• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

Oh you know its the Spreadsheet
    I think it is a Pie Chart.......But leadership keep eating it !
    LoL

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

Wait, in your middle paragraph you didn't specify that you were being honest, but I'll trust it since you did mention your conscience. Honestly, I always assume that everything I hear is dishonest unless the speakers/writers prefaces their remarks with "honestly" or "to be honest"! But to be honest
    Your forgot "trust me", trust me that is the true sign of honesty. lol!

Leave a comment:

• YeaDZNY
    replied
    Originally posted by bigcatrik View Post

What are the odds the executives are basing anything on actually being *in* the parks, and are simply relying on numbers on spreadsheets to tell them whether it's "crowded" or not?
    Oh you know its the Spreadsheet

Leave a comment:

• bigcatrik
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
    LOL, the middle paragraph came from a place of confusion! After being told that crowds were low, and not bad, to be in the park and feel differently made me insecure about my thoughts on crowding! Maybe I don't truly know what a crowded day at Disney is.... (or maybe I do, and it's when the Adventureland walkway is choked around 3PM).
    What are the odds the executives are basing anything on actually being *in* the parks, and are simply relying on numbers on spreadsheets to tell them whether it's "crowded" or not?

Leave a comment:

• Captain Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

Wait, in your middle paragraph you didn't specify that you were being honest, but I'll trust it since you did mention your conscience. Honestly, I always assume that everything I hear is dishonest unless the speakers/writers prefaces their remarks with "honestly" or "to be honest"! But to be honest I've liked your posts to Micechat. BTW, which cocktails make you feel bourgeois?

Thanks for updating us with news of your July 6 visit. I've had a few annual passes over the years, but I might not return till Christmas of 2022. (We're planning on WDW before then.) I'd like to go to D.land when I don't have to enter a lottery to ride Rise of the Resistance.
    LOL, the middle paragraph came from a place of confusion! After being told that crowds were low, and not bad, to be in the park and feel differently made me insecure about my thoughts on crowding! Maybe I don't truly know what a crowded day at Disney is.... (or maybe I do, and it's when the Adventureland walkway is choked around 3PM).

Also, my drink list:

1. Final with a Fix at Lamplight Lounge (makes me feel special because my job is in animation, and we call those tech finals!)
    2. The Stinger at Alfresco Tasting Terrace
    3. Margarita at Rita's Baja Blenders
    4. Neverland Tea at Lamplight Lounge

I tend to sip around, but those are my go-to's!
    Last edited by Captain Andy; 08-02-2021, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jcruise86
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
    Honestly when I see those Legacy Passholder emails being sent, I get the sense that Disney is hurting somewhere... One was sent today, and all I could do was roll my eyes because they were marketing the usual which is, "Hey. We're Disneyland."

I can't speak for crowds with a good conscience because the day I went it felt pretty crowded, but maybe Disney is really itching for those shoulder-to-shoulder crowds, or there are days where the park is dead and I chose a day where, well... it wasn't.

To be honest after that visit and at the price I paid, I have no plans to return until another relative drags me through those green gates. With my AP, I always itched to go alone, and pay for a meal, and be all bourgeois with my cocktails, but my July 6th visit left a weird taste in my mouth. I still have mixed feelings about it compared to my previous visits.
    Wait, in your middle paragraph you didn't specify that you were being honest, but I'll trust it since you did mention your conscience. Honestly, I always assume that everything I hear is dishonest unless the speakers/writers prefaces their remarks with "honestly" or "to be honest"! But to be honest I've liked your posts to Micechat. BTW, which cocktails make you feel bourgeois?

Thanks for updating us with news of your July 6 visit. I've had a few annual passes over the years, but I might not return till Christmas of 2022. (We're planning on WDW before then.) I'd like to go to D.land when I don't have to enter a lottery to ride Rise of the Resistance.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post
    My problems with Iger has been more with the studio acquisitions, he should of spun off Fox Pictures, but they may be needed in the future, to develop new content for Hulu and Disney Plus

But Chapek problem is growing, NATO ( National Association Theatre Owners) called out Disney fueling the anger towards Disney leadership, Then Imax Head went on record trashing Disney as well. Yes the theatres are hurting but its part of movie studio business, I don't think Chapek understands the model and is trying to push streaming first because he wants to sink them as they share revenues. Yet I still think this is going to backfire because many many people want to go back to the big screens. Keven Feige Marvel head of studio is also on record stating that were in a mess quote " Angry and Embarrased" This negative talk is spreading to Jungle Cruise and Emily Blunt press team pondering the idea of suing too. Then the lawsuits coming from Cast members - its not a good week for Disney at all. Then the back and forth with Delta Variant and pandemic hurting theme park attendance, I don't think Chapek is doing well.

With all things considered who has been quiet is Iger, he sold 100 million worth of shares he is planning something, it reminds me of the Disney War that led to Eisner resignation, the similarities are there, For example Hillary Duff quit Disney Channel in the early 2000s - this was huge at the time, comparing to Scarlet Johansson issues. If Iger quits the board then I can see problems happening. Yes these problems happened in the Iger era but he quickly shut them down before they became big problems. He wasn't afraid to spend of legal and PR, something that I'm afraid Chapek doesn't understand.

Iger wanted to be a diplomat for Political aspirations, but with Disney Greed taking center stage during the pandemic, it hurt his chances. This was the same time when Iger quit the task force, People failed to see the connection but this was also the time D'Amaro was gaslighting topics in order to open the parks. This bruised Egos all around. Let us go forward to now where D'Amaro is just releasing memos and Chapek is releasing movies at El Capitain?? Iger is nowhere to be found. The biggest thing now is how Florida Theme Parks will reposing to the Delta Variant wave, this is going to affect the parks in ways that D'Amaro and Chapek won't be able to deal with. Will they reduce park attendance? All of this is mounting and wondering what is Iger doing or the board, they may not be ready to deal with fall out of the press? Iger was a master of press he came from Capital Cities - he would of spoken front and center, He dealt with the toughest critics - Chapek and D'Amaro don't they jumped too fast, Are we seeing the end of a short reign - Possibly unless the press dies down, but I do not see this happening. Disney Plus isn't the whole brand and the studios and parks need attention fast.
    ^ Nails it, IMO. Bookmark that post for future reference, folks -- it has the feeling that it may turn out to be handwriting on the wall.

Leave a comment:

• hurricanefreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

My self - I do not like nether Iger or Chapek......Both have hurt the company !
    Again IMO

My problems with Iger has been more with the studio acquisitions, he should of spun off Fox Pictures, but they may be needed in the future, to develop new content for Hulu and Disney Plus

But Chapek problem is growing, NATO ( National Association Theatre Owners) called out Disney fueling the anger towards Disney leadership, Then Imax Head went on record trashing Disney as well. Yes the theatres are hurting but its part of movie studio business, I don't think Chapek understands the model and is trying to push streaming first because he wants to sink them as they share revenues. Yet I still think this is going to backfire because many many people want to go back to the big screens. Keven Feige Marvel head of studio is also on record stating that were in a mess quote " Angry and Embarrased" This negative talk is spreading to Jungle Cruise and Emily Blunt press team pondering the idea of suing too. Then the lawsuits coming from Cast members - its not a good week for Disney at all. Then the back and forth with Delta Variant and pandemic hurting theme park attendance, I don't think Chapek is doing well.

With all things considered who has been quiet is Iger, he sold 100 million worth of shares he is planning something, it reminds me of the Disney War that led to Eisner resignation, the similarities are there, For example Hillary Duff quit Disney Channel in the early 2000s - this was huge at the time, comparing to Scarlet Johansson issues. If Iger quits the board then I can see problems happening. Yes these problems happened in the Iger era but he quickly shut them down before they became big problems. He wasn't afraid to spend of legal and PR, something that I'm afraid Chapek doesn't understand.

Iger wanted to be a diplomat for Political aspirations, but with Disney Greed taking center stage during the pandemic, it hurt his chances. This was the same time when Iger quit the task force, People failed to see the connection but this was also the time D'Amaro was gaslighting topics in order to open the parks. This bruised Egos all around. Let us go forward to now where D'Amaro is just releasing memos and Chapek is releasing movies at El Capitain?? Iger is nowhere to be found. The biggest thing now is how Florida Theme Parks will reposing to the Delta Variant wave, this is going to affect the parks in ways that D'Amaro and Chapek won't be able to deal with. Will they reduce park attendance? All of this is mounting and wondering what is Iger doing or the board, they may not be ready to deal with fall out of the press? Iger was a master of press he came from Capital Cities - he would of spoken front and center, He dealt with the toughest critics - Chapek and D'Amaro don't they jumped too fast, Are we seeing the end of a short reign - Possibly unless the press dies down, but I do not see this happening. Disney Plus isn't the whole brand and the studios and parks need attention fast.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied

Hahahaha so true but that is why It recently came out in the press that Chapek and D’Amarowants want Iger gone, but it seems that is not happening till December, Iger really kinda getting pissed on how Chapek is running the studios (cost cutting and mismanagement with Chinese gov) D’Amaro casing issues with the state (causing issues with Dem Party for future job) and mismanagement in opening the parks - lost of bruised egos
    If what you say is true........( I believe what say )

CHAPEK.....better get Wise about IGER.......
    IMO
    IGER have more pull..........
    I share in the pass - I fell CHAPEK is a fall guy............

My self - I do not like nether Iger or Chapek......Both have hurt the company !
    Again IMO

Leave a comment:

• BasilOregano
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Exactly. "They might complain but they don't stop coming" has been the M.O. since Pressler's day. Chapek isn't doing anything new, just a lot more of the same cutting costs and increasing prices that got him and his predecessors promoted up the ladder from their previous positions in the Company.
    Yes, 100 percent this. For two decades now the game's been finding the exact spot where things are so bad that they stop coming and stopping right before that point, the closer the better. The only difference between Chapek and Pressler -- and between something like DCA 1.0 and something like Galaxy's Edge, for my money -- is that they've gotten better at it....

Well with todays news that Scarlett Johnson suing Disney Company about releases with Disney+, Bob Chapek is really in damage control.
    Yeah they really stepped in it with that one (and what an unforced error! did they decide to save a few dollars by getting rid of all the lawyers?).

Leave a comment:

• hurricanefreak
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Myself Disney can not be trusted , nor matter what part area of the company-IMO

You ask How long will this continue?.......answer to hard to see or till .......
    But something tell me - Capek CEO is not going last long.....
    Don't forget
    That IGER is still on the Board in the Company......
    Hahahaha so true but that is why It recently came out in the press that Chapek and D’Amarowants want Iger gone, but it seems that is not happening till December, Iger really kinda getting pissed on how Chapek is running the studios (cost cutting and mismanagement with Chinese gov) D’Amaro casing issues with the state (causing issues with Dem Party for future job) and mismanagement in opening the parks - lost of bruised egos

i wonder D23 will go if it’s bland - and doesn’t captivate the influencers - we will start to see the cracks build

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Well with todays news that Scarlett Johnson suing Disney Company about releases with Disney+, Bob Chapek is really in damage control. Given the strained relationship with Bob Iger afloat and his mismanagement with the parks, I think this is all valid that he isn't running the Disney Company correctly. I was reading that Pixar has been frustrated with Chapek since moving there movies only to streaming and has killed moral at there studio up north. Yet moral at the parks is also bruised and now the actress of a major film. Given what we have seen I am not surprised, are they making money yes but at what cost, all this is hurting the brand. I always had mixed feelings with Capek, rumors that he gutted the budgets for Galaxy Edge and Guardians of Galaxy. The problem now is that he is cutting the budget to a point that it reminds me Presseler era but at a larger scale. Boats sinking at WDW, Trans not working, numerous accidents at the Skyliner, Trash collection at both parks. Yet he trying to hide this with mediocre lands like Avengers Campus, and there offering being mediocre. How long will this continue?
    Myself Disney can not be trusted , nor matter what part area of the company-IMO

You ask How long will this continue?.......answer to hard to see or till .......
    But something tell me - Capek CEO is not going last long.....
    Don't forget
    That IGER is still on the Board in the Company......

Leave a comment:

• JoeCool
    replied
    Well with todays news that Scarlett Johnson suing Disney Company about releases with Disney+, Bob Chapek is really in damage control. Given the strained relationship with Bob Iger afloat and his mismanagement with the parks, I think this is all valid that he isn't running the Disney Company correctly. I was reading that Pixar has been frustrated with Chapek since moving there movies only to streaming and has killed moral at there studio up north. Yet moral at the parks is also bruised and now the actress of a major film. Given what we have seen I am not surprised, are they making money yes but at what cost, all this is hurting the brand. I always had mixed feelings with Chapek, rumors that he gutted the budgets for Galaxy Edge and Guardians of Galaxy. The problem now is that he is cutting the budget to a point that it reminds me Presseler era but at a larger scale. Boats sinking at WDW, Trans not working, numerous accidents at the Skyliner, Trash collection at both parks. Yet he trying to hide this with mediocre lands like Avengers Campus, and there offering being mediocre. How long will this continue?
    Agreed. Disney is the major studio in Hollywood now in terms of market share. The Marvel and Pixar brands will suffer and guess what actors will go to other studios. Right now with the pandemic, Disney needs its studios and streaming business to be very profitable to make up for less profits at its theme parks, television network and stations and consumer goods.

This is just the beginning if Scarlett sues because Disney screwed her out of money - a lot of Hollywood actors will be watching and waiting.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by BasilOregano View Post
    ..Chapek's argument in the parks, as I understand it, runs like this: let's say we lower the quality of the food at the Blue Bayou a bit, and also raise the price for it a bit. Is that really going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back -- are you really going to stop going based on that? And if so, can't we just replace you with the crowd of people who want to go but couldn't get a reservation? And if offering are eventually reduced to the point where we can't even do that, well, can't we can still make more money selling less items at a higher profit margin than more items at a lower profit margin? And even if things are so bad that we can't even do that, well, we might still be ahead enough at similar schemes throughout the park that we end up ahead overall. To be sure eventually there's a point where it stop working, but it might not be just around the riverbend.
    Exactly. "They might complain but they don't stop coming" has been the M.O. since Pressler's day. Chapek isn't doing anything new, just a lot more of the same cutting costs and increasing prices that got him and his predecessors promoted up the ladder from their previous positions in the Company.

Leave a comment:

• hurricanefreak
    replied
    Well with todays news that Scarlett Johnson suing Disney Company about releases with Disney+, Bob Chapek is really in damage control. Given the strained relationship with Bob Iger afloat and his mismanagement with the parks, I think this is all valid that he isn't running the Disney Company correctly. I was reading that Pixar has been frustrated with Chapek since moving there movies only to streaming and has killed moral at there studio up north. Yet moral at the parks is also bruised and now the actress of a major film. Given what we have seen I am not surprised, are they making money yes but at what cost, all this is hurting the brand. I always had mixed feelings with Chapek, rumors that he gutted the budgets for Galaxy Edge and Guardians of Galaxy. The problem now is that he is cutting the budget to a point that it reminds me Presseler era but at a larger scale. Boats sinking at WDW, Trans not working, numerous accidents at the Skyliner, Trash collection at both parks. Yet he trying to hide this with mediocre lands like Avengers Campus, and there offering being mediocre. How long will this continue?

Leave a comment:

• YeaDZNY
    replied

Oh, I'm still going to go -- on balance, there's still quite a lot I really enjoy about the parks! Management will continue to chisel away at that, and I'm sure that at some point it won't be there anymore, but I'm planning to enjoy as much as possible before that time.

In fact, my confidence that the situation with management is likely to continue to get worse and not better is one of the best reasons to go as often as possible right now.
    okie dokie...your cash.

Leave a comment:

• BasilOregano
    replied
    Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

Easy solution....dont go. Have a voice with your wallet until this cancer is removed. I just cant phathom how anyone can say and feel that the parks are just not worth the blood, sweat and tears right now.
    Oh, I'm still going to go -- on balance, there's still quite a lot I really enjoy about the parks! Management will continue to chisel away at that, and I'm sure that at some point it won't be there anymore, but I'm planning to enjoy as much as possible before that time.

In fact, my confidence that the situation with management is likely to continue to get worse and not better is one of the best reasons to go as often as possible right now.

Leave a comment:

• YeaDZNY
    replied
    Not to poke the hornet's nest, but I think the likelihood of Chapek's policies in the parks backfiring on him dramatically might be overvalued. If he's removed, I suspect it would have a lot more to do with Disney+ and the major franchises than the parks. Indeed, I think the biggest variables is whether the MCU still performs at the same clip after Endgame and if Star Wars still performs at the same clip after the end of the Skywalker saga. To be sure I'm sure both franchises will continue to make money, but if they begin to perform more in line with "typical" action blockbusters rather than "special" action blockbusters that would be a colossal problem for the company.

Chapek's argument in the parks, as I understand it, runs like this: let's say we lower the quality of the food at the Blue Bayou a bit, and also raise the price for it a bit. Is that really going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back -- are you really going to stop going based on that? And if so, can't we just replace you with the crowd of people who want to go but couldn't get a reservation? And if offering are eventually reduced to the point where we can't even do that, well, can't we can still make more money selling less items at a higher profit margin than more items at a lower profit margin? And even if things are so bad that we can't even do that, well, we might still be ahead enough at similar schemes throughout the park that we end up ahead overall. To be sure eventually there's a point where it stop working, but it might not be just around the riverbend.
    Easy solution....dont go. Have a voice with your wallet until this cancer is removed. I just cant phathom how anyone can say and feel that the parks are just not worth the blood, sweat and tears right now.

Leave a comment:

• BasilOregano
    replied
    Not to poke the hornet's nest, but I think the likelihood of Chapek's policies in the parks backfiring on him dramatically might be overvalued. If he's removed, I suspect it would have a lot more to do with Disney+ and the major franchises than the parks. Indeed, I think the biggest variables is whether the MCU still performs at the same clip after Endgame and if Star Wars still performs at the same clip after the end of the Skywalker saga. To be sure I'm sure both franchises will continue to make money, but if they begin to perform more in line with "typical" action blockbusters rather than "special" action blockbusters that would be a colossal problem for the company.

Chapek's argument in the parks, as I understand it, runs like this: let's say we lower the quality of the food at the Blue Bayou a bit, and also raise the price for it a bit. Is that really going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back -- are you really going to stop going based on that? And if so, can't we just replace you with the crowd of people who want to go but couldn't get a reservation? And if offering are eventually reduced to the point where we can't even do that, well, can't we can still make more money selling less items at a higher profit margin than more items at a lower profit margin? And even if things are so bad that we can't even do that, well, we might still be ahead enough at similar schemes throughout the park that we end up ahead overall. To be sure eventually there's a point where it stop working, but it might not be just around the riverbend.
    Last edited by BasilOregano; 07-29-2021, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeCool
    replied
    After reading some of the post here, and haven't posted in years it seems, here my view of what is going on. Many of my friends have done repeat visits to the park and they are finding it congested but also awkward. They don't feel the Disney touch, like restrooms are bad, its hard to find a cast member to ask a question. Some jobs are being replaced by signs bad. I was not surprised since many cast members I know decided to stay former cast members. With recent twitter rumors and viewing certain video news of podcasters on YouTube, there is no cohesion - Cast Member moral is low, Disney Fan Blog site give out mix messages. I am seeing a crap ton negative TikTok videos, Literally comparing WDW and DLR to the "" OOOOO the Ghetto""" sound motif. I suspect many Disney Fans bought out Oggie Boogie Bash tickets but I see crowds taking a nose dive with Delta concerns, max mandates being brought back. Also the tram situation is pissing many off; I was at the parks couple weeks back, Only DTD off for me any many remarks I heard this is ridiculous and rather walk back to there cars instead of shopping because they had enough. Right now its still summer and with promos for Avengers Campus still going, I don't see crowds going down but I don't think there going to maintain these crowds like they did before, I suspect a nosedive
    Agreed. Now with the indoor mask/ride requirement implemented, expect lower attendance especially from tourist/out of town visitors.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X