Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report My Honest Review of July 6th 2021

My brother and I made a trip to the Disneyland Resort. I was on a mission to give him a good cheering up, and I think I succeeded; however, I have mixed feelings regarding my experience on July 6th, 2021.

I will start with the positives ––
    • Lines were okay, especially given that social distancing was eliminated and attraction vehicles were getting packed. Walkways were not terribly congested. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the lack of FastPass lines. Lines moved at a steady pace, and they never felt at a total standstill (unless the attraction broke down, and it was made to be that way). HOWEVER, and this might sound controversial, but the crowding in the parks felt very close to pre-pandemic days. I didn’t feel like the experience was special where guests have been harping that it’s been different. Take my word — it’s not that different.
    • On that note, wait times were mostly inaccurate. For example, Big Thunder Mountain had a posted 40 minute wait time, and we got through it in 10 minutes. Same for the Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain. It was hard to pin which posted wait times were true to their predictions.
    • We received a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance, which was the high point of the trip for us. It was both of our first time experiencing the attraction, and we were in awe. It's really amazing what Imagineering has the potential to do.
    • Mobile ordering was okay. I got the hang of it. One hour before a treat, I would put in a mobile order and that process worked pretty well. It was hard seeing visitors who weren't aware of the trend approaching the food counters, and getting turned away. I'll bring that up in another light in a second...
    • I was able to grab reservations for Lamplight Lounge, but this sort of fell into a negative after grabbing the Rise of the Resistance boarding pass...
    Negatives ––
    • No matter how extensively you plan, there are things that come up, and it's hard to modify ANYTHING. For instance, I had reservations for LL for 1:30PM and my Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group was going to be called at the same time. There are no other reservations available for LL of course, so we arrived, we ordered, I asked for a receipt immediately and we scarfed our food and headed out to board ROTR. It was not an ideal situation in the least bit, and it's somewhat of a bone to pick with boarding group / VQ procedures.
    • Mobile ordering was okay, but it was hard to watch CM's snap at others who didn't understand the current trends. Many CM's appeared irritable on my trip, which I don't blame them in the least bit. I spoke to one, and she mentioned how while she loves her job it's been a lot to juggle these past couple of months. I had another CM express the same sentiment at the Starbucks at Main Street USA, which appeared WILD as they were working with not an adequate amount of staff. You can just sense a feeling of exhaustion amongst staff. The ones that weren't exhausted yet appeared to be newbies in training, which it's a good thing they are bringing in more staff to relieve the pressure.
    • The trams not running –– the walk to the park from Mickey and Friends and back.... you have to experience it to fully realize how sucky it is. The end of the day walk was the roughest.
    Rides at their best (best of show):
    • The Haunted Mansion
    • Rise of the Resistance
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (though the explosion mist wasn't working!)
    • Matterhorn
    Rides at their worst (terrible maintenance):
    • Splash Mountain
    • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    We left early because we both are not Mickey's Mix Magic people, and wanted to get ahead of the evening crowds on our way home. Crowds maintained their levels throughout my day, and I think we can thank the fireworks for that.

In closing, it was an okay experience, but it wasn't the best. It was a good Disney day. I think the return of Fantasmic! and World of Color, shows that I really enjoy, would entice me to come back and the day would feel more complete. I would also like to see more staff so CM's aren't radiating stress out of their costumes. Lastly, the VQ system needs to go. I can't explain how stressed I was regarding the 6:59am boarding pass lottery.

P.S. Avengers Campus was a lively area. It's visually okay, and it was nice to see characters interacting with guests. Some of the food trays I saw people carrying around looked very appetizing, and made me hungry, but we refrained from that temptation.

6/10

I am glad to hear at least some of your day was great and good time was had overall.

I have mentioned this before but when we went in January and February of 2020 the crowds were not bad at all and it was apparent that interest in the parks was already on the drop. We even opted to wait stand by for several rides like Space Mtn because the wait times were only 30-40 minutes. I think Incredicoaster was like 20 minutes and RSR was only 45 min. Everyone who was crying the parks are overcrowded was already abandoning the place by 2020. I admit during the 60th it sucked and the parks were not comfortable but we noticed every year since they seem to become less and less crowded. I am not surprised to see the current parks having a less crowded feeling because even if they returned to the winter 2020 levels of attendance they would feel this way. I think though that chapek and co. are hoping to get crowds back to the 60th anniversary levels.
    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
      I am glad to hear at least some of your day was great and good time was had overall.

I have mentioned this before but when we went in January and February of 2020 the crowds were not bad at all and it was apparent that interest in the parks was already on the drop. We even opted to wait stand by for several rides like Space Mtn because the wait times were only 30-40 minutes. I think Incredicoaster was like 20 minutes and RSR was only 45 min. Everyone who was crying the parks are overcrowded was already abandoning the place by 2020. I admit during the 60th it sucked and the parks were not comfortable but we noticed every year since they seem to become less and less crowded. I am not surprised to see the current parks having a less crowded feeling because even if they returned to the winter 2020 levels of attendance they would feel this way. I think though that chapek and co. are hoping to get crowds back to the 60th anniversary levels.
      I agree, Starcade. When I visited in March 2020 things were a lot more chill than what I experienced yesterday, which is a good comparison to make. I think yesterday's crowding levels were fair, but anything above would be pushing it, thus making it "unbearable” and not a pleasant full-day experience.

I heard a lot of complaints from fellow guests that they were sold an “empty” park. I’m grateful I read enough trip reviews to dodge the hype and set accurate expectations for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
        Many CM's appeared irritable on my trip, which I don't blame them in the least bit. I spoke to one, and she mentioned how while she loves her job it's been a lot to juggle these past couple of months. I had another CM express the same sentiment at the Starbucks at Main Street USA, which appeared WILD as they were working with not an adequate amount of staff. You can just sense a feeling of exhaustion amongst staff. The ones that weren't exhausted yet appeared to be newbies in training, which it's a good thing they are bringing in more staff to relieve the pressure.
        I found this part of your review interesting. Despite the pressures and the challenges, there is NO excuse for these employees to display their irritability (at least not in a way perceivable to the paying guests), or for them to be vocally complaining to guests, even when asked by guests for their "opinions". Completely unprofessional and unacceptable. When hourly employees clock in to do a job which they are being paid for, especially in a service industry role, any of their personal gripes they need to leave at home, otherwise I suggest they look for another line of work. Their jobs are to be performed without their personal feelings being transparent. That has always been a big part of "the magic" and Disneyland, that workers put on a happy face. If people who are paying the high price of an admission ticket wanted to go to experience unhappy people, they could have saved a lot of money and instead gone to a DMV office and stood in those long lines.

Comment

I was there the 1st through 5th and can confirm much of what you said to be true. My additions:
          • line waits are extremely inaccurate. However, we are pros and can just glance at a line and guesstimate the wait within 5 minutes. Usually waits are conservative, but we found them to be all over the map this trip. I noticed no cast members handing out the red line tags that are needed to verify wait times
          • Avengers Campus is amazing. It has that kinetic energy that SWGE lacks.
          • We went on Rise twice and both times, it was enter from the south, go on the ride, and forget about the rest of the land. It just takes so long to get to the land and then so long to get to Rise and then MORE TIME to get to the rest of the land. It wouldn't be so bad if the land was developed with people doing things. Avengers had 6 characters out at once at one point. SWGE had zero.
          • Pym's is GREAT. A good quick service option with a really fun vibe. I recommend everyone try it.
          • Webslingers is also great. Is it basically TSMM? yes, but it's also super plussed up, way more accurate, and a lot more fun. There are so many easter eggs
          • We didn't see irritable CMs, but we did see a gulf between who has obviously been around for a while and could do the job with their eyes closed and people who are newer and still fumbling their way through it.
          A separate section for this - Maintenance.

I didn't find ride maintenance to be that bad. Everything was up as expected, even Indy was up mostly. My biggest problem was park and bathrooms. Every bathroom we went in, the sinks didn't work (trickling out water) and the urinals were all constantly running. The toilet stalls were clean, but everything else was just absolutely gross. The Space Mountain bathrooms looked liked they belonged in a ballpark. it was that bad.

Also, the ground looked like WDW. Our joke in the family is you can throw popcorn on the ground and someone will pick it up before the birds get to it. This trip, there were leaves everywhere, food wrappers in all the lines, leftover water bottles and food in the boats on the rides, it was incredible.

And for this - restaurants.

The Disney run restaurants are still done well - food is served hot, service is good. HOWEVER, they are all at such low capacity, it's embarrassing. We basically ate with 3 other families at Storytellers at 6pm one night and the hostess was turning people away at the door due to "max reservations for the next 2 months". LL was the same way for lunch one day too. It leaves a bad taste in guest's mouths when you can walk by any restaurant and see 2 dozen empty tables and get turned away.

Trader Sam's was fantastic. Still the best drinks on property. We went at 4pm one day and it was great. Sat immediately and had a great time. However, service problem there too. on another visit, the hostess wanted to put us at the bar behind a pole because it was a 30 min wait otherwise (all tables were empty at 10pm). Very frustrating.

Overall, you take the good with the bad because DL is still magical place, but they better fix stuff up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by savarese04 View Post
            I was there the 1st through 5th and can confirm much of what you said to be true. My additions:
            • We went on Rise twice and both times, it was enter from the south, go on the ride, and forget about the rest of the land. It just takes so long to get to the land and then so long to get to Rise and then MORE TIME to get to the rest of the land. It wouldn't be so bad if the land was developed with people doing things. Avengers had 6 characters out at once at one point. SWGE had zero.
            I appreciate your insight, and I can agree that some of the bathrooms were looking very rough, and attention to cleanliness was lacking in parts of the park.

On the subject of characters, you jogged my memory... I recall that it was weird seeing the Avengers Campus characters taking photos with guests, and speaking to them face to face, whereas most characters at Disneyland were behind a barrier of some kind.

I agree, SW:GE was lacking with character interactions. We actually spent a great deal of our day in Galaxy's Edge (we rode Smuggler's, and got on the walk-in list for Oga's Cantina)... the only character we saw was Rey, and she was above the parked speeders (? I apologize, I'm not a hardcore fan, so I might have totally butchered that). Chewbacca came out briefly, but it was like he walked from one side of the land to the other and he was gone. He didn't interact with any guests in a meaningful way.

I think besides Avenger's Campus, the characters that stood out to me were Mary Poppins and Bert with a Live Band near It's a Small World. They were being extra adorable. Bert was throwing his hat up and trying to catch it with his cane and failing quite a bit. Their interactions were priceless, and the little ones I saw were having quite the time watching them.

Moments like that really go a long way in adding that little bit of Disney magic.

Comment

I appreciate your insight, and I can agree that some of the bathrooms were looking very rough, and attention to cleanliness was lacking in parts of the park.

On the subject of characters, you jogged my memory... I recall that it was weird seeing the Avengers Campus characters taking photos with guests, and speaking to them face to face, whereas most characters at Disneyland were behind a barrier of some kind.

I agree, SW:GE was lacking with character interactions. We actually spent a great deal of our day in Galaxy's Edge (we rode Smuggler's, and got on the walk-in list for Oga's Cantina)... the only character we saw was Rey, and she was above the parked speeders (? I apologize, I'm not a hardcore fan, so I might have totally butchered that). Chewbacca came out briefly, but it was like he walked from one side of the land to the other and he was gone. He didn't interact with any guests in a meaningful way.

I think besides Avenger's Campus, the characters that stood out to me were Mary Poppins and Bert with a Live Band near It's a Small World. They were being extra adorable. Bert was throwing his hat up and trying to catch it with his cane and failing quite a bit. Their interactions were priceless, and the little ones I saw were having quite the time watching them.

Moments like that really go a long way in adding that little bit of Disney magic.
              Thank you for your review. How bad were the bathrooms?

Comment

• line waits are extremely inaccurate. However, we are pros and can just glance at a line and guesstimate the wait within 5 minutes. Usually waits are conservative, but we found them to be all over the map this trip. I noticed no cast members handing out the red line tags that are needed to verify wait times
                • Pym's is GREAT. A good quick service option with a really fun vibe. I recommend everyone try it.
                • Webslingers is also great. Is it basically TSMM? yes, but it's also super plussed up, way more accurate, and a lot more fun. There are so many easter eggs
                • We didn't see irritable CMs, but we did see a gulf between who has obviously been around for a while and could do the job with their eyes closed and people who are newer and still fumbling their way through it.
                A separate section for this - Maintenance.

I didn't find ride maintenance to be that bad. Everything was up as expected, even Indy was up mostly. My biggest problem was park and bathrooms. Every bathroom we went in, the sinks didn't work (trickling out water) and the urinals were all constantly running. The toilet stalls were clean, but everything else was just absolutely gross. The Space Mountain bathrooms looked liked they belonged in a ballpark. it was that bad.

Also, the ground looked like WDW. Our joke in the family is you can throw popcorn on the ground and someone will pick it up before the birds get to it. This trip, there were leaves everywhere, food wrappers in all the lines, leftover water bottles and food in the boats on the rides, it was incredible.

And for this - restaurants.

The Disney run restaurants are still done well - food is served hot, service is good. HOWEVER, they are all at such low capacity, it's embarrassing. We basically ate with 3 other families at Storytellers at 6pm one night and the hostess was turning people away at the door due to "max reservations for the next 2 months". LL was the same way for lunch one day too. It leaves a bad taste in guest's mouths when you can walk by any restaurant and see 2 dozen empty tables and get turned away.

Trader Sam's was fantastic. Still the best drinks on property. We went at 4pm one day and it was great. Sat immediately and had a great time. However, service problem there too. on another visit, the hostess wanted to put us at the bar behind a pole because it was a 30 min wait otherwise (all tables were empty at 10pm). Very frustrating.

Overall, you take the good with the bad because DL is still magical place, but they better fix stuff up soon.
                Thanks for the review. How bad were the grounds? the bathrooms? the conditions of the rides?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCool View Post

Thank you for your review. How bad were the bathrooms?
                  The bathrooms in Cars Land has seen better days -- a lot of water on the ground, toilets were looking rough and had some (ahem) remnants. Same for the Galaxy's Edge stalls, though they were slightly better. It was definitely an "at random" experience, but for all the times where Disney came up short, I really did just assume it was due to low staffing. It was actually difficult to find CM's at points because small things like popcorn carts were still shut down. Also when ROTR broke down for an hour, there were no CM's going through the line... not many could be found, so a lot of the guests got frustrated and abandoned ship.

Comment

The bathrooms in Cars Land has seen better days -- a lot of water on the ground, toilets were looking rough and had some (ahem) remnants. Same for the Galaxy's Edge stalls, though they were slightly better. It was definitely an "at random" experience, but for all the times where Disney came up short, I really did just assume it was due to low staffing. It was actually difficult to find CM's at points because small things like popcorn carts were still shut down. Also when ROTR broke down for an hour, there were no CM's going through the line... not many could be found, so a lot of the guests got frustrated and abandoned ship.
                    OK. So is the problem that Disney cannot find Cast Members? I read that only 50% of Disneyland Resort's cast members were called back - like 16,000 out of 32000.

Is Disneyland trying to go with fewer employees for increased profits? That is so wrong! Hire more and call more Cast Members back!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the review. How bad were the grounds? the bathrooms? the conditions of the rides?
                      The rides were in good shape. Aside from the occasional rubbish left behind, all the vehicles were clean and orderly. I had no complaints. The eating establishments were also super clean. All the tables were spotless. I grabbed a table that a guest just left and so I got the attention of a CM to clean it, which he gladly did in <30 sec of asking him. Pretty much what you'd hope for! All the trash cans in the park were emptied regularly and not overflowing at all (I wish I could say the same when I go to WDW).

The issues were the lots of stuff on the ground in lines and around the park. Main Street was spotless, but areas around NOS and Fantasyland had lots of spilled popcorn and leaves on the ground.

The biggest issues were the bathrooms. They were all gross. Paper everywhere, overflowing trash cans, urinals running constantly and flowing onto the ground. The worst were the sinks. I got one well-working sink in 5 days. Aside from SWGE, which are new and motion sensor, every place else still uses the push to run style sinks. You push it, and a trickle of water came out for a split second. Some you had to hold to get to work, others you just had to find another sink. They need all new faucets badly. I don't know what they're waiting for, as they could change out each bathroom in a night (it's not hard for even a home plumber) and be done in a couple weeks. Faucets are not cost prohibitive at the cost they're getting them.

Interestingly, most bathrooms did have an attendant nearby, but i think the overwhelming issues were just too much for the poor person to keep on top of. So basically, they kept the toilet stalls nice and clean, but let the rest of the bathroom go to hell.

Comment

Thanks both for your reviews. Super helpful. Your feedback sounds about as expected for a park getting back on its feet. It sounds like the crux of the problem is workforce-related. Understaffed, but clearly training and trying to staff up to the appropriate levels. It sounds like custodial staff were hit extra hard. Did you see less of them sweeping/cleaning while you were walking around the parks?

Comment

Yes! I saw Bert too and he was having the time of his life. All the characters were great. The Avengers characters were not behind a rope, but they were distanced. For example, Loki was on the top step of the fountain thing and no one was allowed to step up there. Spiderman likewise was on a platform and people were a good couple feet in front of him. You're right - it definitely was not as clear cut as Oswald behind the rope near Carthay Circle.

Comment

The rides were in good shape. Aside from the occasional rubbish left behind, all the vehicles were clean and orderly. I had no complaints. The eating establishments were also super clean. All the tables were spotless. I grabbed a table that a guest just left and so I got the attention of a CM to clean it, which he gladly did in <30 sec of asking him. Pretty much what you'd hope for! All the trash cans in the park were emptied regularly and not overflowing at all (I wish I could say the same when I go to WDW).

The issues were the lots of stuff on the ground in lines and around the park. Main Street was spotless, but areas around NOS and Fantasyland had lots of spilled popcorn and leaves on the ground.

The biggest issues were the bathrooms. They were all gross. Paper everywhere, overflowing trash cans, urinals running constantly and flowing onto the ground. The worst were the sinks. I got one well-working sink in 5 days. Aside from SWGE, which are new and motion sensor, every place else still uses the push to run style sinks. You push it, and a trickle of water came out for a split second. Some you had to hold to get to work, others you just had to find another sink. They need all new faucets badly. I don't know what they're waiting for, as they could change out each bathroom in a night (it's not hard for even a home plumber) and be done in a couple weeks. Faucets are not cost prohibitive at the cost they're getting them.

Interestingly, most bathrooms did have an attendant nearby, but i think the overwhelming issues were just too much for the poor person to keep on top of. So basically, they kept the toilet stalls nice and clean, but let the rest of the bathroom go to hell.
                            WOW!!! Thank you! The bathrooms need to be clean and all the faucets like you said can be switched out overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by brerphysicist View Post
                              Thanks both for your reviews. Super helpful. Your feedback sounds about as expected for a park getting back on its feet. It sounds like the crux of the problem is workforce-related. Understaffed, but clearly training and trying to staff up to the appropriate levels. It sounds like custodial staff were hit extra hard. Did you see less of them sweeping/cleaning while you were walking around the parks?
                              Tbh I only saw custodians in the certain ride queues! There was a push to clear trashcans in the queues throughout the day.

However, personally, I didn't see any CM's out and about in the lands themselves. I might have been too fixated on getting from point A to point B.

Comment

Is Disneyland trying to go with fewer employees for increased profits? That is so wrong! Hire more and call more Cast Members back!!!!
                                Yes. Bob Chapek is not going to let a good crisis go to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by brerphysicist View Post
                                  Yes. Bob Chapek is not going to let a good crisis go to waste.
                                  That is so wrong! When people start complaining online about dirty bathrooms, Disney will care. HIRE the cast members! Disney is charging a premium now for admission!

Comment

My brother and I made a trip to the Disneyland Resort. I was on a mission to give him a good cheering up, and I think I succeeded; however, I have mixed feelings regarding my experience on July 6th, 2021.

I will start with the positives ––
                                    • Lines were okay, especially given that social distancing was eliminated and attraction vehicles were getting packed. Walkways were not terribly congested. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the lack of FastPass lines. Lines moved at a steady pace, and they never felt at a total standstill (unless the attraction broke down, and it was made to be that way). HOWEVER, and this might sound controversial, but the crowding in the parks felt very close to pre-pandemic days. I didn’t feel like the experience was special where guests have been harping that it’s been different. Take my word — it’s not that different.
                                    • On that note, wait times were mostly inaccurate. For example, Big Thunder Mountain had a posted 40 minute wait time, and we got through it in 10 minutes. Same for the Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain. It was hard to pin which posted wait times were true to their predictions.
                                    • We received a boarding pass for Rise of the Resistance, which was the high point of the trip for us. It was both of our first time experiencing the attraction, and we were in awe. It's really amazing what Imagineering has the potential to do.
                                    • Mobile ordering was okay. I got the hang of it. One hour before a treat, I would put in a mobile order and that process worked pretty well. It was hard seeing visitors who weren't aware of the trend approaching the food counters, and getting turned away. I'll bring that up in another light in a second...
                                    • I was able to grab reservations for Lamplight Lounge, but this sort of fell into a negative after grabbing the Rise of the Resistance boarding pass...
                                    Negatives ––
                                    • No matter how extensively you plan, there are things that come up, and it's hard to modify ANYTHING. For instance, I had reservations for LL for 1:30PM and my Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group was going to be called at the same time. There are no other reservations available for LL of course, so we arrived, we ordered, I asked for a receipt immediately and we scarfed our food and headed out to board ROTR. It was not an ideal situation in the least bit, and it's somewhat of a bone to pick with boarding group / VQ procedures.
                                    • Mobile ordering was okay, but it was hard to watch CM's snap at others who didn't understand the current trends. Many CM's appeared irritable on my trip, which I don't blame them in the least bit. I spoke to one, and she mentioned how while she loves her job it's been a lot to juggle these past couple of months. I had another CM express the same sentiment at the Starbucks at Main Street USA, which appeared WILD as they were working with not an adequate amount of staff. You can just sense a feeling of exhaustion amongst staff. The ones that weren't exhausted yet appeared to be newbies in training, which it's a good thing they are bringing in more staff to relieve the pressure.
                                    • The trams not running –– the walk to the park from Mickey and Friends and back.... you have to experience it to fully realize how sucky it is. The end of the day walk was the roughest.
                                    Rides at their best (best of show):
                                    • The Haunted Mansion
                                    • Rise of the Resistance
                                    • Pirates of the Caribbean
                                    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (though the explosion mist wasn't working!)
                                    • Matterhorn
                                    Rides at their worst (terrible maintenance):
                                    • Splash Mountain
                                    • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
                                    We left early because we both are not Mickey's Mix Magic people, and wanted to get ahead of the evening crowds on our way home. Crowds maintained their levels throughout my day, and I think we can thank the fireworks for that.

In closing, it was an okay experience, but it wasn't the best. It was a good Disney day. I think the return of Fantasmic! and World of Color, shows that I really enjoy, would entice me to come back and the day would feel more complete. I would also like to see more staff so CM's aren't radiating stress out of their costumes. Lastly, the VQ system needs to go. I can't explain how stressed I was regarding the 6:59am boarding pass lottery.

P.S. Avengers Campus was a lively area. It's visually okay, and it was nice to see characters interacting with guests. Some of the food trays I saw people carrying around looked very appetizing, and made me hungry, but we refrained from that temptation.

6/10
                                    Great review and update Andy. Happy you made it on ROTR as I know you were stressing about that. Seems to have been a “mostly” positive experience albeit the shortcomings you mentioned which I agree with

Comment

DLR used to be a park where you could spot more custodians than you could rubbish on the ground. I have heard/read several times from multiple sources that DLR has neglected the custodial staff to a point where they have had so many call outs they are struggling to fill those positions and keep a minimum amount working at any given shift. Even McDonalds is offering $16 per hour and lots of benefits I think it's time DLR follow suit if they are expecting guests to pay through the nose.
                                      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

[*]Mobile ordering was okay, but it was hard to watch CM's snap at others who didn't understand the current trends. Many CM's appeared irritable on my trip, which I don't blame them in the least bit. I spoke to one, and she mentioned how while she loves her job it's been a lot to juggle these past couple of months. I had another CM express the same sentiment at the Starbucks at Main Street USA, which appeared WILD as they were working with not an adequate amount of staff. You can just sense a feeling of exhaustion amongst staff. The ones that weren't exhausted yet appeared to be newbies in training, which it's a good thing they are bringing in more staff to relieve the pressure.
                                        Here we see what is really sacrificed with these the cost-cutting measures. Overworked, underpaid, under-staffed and under-trained CMs are not capable of delivering the smiling service that we are accustomed to. Good attitudes alone cannot bridge that gap. It's honestly a testament to their dedication that they haven't all quit en masse like the employees at some businesses I have heard about.
                                        Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X