Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage Shows

Has anyone heard when stage shows at the Fantasyland Theatre and the Hyperion Theatre will resume again?
    DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

I'd like to see MMM come back, but it was getting a little long in the tooth before things shut down (I always happened to witness set malfunctions).

I'm going to guess Frozen is not coming back to the Hyperion though. The show was a massive flop and the area is currently being repurposed for Pym dining overflow.

Comment

Chapek is not Big on entertainment
      and have cut back on entertainment dept.-layoffs-

I would not count on stage shows at the Fantasyland Theatre and the
      Hyperion Theatre for very long time!
      IMO
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I saw videos on Twitter that show them either completely tearing out the MMM set, or rebuilding it. There's suddenly more construction going on at the Fantasyland Theatre, which likely means it's either preparing for its return or being sunsetted.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
          I saw videos on Twitter that show them either completely tearing out the MMM set, or rebuilding it. There's suddenly more construction going on at the Fantasyland Theatre, which likely means it's either preparing for its return or being sunsetted.
          I have no Ideal , what going on ?
          But ,I would not be surprise it will nor longer be a Theatre.
          But A shopping /Dining area of some sort .......any case Interesting.......
          Last edited by Eagleman; 07-18-2021, 07:43 PM.
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I don't think they will be doing any live shows at the Fantasyland Theatre anytime soon. The only show I could see being done, is the Candlelight Processional being held in the Fantasyland Theater. I'm still surprised its' still held on Main Street.

Comment

The Rock just posted a video to his Twitter! The construction is for the premiere of Jungle Cruise on Saturday!

Comment

The Rock just posted a video to his Twitter! The construction is for the premiere of Jungle Cruise on Saturday!
                It's good to see that theatre being put to some use....

However, I'm still scarred by Tomorrowland theatre screening High School Musical the Musical previews for as long as it did.

Comment

The TLT is a prime real-estate and I often thought something less obstructive would be a better fit in that area. The M&MM show was good but after we saw it a second time it like the Frozen show at Hyperian seems more like something guests that only come once a year or less would see more than once and then you have the issue that guests visiting less frequently are less likely to spend so much time at a show. I think shows are kind of stuck in a paradox for a theme park.

I do think most of the shows DLR puts on are of high quality and enjoyable but a hard sell for all but those looking to sit for a spell when compared to there attractions. I also would not put it past chapek to require a "show pass" as an added uncharge for those wanting to watch the shows. He would also likely have this as a perk of the higher tier Affinity Program (AP).
                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

LOL
                    Well -Now we know......
                    Alec to the rescue.............
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                      I also would not put it past chapek to require a "show pass" as an added uncharge for those wanting to watch the shows. He would also likely have this as a perk of the higher tier Affinity Program (AP).
                      SHHHHHH!!

Nothing to see here! Any Disney executive should just randomly look away here! Think about the next...I dunno....the next Mickey Ears & Marvel collaboration! Yeah, I think they should make a Pizza Dog Edition of Mickey Ears...

Comment

I can tell you that the Frozen show may very well be in Yesterland. The Hyperion likely mothballed for awhile. When Disney shut down they quickly laid off lots of the tech crews and stage management teams. Most of them moved into the film industry in order to keep working. Disney has started to pull people back but they pay horribly compared to industry standard and also pull a lot of shenanigans in terms of shifts. They pulled together people for Fantasmic but filling other spots has been more difficult. Part of my life involves theatre and I work with a rather large one in Canada. All of the senior techs working with us or contracting with us were contacted or heard about positions, worse pay, inflexibility, poor hours, and a refusal to change.

My guess is it will take time to staff any stage shows, unless they get lucky and get a bunch of fans willing to work for the Mouse or people taking the job because they are allured by SoCal.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                          The TLT is a prime real-estate and I often thought something less obstructive would be a better fit in that area. The M&MM show was good but after we saw it a second time it like the Frozen show at Hyperian seems more like something guests that only come once a year or less would see more than once and then you have the issue that guests visiting less frequently are less likely to spend so much time at a show. I think shows are kind of stuck in a paradox for a theme park.

I do think most of the shows DLR puts on are of high quality and enjoyable but a hard sell for all but those looking to sit for a spell when compared to there attractions. I also would not put it past chapek to require a "show pass" as an added uncharge for those wanting to watch the shows. He would also likely have this as a perk of the higher tier Affinity Program (AP).
                          I agree that the clientele in DLR is harder to sell a show to than WDW with there being more locals, and the smaller shows in Fantasyland were always more hit and miss. The Hyperion, however, played to almost full houses throughout the year, so there was obviously a strong draw there.

Comment

Literally Im tired of the Rock being in every production he can take :P Literally his production company did that Behind the Attraction which he produced, ugh if utter garbage. Then I was watching the Prime Time olympics and bam he did a introduction for Team USA, Please I hope Chapek doesn't add him to the attraction.

Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post

Literally Im tired of the Rock being in every production he can take :P Literally his production company did that Behind the Attraction which he produced, ugh if utter garbage. Then I was watching the Prime Time olympics and bam he did a introduction for Team USA, Please I hope Chapek doesn't add him to the attraction.
                              I would hate the concept of ROCK being added to the attraction.
                              BUT - I would not put it pass Chapek....for Advertisement !
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X