Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World of Color Status?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • World of Color Status?

    Hi.

    Does anyone have the scoop or any information on the World of Color Show? Is it not coming back ever? Does it need a huge refurb?
    Or is too expensive to being back now with the limited capacity in attendance?

    Thanks in advance!

  • #2
    Don't they have to drain the water for a refurbish?

    Honestly, if there's a rumor going around that F! is going to return soon, I don't think World of Color will be that far behind. It could be receiving an update of some kind to include new Disney films, but I doubt it will be gone forever.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think WoC is undergoing a major refurb right now. The light towers are gone, and pictures from backstage show they were destroyed. No, I don't think it would be too hard to build new wooden frames (which is all they were), but the point is the old ones are gone.

      Nothing I have heard from the rumor mill indicates WoC is coming back soon. I'm not saying it won't, but the chatter is near zero right now.

      What people are talking about is the number of people being hired and what they are being hired for. This points to the return of F! for sure, and likely a parade. I don't yet know an exact date, other than that August is being mentioned over and over and over.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
        I think WoC is undergoing a major refurb right now. The light towers are gone, and pictures from backstage show they were destroyed. No, I don't think it would be too hard to build new wooden frames (which is all they were), but the point is the old ones are gone.

        Nothing I have heard from the rumor mill indicates WoC is coming back soon. I'm not saying it won't, but the chatter is near zero right now.

        What people are talking about is the number of people being hired and what they are being hired for. This points to the return of F! for sure, and likely a parade. I don't yet know an exact date, other than that August is being mentioned over and over and over.
        Thanks for the information. It does not seem that WoC is a priority right now. Wish it was.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
          Don't they have to drain the water for a refurbish?

          Honestly, if there's a rumor going around that F! is going to return soon, I don't think World of Color will be that far behind. It could be receiving an update of some kind to include new Disney films, but I doubt it will be gone forever.
          Thanks. Hope it returns soon. An update would be good too.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
            I think WoC is undergoing a major refurb right now. The light towers are gone, and pictures from backstage show they were destroyed. No, I don't think it would be too hard to build new wooden frames (which is all they were), but the point is the old ones are gone.

            Nothing I have heard from the rumor mill indicates WoC is coming back soon. I'm not saying it won't, but the chatter is near zero right now.

            What people are talking about is the number of people being hired and what they are being hired for. This points to the return of F! for sure, and likely a parade. I don't yet know an exact date, other than that August is being mentioned over and over and over.
            Sound like (and what you share)
            Disney trying to Find bones entertainments, to bring in guest for the slow season-fall eary winter
            for August also time-when school start back up ,-end of summer season- imo
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
              I think WoC is undergoing a major refurb right now. The light towers are gone, and pictures from backstage show they were destroyed. No, I don't think it would be too hard to build new wooden frames (which is all they were), but the point is the old ones are gone.

              Nothing I have heard from the rumor mill indicates WoC is coming back soon. I'm not saying it won't, but the chatter is near zero right now.

              What people are talking about is the number of people being hired and what they are being hired for. This points to the return of F! for sure, and likely a parade. I don't yet know an exact date, other than that August is being mentioned over and over and over.
              This is honestly very sad to hear if true. It's also crazy to think that Disney wouldn't prioritize World of Color over Fantasmic! since the show does not require live performers or fireworks, which are both considered expensive.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

                This is honestly very sad to hear if true. It's also crazy to think that Disney wouldn't prioritize World of Color over Fantasmic! since the show does not require live performers or fireworks, which are both considered expensive.
                I would think WofC would be easier to fix up and get ready over Fanatsmic. WofC is awesome like F! It sounds like Disney is holding back because of money and staffing. Disneyland gets a lot of $$ from WofC dinner packages and the dessert party. F! has the dinner packages as well.

                Comment


                • #9
                  WOC is going through a major refurb and rebuild of a lot of the fountains and pumps which is in progress..it will be back, just not in the immediate future. Reportedly the sitting stagnant in the water since early 2019 took a bigger toll than expected on the entire system.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

                    This is honestly very sad to hear if true. It's also crazy to think that Disney wouldn't prioritize World of Color over Fantasmic! since the show does not require live performers or fireworks, which are both considered expensive.
                    Disneyland has a permit that sounds like they are replacing the rotted structures, so maybe there's hope for WOC to return this year! Here's the permit language. "DCA - Paradise Gardens Park/World of Color - Tenant Improvement: Replace (6) steel framed structures on new concrete pedestals to be anchored onto existing concrete foundations and new extensions."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      With 'Harmonious' being premiered this fall at Epcot I wonder if they're putting off starting up WoC to see if they want to revamp it to include some of Harmonious' effects. Obvs Paradise Bay doesn't have the space that World Showcase Lagoon has, but I'm sure there are bits and pieces that could be translated for the smaller area.

                      BTW, IMHO WSL looks just awful with all that horrible 'hardware' smack in the middle of it. I'm sure the show will be spectacular but, yuck, talk about ruining the nightlines!!!! Paradise Bay looks bad enough with the WoC 'spigots' showing, I hope to Heaven they don't make it any worse!
                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GotoDisneyland View Post

                        Disneyland has a permit that sounds like they are replacing the rotted structures, so maybe there's hope for WOC to return this year! Here's the permit language. "DCA - Paradise Gardens Park/World of Color - Tenant Improvement: Replace (6) steel framed structures on new concrete pedestals to be anchored onto existing concrete foundations and new extensions."
                        This is good news! You think by the fall?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GotoDisneyland View Post

                          Disneyland has a permit that sounds like they are replacing the rotted structures, so maybe there's hope for WOC to return this year! Here's the permit language. "DCA - Paradise Gardens Park/World of Color - Tenant Improvement: Replace (6) steel framed structures on new concrete pedestals to be anchored onto existing concrete foundations and new extensions."
                          As long as World of Color is not abandoned, and just getting fixed up / refreshed, I welcome this news with open arms. It's a lovely show and would hate to visit next spring with my sister's family and not see it!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JoeCool View Post

                            This is good news! You think by the fall?
                            I would not want to guess a season until we have reports that those structures are installed. I love WOC and want it back as quickly as anyone!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I thought the WoC refurb was basically done pre-pandemic, but testing was stopped because the parks closed?

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                A Water Show that has not been use ,for over a year.......

                                It is going have many Issue ,that gong have to be fix.....
                                IMO it going be long time -before World of Color-show
                                be Up and running !
                                Last edited by Eagleman; 06-30-2021, 04:37 PM.
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  The 1967 version of the song, just because it's always worth hearing. The lyrics are like a "mission statement" for the true Disney.

                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzPrG6naRpo

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I know it's a LONG shot. But I wonder if, since they having to do a complete gut and rebuilt if the show structure and underwater "barges" needed for the propane and water effect; is it possible they could be taking into account what would be needed to make the show pieces work with a reintroduced wave effect?

                                    I recall years ago, the original wave machine failed, but was replaced and repaired ONLY to be mothballed because the WoC show pieces (especially the now retired video spheres) couldn't stand up to the constant water motion.

                                    Since we have to have this rebuild, could it be possible to have the components "submerge" into a lower leveled section underwater. One that would put all the more fragile components below the force of any generated wavers.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
                                      I know it's a LONG shot. But I wonder if, since they having to do a complete gut and rebuilt if the show structure and underwater "barges" needed for the propane and water effect; is it possible they could be taking into account what would be needed to make the show pieces work with a reintroduced wave effect?

                                      I recall years ago, the original wave machine failed, but was replaced and repaired ONLY to be mothballed because the WoC show pieces (especially the now retired video spheres) couldn't stand up to the constant water motion.

                                      Since we have to have this rebuild, could it be possible to have the components "submerge" into a lower leveled section underwater. One that would put all the more fragile components below the force of any generated wavers.
                                      Are you referring to the wave effect that was incorporated near the California Screamin’ launch track, or a different effect entirely? I thought that specific wave effect was causing some damage to boardwalk beams…

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

                                        Are you referring to the wave effect that was incorporated near the California Screamin’ launch track, or a different effect entirely? I thought that specific wave effect was causing some damage to boardwalk beams…
                                        Yes. This effect. Though, it is entirely possible it was beam damage and not damage to the machine itself.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X