Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute Trip Planning

Well, folks. I can't believe I'm saying this.... I will be going to Disneyland on July 6th in an emergency effort to bring one of my family members some sort of joy (RIP wallet). I have three big questions:

1. I am not app savvy in the least. Does anyone know what's available restaurant-wise on the 6th (specifically Lamplight Lounge)? Are my chances of getting a reservation low at this point?
    2. What's the best way to get in the Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group (I know refreshing is a bad idea and ruins the chances).
    3. Is Avengers Campus still a nuisance? Is Mission Breakout easily accessible now?

Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.

UPDATE #1: I signed myself up for alerts for Oga's, Blue Bayou, and Lamplight Lounge on mousedining.com. Crossing fingers!
    UPDATE #2: Watching so many ROTR videos. Linked both tickets to my app, so I feel like I'm prepared. General consensus: I have to click "Join Boarding Group" right at 7AM. It's been recommended that I get a stopwatch of some kind. Slightly nervous that my Legacy Passholder widget is going to throw me off. If anyone knows how to get around that, lmk.

UPDATE #3 (07/04/21): I got two reservations to Lamplight Lounge! Lobster nachos, here we come. Also, I've never taken the whole ROTR boarding group too seriously, but with lots of training I feel like I have a chance at it. Hearing Avengers Campus slowing down in the evening works with our schedules. This is way beyond how I would ever trip plan for ANYTHING, but all in an effort to make a family member's day (who is a huge Star Wars and Disney fan). I think I have all my trip planning advice, so I will follow-up with a trip report after our visit. Cheers everyone!
    Last edited by Captain Andy; 07-04-2021, 01:40 PM.

Hey Captain, I just got back from Disneyland and DCA a few days ago. I posted a video for how to navigate Disneyland which you may find helpful: https://youtu.be/GgU9EfbA9pA

I'll be posting one for California Adventure in a couple days as well. Avengers Campus is not as crazy as it was when it opened, but the key is time of day. We went in early afternoon and it was a walk-on experience. Also, for ROTR, I would also encourage a stopwatch or set your Apple Watch to show the seconds hand if you can. Refresh the page at approx 6:59 and 57 seconds. That will open up the Join button which you will have to hit TWICE. Once to access the next page, and a second time to confirm your party's attendance. Don't waste any time on that 2nd page because the slightest delay hitting the Join button again will cause you to miss out.

Check out the video for other tips/tricks that you may find useful and let me know your thoughts!

Cheers,
    Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray360!! View Post
      Hey Captain, I just got back from Disneyland and DCA a few days ago. I posted a video for how to navigate Disneyland which you may find helpful: https://youtu.be/GgU9EfbA9pA

I'll be posting one for California Adventure in a couple days as well. Avengers Campus is not as crazy as it was when it opened, but the key is time of day. We went in early afternoon and it was a walk-on experience. Also, for ROTR, I would also encourage a stopwatch or set your Apple Watch to show the seconds hand if you can. Refresh the page at approx 6:59 and 57 seconds. That will open up the Join button which you will have to hit TWICE. Once to access the next page, and a second time to confirm your party's attendance. Don't waste any time on that 2nd page because the slightest delay hitting the Join button again will cause you to miss out.

Check out the video for other tips/tricks that you may find useful and let me know your thoughts!

Cheers,
      Ray
      Thank you, Ray! I'll give it a watch. The ROTR advice is extremely helpful. I'm going to practice again tomorrow morning. I don't have an Apple Watch, but I will have my brother's phone which will give me the exact time and seconds til 7am. He's not cellphone savvy, so I won't even try trusting him with the button taps -- so one phone down and being used as a timer will definitely up my chances, I think.

Also thank you for the Avengers Campus update. DCA will be our second park, so that should work in our favor. We're not interested in WEB Slingers, we just want to ride the tower! Good to hear things slow down in the afternoon.

EDIT: I also checked my cellphone data like many vlogs recommended, and I'm primed for success here. Crossing fingers all this training works! It'll be my fourth attempt, but of course, in a whole new woooorld.
      Last edited by Captain Andy; 07-04-2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Having a timer with seconds will be key. Just pull down on the screen to refresh at precisely 57 seconds and tap Join twice. Make sure you have everyone in your party linked to your ticket otherwise it will hold you up on the 2nd screen. Made that mistake myself at 7am but fortunately I redeemed myself for the 12pm boarding option.

Good luck and God speed, Cap! You’re going to have an amazing time

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X