Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] 40 Years of Adventure commemorative map

I was in need of a last minute Father's Day present and remembered that we had a few of these stashed in the garage at my mom's house. Well, it didn't end up becoming a Father's Day gift because the paper is a random size that will need a custom frame (soo, Christmas present!). I do remember this trip, because that was the year Indiana Jones opened. I'm certain I have one of those decoder cards in my childhood bedroom too. I don't remember exactly how long we waited, but it was a while. But there's nothing like going through that queue for the first time. That one bamboo pole that triggers the ceiling wasn't looking like a limp noodle back then. Anyways, figured this might be at least mildly interesting for someone else here. Click through for full resolution

COOL
    I did not know about-40 Years of Adventure commemorative map

But ,I do have the 50th.......

So neat to look at early...years....... of commemorative maps.......Great History of Disneyland !
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by JLee1226 View Post
      I do remember this trip, because that was the year Indiana Jones opened. I'm certain I have one of those decoder cards in my childhood bedroom too. I don't remember exactly how long we waited, but it was a while.
      I was there too the first year Indy opened! I think the wait time was about 4-5 hours! The decoder I believe we got at McDonalds. We were so excited to use them when we got to the ride. I remember the night before- not being able to sleep because of all the excitement! And then not wanting to wake up the next morning because we were so tired from staying up the night before going over "plans" about what rides we were going to go on first. Ahh the memories. That feeling is a once in a life time experience

Comment

Look on Ebay, you can print these and many others out in a variety of sizes. You don't have to worry about the creases etc. Beautiful map btw!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X