Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oogie Boogie Bash Ticket Problems

We already had a trip scheduled for mid September, so when Disneyland announced that the Oogie Boogie Bash was back this year, we decided to get tickets for one of the nights we will be there.

I started checking around 7:30a PST, but not until 8:55a was the digital waiting room opened. I’ve been “in line” for over 4 hours now, with my wait time always at over an hour. Is this normal for their special events ticketing? Or do you think there is a technical problem on their end?

We last bought Halloween party tickets in 2017 and I remember it being a fast and simple purchase.

On the plus side, I’m cleaning my whole house while I “wait!”

Thanks for any input or advice.

A lot has happened since 2017 thats for sure

Comment

I got in as soon as the queue went live. I had 4 browsers open and my phone. I got really lucky and when the times started appearing one of my browsers said 16 minutes while the others said more than an hour.

I was able to get 7 tickets for the 9th (for MiceChat staff).

If I had been made to wait, I would possibly have had the issues others are having. Lots of people are reporting being charged multiple times and never getting their tickets. When they click purchase it will error out and ask them to try again, but when they check their credit card balance they have been charged.

It's yet another absolute mess on Disney's part, and no, they will never fix this. As long as people keep waiting all day and night to get tickets, and keep trying no matter how many times it errors out, Disney will never have any reason to fix anything.

Comment

This happened for Touch of Disney and when they started selling tickets for regular park admission again. It happened again when restaurant reservations went live. It's 100 percent normal and expected for people to have these problems because Disney refuses to change anything.

As long as people are willing to accept this nonsense, nothing will ever change. No, I am not being negative. I'm just stating the reality of the situation.

Comment

I'm seeing the same issue, 3 hours and multiple browsers and no update..

Comment

I was finally able to get tickets about five minutes ago. My wait time went from over an hour to your turn, in about 10 minutes on my desktop. Laptop and tablet never changed from a wait time of more than an hour.

Luckily no errors upon purchase and ticket confirmation came immediately.

What a weird experience. Feels like I
            just had to work really hard to give Disney $600. 😂

If this is the norm, maybe it’s not a “problem” at all, maybe it’s a manufactured system meant to exploit peoples’ emotions and create FOMO buzz.

I didn’t see any dates sold out, yet.

I don’t think I’m dedicated enough to do this again. I’ll wait it out a couple of days next time around.

Thank you to all who chimed in with their insights.

Comment

I've been in the Queue since 9 this morning. I got a message update around 12:30 talking about the system being overloaded. I just now got this message update:

"We are experiencing significantly higher than normal wait times to purchase tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party. We are deliberately pulsing Guests through the system. Wait times may be several hours or more depending on when you joined the queue. We still have plenty of tickets available, and we plan to keep the system open throughout the night to accommodate the demand. Please don't refresh and we will get you through the queue as soon as we can, or feel free to try back at a later date. We thank you for your patience as we work to accommodate as many Guests as possible."

Comment

Joined the queue at about 9:02 AM and got in and got tickets at about 9:20. It originally said it would be a 49 minute wait.

After I purchased it gave me an error message saying it was unable to process. But I checked my email and I had a confirmation with the the tickets attached.
                Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

I just got my tickets (after almost 8 hours in the queue). It appears all the dates are still available.

Comment

I had one session fail after 9 hours. I jumped back in the queue and it worked, I had tickets in about 1.5 hours. I had better luck in Chrome btw.

Comment

I scooped up some tickets for 10/12. Got in the queue at 10:30AM and was able to purchase around 4PM. Insane. This morning, the wait is less than a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by litemizer View Post
                        I just got my tickets (after almost 8 hours in the queue). It appears all the dates are still available.
                        Of course they are....not getting a whole lot in return. Not customers fault that they cant manage a Theme Park anymore...have fun

Comment

Just checked ticket availability this afternoon (no wait) and it looks like three nights have sold out:

Tuesday, September 28
                          Tuesday, October 19
                          Saturday, October 30

I’m not surprised by October 30th being popular, but two random Tuesdays selling out?

We opted for a Tuesday ourselves, to save a few bucks. Is this a subtle indication that they priced the Thursday and weekend parties too high this year?

Comment

The pricing is the reason the Tuesdays sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                              This happened for Touch of Disney and when they started selling tickets for regular park admission again. It happened again when restaurant reservations went live. It's 100 percent normal and expected for people to have these problems because Disney refuses to change anything.

As long as people are willing to accept this nonsense, nothing will ever change. No, I am not being negative. I'm just stating the reality of the situation.
                              Many Business is like that........and of doing things over phone,
                              I find out it not always first call or in order.......they do things
                              It button they hit on there side.......
                              Wait time can be almost forever and other times you may get lucky
                              and get a fast repose !
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I read on twitter a bunch of people were upset with the error and multiple charges. I went on yesterday to see what was going on and was able to purchase tickets for te 31st with a breeze. I learned my lesson the first time when DLR and DCA opened up.

Comment

Didn’t this event sell out in like in a single day in years past? It been a couple days and I just got an email from Disney Destinations Promoting the event which only has like three days sold out at this point. When I opened the e-mail my first thought was “how is that not already sold out?” . Maybe I am wrong and it’s always been easy to get tickets after several days?

We went once on one of the Bash days and accidentally ended up behind the ropes after the party started for a bit before we realized what had happened. For those that like these events it seems like a popular one.

I just wonder how guest that spent so much to get into the park but didn’t get a BB ticket will feel when they are pushed out of the park early?
                                  Last edited by Starcade; 07-15-2021, 12:29 PM.
                                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                                    Didn’t this event sell out in like in a single day in years past? It been a couple days and I just got an email from Disney Destinations Promoting the event which only has like three days sold out at this point. When I opened the e-mail my first thought was “how is that not already sold out?” . Maybe I am wrong and it’s always been easy to get tickets after several days?

We went once on one of the Bash days and accidentally ended up behind the ropes after the party started for a bit before we realized what had happened. For those that like these events it seems like a popular one.

I just wonder how guest that spent so much to get into the park but didn’t get a BB ticket will feel when they are pushed out of the park early?
                                    You're misremembering. Here are the stats for 2019 Oogie Boogie Bash:
                                    4/30/19 - Tickets on sale (link)
                                    9/16/19 - Tickets sold out (link)

The dates are selling out a bit quicker this year than in 2019, but a lot of that could be due to going on sale 2.5 months later and pent up demand.

Comment

Originally posted by brerphysicist View Post

You're misremembering. Here are the stats for 2019 Oogie Boogie Bash:
                                      4/30/19 - Tickets on sale (link)
                                      9/16/19 - Tickets sold out (link)

The dates are selling out a bit quicker this year than in 2019, but a lot of that could be due to going on sale 2.5 months later and pent up demand.
                                      That is good to hear for a second I was thinking "Oh no chapek is going to cut this one if they don't start selling better. " Glad to hear this is still popular as I know some folks that really look forward to this event.
                                      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

They held this event for the first time in 2019, this is only the second year they have had it and it didn’t sell out in a single day that first year.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X