Comment


            • #7
              I have always considered NBC to be a Christmas movie with a Halloween aesthetic--I mean, it's about a dude discovering the true meaning of Christmas, how much more obvious does it need to be? And even absent that consideration, the countdown clock on the front of HMH declares it to be Christmas Day. September is way too early to have that thing up. And between that and the lengthy installation/de-installation times, we barely have the Haunted Mansion proper for half the year--February through mid-August, usually. It's crazy.
              Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

              Comment


              • #8
                Honestly, I don't see them 'disassembling' HM and 'assembling' HMH just 3-ish months after they reopened the ride, especially since there are some new effects in it right now to keep people interested and riding it during the holiday season. Too much palaver! I think that just about the time they normally close it, they'll announce that it won't happen this year but that it'll be back in 2022 with some 'exciting new surprises' to make it worth the wait.

                I don't think there's going to be an Oogie Boogie Bash this year either. WDW has cancelled MNSSHP for a way scaled back smaller and shorter (3 hour) 'Boo Bash' and I expect DL will do the same.
                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Would Disney ever consider, simply putting up some "lite" Christmas decor instead of the whole set up, especially in a year like this.

                  I can do with a break from the NMBC, but, I will still miss some of the smaller stuff like the gingerbread house, and the snowy graveyard.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is just me and IMO
                    I never enjoy the movie - Nightmare before Christmas -
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                      This is just me and IMO
                      I never enjoy the movie - Nightmare before Christmas -
                      lol, I enjoy the movie!

                      I loathe the ride. 😬 I suppose you could flip these two sentiments when talking about The Haunted Mansion itself...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I’ll be okay with an absent of NBC overlay. Makes more sense to bring it after Halloween. Or if Disney was willing to chop off some of Autopia footprint for a permanent NBC in fantasyland. That be a dream come true!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DLR92 View Post
                          I’ll be okay with an absent of NBC overlay. Makes more sense to bring it after Halloween. Or if Disney was willing to chop off some of Autopia footprint for a permanent NBC in fantasyland. That be a dream come true!
                          I disagree; I think it's too inherently seasonal to work as a permanent feature.
                          Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

                            lol, I enjoy the movie!

                            I loathe the ride. 😬 I suppose you could flip these two sentiments when talking about The Haunted Mansion itself...
                            Also my statement....I do not expect ......every one would agree
                            I have friends who love the movie........

                            But,I just not Tim Burton-NBC Fan
                            By the way, I did not care for Haunted Mansion Movie neither-lol
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
                              Would Disney ever consider, simply putting up some "lite" Christmas decor instead of the whole set up, especially in a year like this.

                              I can do with a break from the NMBC, but, I will still miss some of the smaller stuff like the gingerbread house, and the snowy graveyard.
                              I can't see them doing anything inside, that's all or nothing IMHO. But I could see them putting up some of the decor outside. Not the big Jack or anything too 'specifically' NBC, but perhaps some of the garlands and such.
                              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I think a lot of people have made traditions of visiting for the themed Halloween \ Christmas park specials they run. If they stop it now I think people will break their normal plans and the park will lose interest \ money. I don't see how they can strop those big money makers right now. It will be interesting to see what happens.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Good question, and I hope we hear about it soon. I want to go 9/8. I seem to remember one year it opened up the day after Labor Day as the Halloween version. I think though if it were to close to change over they'd have let us know by now. I miss that ride and the Mark Twain the most. And no need for a smartphone to use to ride them either!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Smitty View Post
                                    I think a lot of people have made traditions of visiting for the themed Halloween \ Christmas park specials they run. If they stop it now I think people will break their normal plans and the park will lose interest \ money. I don't see how they can strop those big money makers right now. It will be interesting to see what happens.


                                    This X100

                                    Great thread!

                                    A Late September/early October trip is my long-standing tradition, along with opening week to any new attraction. I loooove the energy, madness, and excitement of a big new ride opening lol! I can only afford to visit once a year, usually, so a 6-day/5-night stay at the Grand California with full Halloween decorations keeps me satisfied for the year haha!

                                    I’ve been coming down to Scary Farm every year since ‘93 and started my Grand California tradition in ‘06 (I’m in my 30’s). Just booked my trip for September 25th-30th, fingers crossed NBC overlay is a go, but, I’m still comin’ down even if it’s not. I haven’t been since January 2020 and I’m starting to lose my shizz watching Disneyland walkthroughs and attraction POVs on YouTube every morning haha!

                                    OP’s questions were answered, I just wanted to join the fun. Hope OG Mansion is open for your trip. I was definitely planning around the possibility of it being closed for the overlay.

                                    '… and from such attachment lust develops, and from lust anger arises.'
                                    'From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion bewilderment of memory ...'

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
                                      Would Disney ever consider, simply putting up some "lite" Christmas decor instead of the whole set up, especially in a year like this.

                                      I can do with a break from the NMBC, but, I will still miss some of the smaller stuff like the gingerbread house, and the snowy graveyard.
                                      I'd dig this a lot more than the NMBC overlay, because I've never been a huge NMBC fan, but I love the Haunted Mansion, so the fact I normally only got go to during the november/christmas time means I haven't had the joy of riding the real ride much at all since 2014.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Click image for larger version

Name:	90801ED0-31AE-4607-B974-CE50C1B194E2.jpeg
Views:	878
Size:	986.9 KB
ID:	8641598 Click image for larger version

Name:	8ED0ED6A-8304-461C-A54C-86C169AE77EF.jpeg
Views:	886
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	8641597 Click image for larger version

Name:	B0308C9F-A925-4195-BE5A-03E4AA3EBEF8.jpeg
Views:	898
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	8641596
                                        Originally posted by goinskiing View Post
                                        I searched to see if anyone is talking about this yet and I couldn't find anything, if I missed it please direct me there.

                                        We are looking to go in either August or September to Disneyland for 3 days, we have had the tickets since January of 2020 lol. I have kind of a two part question:
                                        1. Does anyone know if Disneyland will do Haunted Mansion Holiday this year?
                                        2. When does Haunted Mansion usually go down for the Holiday makeover and when does it usually open back up? I have read it's usually around late august and opens up in September.
                                        I am leaning toward going in August for best chance of HM being open and most likely being in its non-Holiday form. HM being closed is a deal breaker for any times we're looking at. I can settle for the Holiday version if it came down to it. August seems hot too. Thanks!
                                        Just checked my Disneyland app and Haunted Mansion will be closed for refurbishment from August 16th to September 2nd. I’m assuming this is for the NBC overlay, so get there before the change. Hope this helps you plan your trip! I know it’s going to make mine more enjoyable haha!

                                        Now, if they would just make a Legend of Sleepy Hollow attraction, then we’d finally experience Halloween nirvana lol!
                                        '… and from such attachment lust develops, and from lust anger arises.'
                                        'From anger, complete delusion arises, and from delusion bewilderment of memory ...'

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X