Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I need to get a DAS?

I have visited DL for years on a scooter due to health issues but that didn’t require a das. I am now going in a few weeks and will be on oxygen in addition to the scooter. Since I like to walk onto a ride a lot, will I need a das? And what do I do with my oxygen on rides like Indy? It won’t fit in the space in front of me. Can I hold it? Going with oxygen is very new for me.

To my knowledge, you won't "need" a DAS card. HOWEVER, if you want no questions asked, just a wave of the hand, exit side entrance so you spend the least amount of time on your feet, getting a DAS card is recommended.

As for your tank, for rides that don't have enough room and no way to safely sit your tank next to you (based in the description, I'm assuming it's ones about a meter in height, which can last around 8ish hours at 2atm pressure) they may simply decline if you don't feel confident that they can safely seat you and your tank. While it's not the most convenient, I would recommend keeping 2 tanks with you, the large for use exclusively when on your scooter, and then a smaller, 12 inch tall one for rides that you can switch your cannula to SOLEY for when you're on rides with very limited space like Indy. I can't be exactly sure, but I believe the first aid center should have an emergency oxygen concentrator, which likely means they COULD refill a small canister if they needed to.

Comment

Sorry I wasn’t clear. My oxygen is an oxygen concentrator that runs on battery power most of the time. It is small and I have a backpack for it. Bout 12x12 inches or so and 11 pounds.

Comment

I'd recommend just calling the resort. From my experience in attractions, if it's the sort of thing you can put on the floor then you should be fine on most rides. If it's a backpack that you have to keep behind or to the side of yourself, it might be harder to accommodate on some attractions. But again, call the resort. The people at Guest Services are really helpful and will have the most comprehensive and accurate information for you.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/phone/

Comment

Originally posted by _Bluebird View Post
          I'd recommend just calling the resort. From my experience in attractions, if it's the sort of thing you can put on the floor then you should be fine on most rides. If it's a backpack that you have to keep behind or to the side of yourself, it might be harder to accommodate on some attractions. But again, call the resort. The people at Guest Services are really helpful and will have the most comprehensive and accurate information for you.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/phone/
          I AGREE........that what Guest Services for......
          to get comprehensive and accurate information.
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by carolwoodpr View Post
            Sorry I wasn’t clear. My oxygen is an oxygen concentrator that runs on battery power most of the time. It is small and I have a backpack for it. Bout 12x12 inches or so and 11 pounds.
            If it's only the size of a backpack, then they MIGHT actually simply let you take it with you on nearly every attraction. Indy has a bag sling hook as part of the handrail infront of your seat. However, just to be absolutely safe, I might still suggest a small oxygen tank, one about the size of an aluminum canteen. Just so if you absolutely CAN'T take your portable concentrator, you can have a tank with Enough for a ride.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X