Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assuming since no one is talking about this "Updated" JC..then

Grant it, I have not physically not been on this so "called Update" of JC ride. That most people (yes me) think its another no big deal. This update looks lame...and appears that the Imagieneers spent more time with the back story then they did with the actual ride it self. Sorry...but looks really lame.
    Last edited by YeaDZNY; 07-13-2021, 09:18 AM.

It's my understanding that the ride doesn't open to the public until July 16.

Comment

I don't think it's open yet to the public. There have been soft openings, but no footage has come out.

Granted, I heard that the ride looks very cleaned up, the animatronics are working at 100%, and skippers are having a good time with it (though getting used to the new script). Excited to see what it looks like when footage is released.

Comment

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how rare it is to actually see a ride soft open? That hasn't happened in a long time. There is still an upcharge event, of course, but you won't be the first to experience the ride. Now, onto the business at hand...

It honestly doesn't feel that different from when they updated JC in the past. Some pluses here and there, a new effect or two, and working animatronics. I'm a little lukewarm on the sheer business of the gift shop--it feels a bit cluttered to me. And as someone supportive of the cultural sensitivity changes, I do wish they'd kept some version of a climax in the ride. We go straight from piranhas to the gift shop, and something is definitely missing. I'm not asking for something on-par with Tokyo Disneyland's JC, but that sure would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
          It's my understanding that the ride doesn't open to the public until July 16.
          Yea, but there are enough actual ride footage vids of this ride during the soft opening of it....so its really not that hard to see it now.

Comment

There are several full ride videos on youtube.

Snow White got a lot of enthusiastic response at the soft open video stage.
            Last edited by merlinjones; 07-12-2021, 11:32 AM.

Comment

I'm a fool... I didn't get any subscription updates from my Youtubes. WARNING: It spoils the ride, so if you're going in person, it's probably best not to click.

If anyone is curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DSV7eDFya8

It looks more lively than my last Jungle Cruise ride. I agree with Alec... would've liked something more like that of Tokyo's JC, but, I guess we'll wait on that in later iterations... maybe, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                There are several full ride videos on youtube.

Snow White got a lot of enthusiastic response at the soft open video stage.
                I wouldn't call this a lot of enthusiastic response. What drives most of the conversation is a debate about if fans are too critical or not.

https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...-at-disneyland

Comment

Meh. Jungle Cruise is 99% about the skipper. The boat, the animatronics, and the sets are merely the stage.

Comment

Think the updates are fine, it doesn't bother me and I think it was a good move on DLR's part to remove the offensive material as it was something the anti PC crowd would always list when it would argue why are they changing "X" when they have "Jungle Cruise, Splash Mtn, etc. etc." Well now they are systematically removing the troubled issues in the parks and as much as the current DLR management has recently failed to impress with the majority of their moves the removal of offensive material to me is something I agree with.

Also being able to rationalize this change right before they are launching a summer blockbuster based on the ride is not coincidence. Last thing they want is news reports about how The Rock and Emily Blunt are starring in a movie based on a ride that has racist overtones.
                    Last edited by Starcade; 07-13-2021, 07:49 AM.
                    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by brerphysicist View Post
                      Meh. Jungle Cruise is 99% about the skipper. The boat, the animatronics, and the sets are merely the stage.
                      This is exactly right, I think.

Do we know (or at least have a pretty good guess as to) when it's slated to fully open to the public?

Comment

Were there really complaints about the Ganesha elephant statue at the bathing pool?

Comment

So why is it a "ride" then?? And who cares about a fake skipper??

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                            Were there really complaints about the Ganesha elephant statue at the bathing pool?
                            I suppose the Hindu community might have found it objectionable, or perhaps a decision was made to remove it before it became so. Something that is often overlooked in these discussions is that Disney might choose to be proactive and remove or change potentially controversial elements before they come under fire. On balance I consider it a good thing--it shows they're thinking about the diversity of their customer base.
                            Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                              I don't think it's open yet to the public. There have been soft openings, but no footage has come out.

Granted, I heard that the ride looks very cleaned up, the animatronics are working at 100%, and skippers are having a good time with it (though getting used to the new script). Excited to see what it looks like when footage is released.
                              I liked it better years ago when the Skippers were allowed to 'deviate' a bit from the script........some of them were.....well.....quite humorous........

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post

I liked it better years ago when the Skippers were allowed to 'deviate' a bit from the script........some of them were.....well.....quite humorous........
                                Have to Agree.......
                                IMO it was Skipper that makes the show , on the Jungle Cruise.
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

Micechat put a video up a couple days ago.
                                  https://youtu.be/cJGsJN9WvUA
                                  Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

The Mice Chat video quality looked great. The ride did too. I miss some of the jokes, but I am sure skippers will change things up once they are not constantly filmed by people looking at the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                                      The Mice Chat video quality looked great. The ride did too. I miss some of the jokes, but I am sure skippers will change things up once they are not constantly filmed by people looking at the changes.
                                      I hope they do, there's some serious talent there.

Comment

Very true, a skipper who doesn't deliver a joke properly or with a bad delivery, can ruin the ride. In the videos I've seen so far, it looks like the skippers need more time with the new material. Here's a few more ride throughs, the skipper in the second ride has a good delivery.
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPjl-vxyLOo
                                        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X