Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n8ayala
    replied
    This might be a silly question, but since Oogie Boogie Bash is happening in DCA and the halloween fireworks show is happening over the weekend at Disneyland (with a non-fireworks version on weekdays), anyone who has a park hopper who has to leave DCA on the event days can go back to Disneyland for the rest of the evening, right?

Leave a comment:

• Quentin
    replied
    Originally posted by Karalora View Post

I'm very fond of it myself. I'm impressed that they went for something genuinely frightening (for anyone, not just 7-and-unders), and I really appreciate that the scenario is presented as-is, without explanation, so you can come up with your own interpretations for what the monster is and why it's chasing you.

Is it just me, or is it odd that they'd skip it? I'm not an expert in the technology, but it seems like all they need to do change the ride over is switch out the projector and soundtrack programs. That should be something they can do in a day or less, even allowing for testing to make sure it's working.
    They skipped it in 2019 too. That was also the first year the Halloween party switched over to California Adventure from Disneyland. Which could have something to do with it. Although they still do the Fireworks and Haunted Mansion Holiday so they really should do Ghost Galaxy.

Leave a comment:

• Karalora
    replied
    Originally posted by Quentin View Post

It’s a bummer. Ghost Galaxy is a really good overlay.
    I'm very fond of it myself. I'm impressed that they went for something genuinely frightening (for anyone, not just 7-and-unders), and I really appreciate that the scenario is presented as-is, without explanation, so you can come up with your own interpretations for what the monster is and why it's chasing you.

Is it just me, or is it odd that they'd skip it? I'm not an expert in the technology, but it seems like all they need to do change the ride over is switch out the projector and soundtrack programs. That should be something they can do in a day or less, even allowing for testing to make sure it's working.

Leave a comment:

• md6379a
    replied
    Honestly, while I'm disappointed to lose classic Haunted Mansion again for "Halloween season" this year, I'm glad to not also lose classic Space Mountain (hopefully)!

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Quentin View Post

Unfortunately I never got to experience the Ghost Galaxy version.

Leave a comment:

• Quentin
    replied
    Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
    It seems odd that Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy is not coming back and neither is Hyperspace Mountain for the time being. It might be a good thing as far as Hyperspace Mountain is concerned. It really overstayed its welcome the last time it was up and running. But I don't understand why Ghost Galaxy is not returning.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    It seems odd that Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy is not coming back and neither is Hyperspace Mountain for the time being. It might be a good thing as far as Hyperspace Mountain is concerned. It really overstayed its welcome the last time it was up and running. But I don't understand why Ghost Galaxy is not returning.

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    Originally posted by Starcade View Post
    Seems they are now having a knee jerk reaction pulling out all the stops they can to convince people to return for another go around because without AP's people are not making frequent return visits. I have a feeling chapek is starting to see the reality of things and his dream of reinventing the wheel with a square is starting to effect the bottom line.
    I doubt it. Heck, Chapek may be oblivious of the whole thing, with only TDA and D'Amaro doing the work.

When Disney delays free access to new movies on Disney+ to 6-12 months , then we'll know that Chapek is aware of the company's shortcomings.

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    Seems they are now having a knee jerk reaction pulling out all the stops they can to convince people to return for another go around because without AP's people are not making frequent return visits. I have a feeling chapek is starting to see the reality of things and his dream of reinventing the wheel with a square is starting to effect the bottom line.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Disney stand to make more money.....having it at Disneyland Park

Leave a comment:

• Tomorrowland67
    replied
    We went to the Oogie Boogie Bash a couple of years ago. The Villains Grove was amazing.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    The Haunted Mansion is really getting the shaft this year. In all of 2021, it will only run 3 and 1/2 months while Haunted Mansion Holiday will run four months this year. Feels wrong to me. That and celebrating Christmas in September feels wrong too. My deepest sympathies Haunted Mansion fans. It also means It's a Small World Holiday is coming back and the Christmas overlays of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters.

Leave a comment:

• SkunkID
    replied
    Originally posted by MychaelP View Post
    ....It's insane how early Halloween is celebrated each year. I remember when it happened just after my Birthday each year which is after labor day, no it's before. Soon August.,
    Considering how early they have Christmas up each year, and now often they'll have Christmas stuff bleeding in, even by the last week of October; I'm excited to see them having Halloween stuff up pretty much the first week of September.

Leave a comment:

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by brerphysicist View Post
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-for-all-ages/

Sounds like Halloween will be coming back just like normal. Including Halloween Screams each night from 9/3-10/31 (fireworks included on weekend nights). Also, they're adding a new offering, Pluto's pumpkin hunt.

Oogie Boogie's Bash is coming back for 25 nights, too.
    What about Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy?

Leave a comment:

• Stormy
    replied
    I have to admit I called that one completely wrong. I won't be there but I hope everyone that is has a great time!!

Leave a comment:

• Cantina Boy
    replied

Sounds like Halloween will be coming back just like normal. Including Halloween Screams each night from 9/3-10/31 (fireworks included on weekend nights). Also, they're adding a new offering, Pluto's pumpkin hunt.

Thanks for the update, I can't wait! Going to try and get Boogie Bash tickets since I've never experienced a ticketed Halloween event at Disney before. I'm just going for the ambiance, sounds like a good time!

Leave a comment:

• MychaelP
    replied

Depending on the cost, it's a better deal to get to go to the party and then buy a single day to Disneyland for me. Glad I didn't jump on the 3 day deal. Looking forward to it. It's insane how early Halloween is celebrated each year. I remember when it happened just after my Birthday each year which is after labor day, no it's before. Soon August.,

Leave a comment:

• brerphysicist
    started a topic News Halloween Returning to DLR 9/3-11/2

Halloween Returning to DLR 9/3-11/2

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X