Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Disneyland travel guide & strategy to maximize your visit

Hey everybody — We just got back from Disneyland earlier this week and I posted a strategy guide for how to cover the park in a single day with minimal wait times. The same technique and tips would apply to WDW as well. The key is understanding crowd behavior and staying ahead of the curve. It becomes even more essential to be strategic with your agenda since Fastpass is still not available.

Planning your day and using tools like mobile food order will reduce your time spent on long lines. YMMV but this has been a consistent winning plan for us each time we visit, which is why I’ve been encouraged to share this with others. If you’re considering a visit to the parks, you might find the guide helpful!

https://youtu.be/GgU9EfbA9pA
    Last edited by Ray360!!; 07-04-2021, 10:28 AM.

Ray, this is super helpful, especially for a kinda' mediocre cellphone user! Feel like I got a pretty good download of the park as of recent from your video. And your kids are precious!

Comment

Were you using a “selfie stick”?
      Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post
        Were you using a “selfie stick”?
        Not a selfie stick per se, but a monopod. Security had to clear its use and allowed it because it was attached to a camera rather than a phone. Cheers

Comment

Definitely helpful tips.

Comment

Well done video!

Comment

Thanks for that! How far in advance did you place your mobile food orders? Is that a beginning-of-day thing or did you place them as you went?

Comment

Originally posted by leftcircles View Post
                Thanks for that! How far in advance did you place your mobile food orders? Is that a beginning-of-day thing or did you place them as you went?
                We placed the orders throughout the day basically to time when we thought we’d be hungry and where in the park we will be. For example the Bengal BBQ order for 11am was placed at around 10am when waiting in the Splash Mtn line. The order at Ronto Roasters in Galaxy’s Edge was placed in Toontown approx 1 hour in advance. If we needed to adjust the pickup windows, we were able to do that on the fly.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Helps very much. Thank you, Ray!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray360!! View Post
                    Hey everybody — We just got back from Disneyland earlier this week and I posted a strategy guide for how to cover the park in a single day with minimal wait times. The same technique and tips would apply to WDW as well. The key is understanding crowd behavior and staying ahead of the curve. It becomes even more essential to be strategic with your agenda since Fastpass is still not available.
                    I appreciate your trip report and advice. Seeing your morning plan made much sense, except it looks like you stopped for lunch at 10:00am (after riding Indy, Pirates, Splash, and Pooh). I'm going to get pushback from my crew if i'm pushing lobster rolls on them at 10.
                    Now don't close your eyes, and don't try to hide...

Next trip to Disneyland: December 3-6, 2011. I can't wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SillySpook View Post

I appreciate your trip report and advice. Seeing your morning plan made much sense, except it looks like you stopped for lunch at 10:00am (after riding Indy, Pirates, Splash, and Pooh). I'm going to get pushback from my crew if i'm pushing lobster rolls on them at 10.
                      Lol I hear ya! It was around 10:40 that we ate which is usually when the kiddos start asking for something to eat. I wouldn’t even say it was a proper lunch because we ate again at 3pm in Galaxy’s Edge. If you can pitch the idea that mealtimes will be “bracketed” so that you eat a little bit now and a little bit later, it will not only be a time-saver by not being saddled for one big meal, it will also allow you to try different foods from other restaurants. At the end of the day, you end up eating small meals throughout the day so you’re never starving, but it’s done as quick bites over several locations during off-peak times (eg, 11am, 3pm, 5pm, 8pm)

PS - you don’t have to twist my arm for a 10am lobster roll! Cheers!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X