Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd never thought I'd say this, but Disney is losing me...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by waltdisney'salec View Post
    abigail disney is still around and was angry at iger's excessive compensation enough that shareholders rejected a compensation package for him once. But there was really no excuse to oust iger since he was leading the company in a more stable and successful direction when compared to the rest of the entertainment industry.

If chapek wastes the golden goose, i would fully support a vote of no confidence from the board and with her backing the change.
    Bingo..........
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by baroquehoedown View Post
      I would like to see Abigail Disney take a leadership role. I'm not sure if she has any interest, but the parks have been getting off track for a while and from what I've heard, she is about the only voice of reason.
      The only promblem is that Abigail and her siblings have shown no public interest of having a position in the company. Ditto with Walt's extended family, specially the Millers. I wouldn't be surprise if the Millers had issues with company and the Disney Family, after Ron Miller's ousting. Let's not forget that Roy O. Disney led a campaign against his cousin's husband(who was Walt's Son in Law) for the sake of the company. Awkward.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

The only promblem is that Abigail and her siblings have shown no public interest of having a position in the company. Ditto with Walt's extended family, specially the Millers. I wouldn't be surprise if the Millers had issues with company and the Disney Family, after Ron Miller's ousting. Let's not forget that Roy O. Disney led a campaign against his cousin's husband(who was Walt's Son in Law) for the sake of the company. Awkward.....
        IMO
        Geeee be truthful
        There was Issue ,with Walt and Roy...........
        But hey ,I have many Issue with my own Brother....lol

Fact Today Leadership Disney Company is not the same ........and have kept both Disney and Miller ,ousted
        and Family's really no interest in the company......
        Last what I read they had 16% stock in the company......that very little
        Abigail just have very strong Opinions(which I agree with by the way)
        Such as IGER was pay to much and also had to much control.

I have to agree with you......
        Abigail and her siblings have shown no public interest of having a position in the company.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• deleted comments
          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
          My company had a special night at the park
          WdW trip report with WWoHP
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

Comment

• You sound like me circa 2002. I gave up on the parks after 11 years of Annual Passes starting in the late 80s. Last time I had visited was 2005. I went twice this summer and was re-sold on the whole place. Hopefully the new Keys won't ruin the park for a few years and I can enjoy it again for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrisedge View Post
              You sound like me circa 2002. I gave up on the parks after 11 years of Annual Passes starting in the late 80s. Last time I had visited was 2005. I went twice this summer and was re-sold on the whole place. Hopefully the new Keys won't ruin the park for a few years and I can enjoy it again for a while.

Yeah, I can definitely see how the parks of today are way better than then, especially coming off the Pressler era. My golden years were really 2012-2016, before they started messing with DCA as much as they did. Still have love for the parks, but distance is needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Yeah, I can definitely see how the parks of today are way better than then, especially coming off the Pressler era. My golden years were really 2012-2016, before they started messing with DCA as much as they did. Still have love for the parks, but distance is needed.
                My Friend
                I can recall, as a kid how cool it was , just by pass Disneyland on the 5 freeway -seeing the Matterhood and Rocket ship .

Now I void going to north side of Orange County, specially near Disneyland.......
                It SAD How This company has gotten.......and at this point, I don't have the desire ,even want to see the Matterhood !

A Good distance is needed......I stay on the south side........
                Or go North/West when I go to Knott's.
                It is sad indeed !
                IMO
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

My thoughts here are sparked by the recent article reported here on Micechat and other outlets: 2,000 Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Jobs Moving to Orlando. Read it for some background as to my thinking.

I could go on forever about my love for Disney and Disneyland. From the animated films of my childhood through their acquisition of the most recent IPs, I've experienced their cultural moments with them, and it translated into a passion for Disneyland that then pushed me into my current career path. I've been critical when they deserved it, and congratulatory when they earned it. I grew up in Burbank, know plenty of people at the studio and have been there myself. After the events of this past year, I think Disney is just losing that place in my heart that it used to have.

I tolerated a lot of pandemic changes on the guest-facing side even though I disagreed with them. I've personally witnessed their worsening treatment of CMs who were left with no other option than to take their skilled labor across state lines when they refused to hire back half their Disneyland CMs. And as each day passes, it seems like some Disney executive is in the press trying to justify why things aren't the same anymore, rather than telling us how they're better than they've ever been.

Over time, it's been hard to point to any single thing as completely diminishing Disney in my mind. But as I take stock after this abysmal decision to force WDI to Orlando, I just find myself unable to justify continually patronizing the parks. I had an AP as recently as last year and was considering buying into their new affinity program whenever it launched. Now, I think I will visit one last time to say goodbye before cutting back my visits to once every 4-5 years. I'll still keep up with the animated films and occasional Disney+ content, but management's recent moves just leave a bad taste in my mouth for guests and CMs alike.

I'm not looking for comments of support, but rather just providing some insight if you don't see me around the forums as frequently. If you do feel empathy, please point it towards the Imagineers at WDI and other Diseny CMs, many of whom are facing the prospect of either leaving family behind or giving up their life's dream, with no severance pay to speak of.

This isn't the same Disney Walt and Mickey started, but it's not even the same company it was two years ago. And until it gets back there, I'm afraid this is how I will feel for the foreseeable future.
                  You're not alone:
                  https://www.sfgate.com/disneyland/ar...m-16417217.php

Comment

• Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                    Off the street ,there are many feel the same......
                    When people hear the name Disneyland or Disney
                    more times than not- I also hearing the word "GREED" ! imo
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• (I shared this with another Disney group in a Walt Disney World section.)

Predictions from Captain Obvious:

MOST families visiting Disney's American parks from 500+ miles away might splurge on the $15 to $20 per CUSTOMER (no longer "guests" if we're being honest) per day for Lightning Lane
                      to be able to ride SOME most of the most popular attractions with a shorter wait,
                      SO
                      the so-called Lightning Lane will be a mess on the many crowded days, and in order to then make Lightning Lane significantly faster, Disney "will have no choice but to raise the price of Lightning Lane."

And if [at WDW] the Rise of the Resistance,
                      & Tron
                      fastpass options (they won't be Lightning Lane options & will have the longest lines) are raised to $30,
                      there will be a damaging backlash.
                      ("One hundred and twenty bucks so my family of 4 could ride a two-minute Tron coaster once!")
                      This will be on top of the $400 extra a family of 4 a family would pay for Lightning Lane for 5 days in the parks if L.L. will increase to $20 a day, as it reportedly will cost from the start at Disneyland.

Sorry to say, but sadly it's true: Robert Paycheck is a short-term thinking antiWalt.
                      Last edited by jcruise86; 09-10-2021, 05:52 PM.

Comment

My thoughts here are sparked by the recent article reported here on Micechat and other outlets: 2,000 Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Jobs Moving to Orlando. Read it for some background as to my thinking.

I could go on forever about my love for Disney and Disneyland. ...

I'm not looking for comments of support, but rather just providing some insight if you don't see me around the forums as frequently. If you do feel empathy, please point it towards the Imagineers at WDI and other Diseny CMs, many of whom are facing the prospect of either leaving family behind or giving up their life's dream, with no severance pay to speak of.

This isn't the same Disney Walt and Mickey started, but it's not even the same company it was two years ago. And until it gets back there, I'm afraid this is how I will feel for the foreseeable future.
                        I do miss WaltDisney'sAlec because of his even-handed commentary. I do feel compassion for those employees, Alec. I hope they can calmly make the decision that is best for them. No shame in moving to Florida, no shame in leaving Disney.

Comment

• Originally posted by nostalgic View Post

I do miss WaltDisney'sAlec because of his even-handed commentary. I do feel compassion for those employees, Alec. I hope they can calmly make the decision that is best for them. No shame in moving to Florida, no shame in leaving Disney.
                          WaltDisney'sAlec
                          X 2 agree
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by nostalgic View Post

I'm still around! Just much less frequently. I actually made a trip to the parks in August, before the Magic Keys went live. I enjoyed the short waits and low crowds very much. What struck me was just how many effects and ride elements were broken or in disrepair, from old classics all the way to Rise of the Resistance. I understand there are cutbacks and maintenance can't get to everything, but it was just disappointing to see. There were still a couple closures that I missed (SW Launch Bay, Subs, Monorail at the time), and I was generally disappointed in just how generic the merchandise has become. I usually buy a vintage-looking shirt if I can find it, but very few were unique or said anything other than "Disneyland Resort." Even worse, they were selling lightsabers in Critter Country!

I will say something I haven't seen mentioned is that Disney had actually spent money repairing certain things outside of the ride elements themselves. One notable change was that they finally replaced (repaired?) the handgrips and mesh bags on the Space Mountain trains so they are as good as new. There were several minor changes like that, which I appreciated, but I imagine go unnoticed by most guests. The standout highlight was, of course, the interactions with CMs. I had only 2 tell me that I couldn't wear my mask with a valve (likely not informed of the updated CDC guidelines, based on this study), but even they were nice about it. I'll miss the parks for a while, but I'm still keeping up with them a bit. Just not as much as before.

Comment

. I had only 2 tell me that I couldn't wear my mask with a valve (likely not informed of the updated CDC guidelines).
                              Except it doesn't matter what the CDC says. It's Disney's rules, and they say:

"face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings."
                              ​​​​​​
                              If you have a problem with that, then the proper thing to do is go to City Hall/Chamber of Commerce and complain there. You shouldn't appoint yourself as the official rule changer, regardless of what your sources of info are.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post
                                Except it doesn't matter what the CDC says. It's Disney's rules, and they say:

"face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings."
                                ​​​​​​
                                If you have a problem with that, then the proper thing to do is go to City Hall/Chamber of Commerce and complain there. You shouldn't appoint yourself as the official rule changer, regardless of what your sources of info are.
                                If you had quoted that entire sentence, you would have reminded everyone that their policy says "At this time, based on guidance from health authorities,..." And not that you care, but I already sent a letter Pam Hymel (Disney's Chief Medical Officer) and received a response that they are evaluating their position given that it is scientifically inaccurate based on the study I provided and updated CDC guidelines.

I don't appreciate your condescension in thinking I appointed myself head of anything. But maybe you next time you can go to City Hall/Chamber of Commerce and complain about the 300 other CMs I interacted with who failed to enforce the Disney rules you only partially quoted. Or maybe complain about the 2 CMs who let me wear masks over my N99 valve mask, since their official policy is that it is not an acceptable face covering. Wouldn't that be the proper thing to do? Rather than appoint yourself official rule quoter of the Micechat forum?

Comment

I'm still around! Just much less frequently.
                                  ALEC-Good to see you..........
                                  Day by Day....and there more Life than Disney ,my Friend !

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Originally posted by Press_00 View Post

With all due respect, but why should we care about your feelings on the post?
                                    The sentiments expressed on this website are worth gold to Disney. There is value in this information. Sorry you cannot see it.

--
                                    http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                                      The sentiments expressed on this website are worth gold to Disney. There is value in this information. Sorry you cannot see it.
                                      To clarify, Press_00's post was a reply to Bearcats2's sarcastic shot at the OP:

Originally posted by Bearcats2
                                      With all due respect, but why do we care if you are lost?

Bearcats2 later edited his post to read as follows:

Originally posted by Bearcats2 View Post
                                      I am sorry for posting such a mean spirited post.
                                      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

• I am done. Disney can offer Halloween parties and Christmas parties at $165 for 5 hours but the Early Entry for Resort Hotel Guests has not returned with the same high prices....
                                        It is greed and total lack of respect for onsite guests!! It is disgraceful. I am done.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeCool View Post
                                          I am done. Disney can offer Halloween parties and Christmas parties at $165 for 5 hours but the Early Entry for Resort Hotel Guests has not returned with the same high prices....
                                          It is greed and total lack of respect for onsite guests!! It is disgraceful. I am done.
                                          There are many.....finding Disney Theme Parks ,being disgraceful
                                          But there always some one else ,taken there place in line......
                                          and Disney knows it.....
                                          That why they are on the road of greed !
                                          My self I still voting NO with my wallet .
                                          IMO
                                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X