Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well Steakhouse 55 seems to be dead

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well Steakhouse 55 seems to be dead

    "At this time, there are no plans to reopen Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. We are exploring options for this location and will update you when we have news to share."

    This is BS, it was one of the best places to eat on property.

  • #2
    Well, that sucks if true

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh what -- that's terrible. How sure are we of this information?

      Comment


      • #4
        Interesting, that is one of their upscale dining options at the resort. Seems the if they are chasing the fat wallets they would be wanting this open? The website simply shows "Temporarily unavailable" but still has all three menus available for viewing and prices in place so I think this was simply a poorly wordsmithed way of saying they do not know "when" the restaurant will open. Maybe they lost their head chef or too much of the staff is failing to return? From every angle if they truly are on the fence of bring it back then this would go against everything they where claiming to be doing with catering to more "loyal" fans.
        Disneyland Fan since the 70's

        Comment


        • #5
          I hope it comes back. I liked eating there at least once per vacation. They even had a great breakfast menu. I also liked how, even when they changed the name from "Granville's Steakhouse", they kept the vintage Hollywood theme.

          Comment


          • #6
            Damn, that's a shame if it ends up being the case. Thankfully, my wife and I were able to enjoy our first (-and maybe last?) meal there shortly before the Valentine's Day Sweetheart Nite 2019. Great food with some menu options from Club 33 and overall, a magical evening together. She really liked the food and we're sad to see it go if this is the case but at least we can say we got to enjoy it before it left and under some of the best possible circumstances.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CM.X777 View Post
              "At this time, there are no plans to reopen Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. We are exploring options for this location and will update you when we have news to share."

              This is BS, it was one of the best places to eat on property.
              So it is officially gone...or a delayed reopening after the pandemic. Loved 55 for breakfast.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BasilOregano View Post
                Oh what -- that's terrible. How sure are we of this information?
                It's from the Hub, an official employee website.



                Originally posted by JoeCool View Post

                So it is officially gone...or a delayed reopening after the pandemic. Loved 55 for breakfast.
                Its dead, you don't say "We are exploring options for this location" if you are planning to bring it back later.

                Comment


                • #9
                  A certain competitor website (that will be automatically censored if I name it) also confirmed that Steakhouse 55 is closing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JoeCool View Post

                    So it is officially gone...or a delayed reopening after the pandemic. Loved 55 for breakfast.
                    Very sad, often went there for breakfast. One of the best options at the resort for a decent breakfast.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well, this is heartbreaking. Really happy I had a meal with my dad there before everything happened. It was delicious, and the food was of great quality.

                      (throws rose at the grave)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I have a feeling they are retheming the restaurant. Better question, is Goofy's Kitchens is closing as well? I assumed they use the same kitchen, as both restaurants are next to each other.

                        I never got the chance to eat there, despite staying at DLH several times. I hope the spot isn't left vacant.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sad. I remember when it was Granville's, and truly excellent, when Jack and Bonita Granville Wrather still owned the DLH .

                          "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                          designed to appeal to everyone."

                          - Walt Disney

                          "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                          - Michael Eisner

                          "It's very symbiotic."
                          - Bob Chapek

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I never been...but feel sad for those who enjoy the place
                            "SORRY"
                            Disney Must be on the downhill road............
                            Last edited by Eagleman; 07-01-2021, 04:14 PM.
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Oh, that's a shame! I loved their breakfasts (and especially the Kir Royales).

                              I'm sad to see it go, but by all that is holy PLEEEEZZZEEE don't let it become some kind of IP-themed dining 'experience' or another overpriced buffet.
                              "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                Sad. I remember when it was Granville's, and truly excellent, when Jack and Bonita Granville Wrather still owned the DLH .
                                Yep
                                The old Disneyland Hotel is not ,what it use to be........SAD............
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Stormy View Post
                                  Oh, that's a shame! I loved their breakfasts (and especially the Kir Royales).

                                  I'm sad to see it go, but by all that is holy PLEEEEZZZEEE don't let it become some kind of IP-themed dining 'experience' or another overpriced buffet.
                                  Can't afford Club 33? Or are you still on the wait list after 20+ years? Introducing Club 32 to the Disneyland Hotel! This fine dining restaurant is an homage to the still existing restaurant that we don't publicly acknowledge.

                                  Here you can dine extravagantish with a 2 or 2.5 course meals.Try the Steak with Cheese and a Sesame Bun ($40). Organic Chicken Wings fried with Canola Oil($38). And the Grounded up Caesar Salad with the Soup of the Day, all served at room temperature ($35). You can even sample our limited liquor & wine menu! Try the Chateau De Goof, with bottles going all the way back to Late 2019 & Early 2020.

                                  Listen to orchestra renditions of 'High School Musical', 'Camp Rock', and 'Little Einsteins". Enjoy our minimalistic vague decor. And peruse the attached Club 32 store, where you can buy our Pyrex set($250) or our monogrammed Paper Napkins ($120).

                                  Club 32: It's Like Club 33 for the Middle Class.


                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    ^ Post of the Year!!!
                                    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                    designed to appeal to everyone."

                                    - Walt Disney

                                    "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                    - Michael Eisner

                                    "It's very symbiotic."
                                    - Bob Chapek

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

                                      Can't afford Club 33? Or are you still on the wait list after 20+ years? Introducing Club 32 to the Disneyland Hotel! This fine dining restaurant is an homage to the still existing restaurant that we don't publicly acknowledge.

                                      Here you can dine extravagantish with a 2 or 2.5 course meals.Try the Steak with Cheese and a Sesame Bun ($40). Organic Chicken Wings fried with Canola Oil($38). And the Grounded up Caesar Salad with the Soup of the Day, all served at room temperature ($35). You can even sample our limited liquor & wine menu! Try the Chateau De Goof, with bottles going all the way back to Late 2019 & Early 2020.

                                      Listen to orchestra renditions of 'High School Musical', 'Camp Rock', and 'Little Einsteins". Enjoy our minimalistic vague decor. And peruse the attached Club 32 store, where you can buy our Pyrex set($250) or our monogrammed Paper Napkins ($120).

                                      Club 32: It's Like Club 33 for the Middle Class.


                                      Oh Lordy, HUSH! Don't give them any ideas!!
                                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        PCH is also defunct. (Won't miss that one nearly as much, but still.)

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X