Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jungle Cruise Film Premiere - Operational Impacts

We're preparing to make our first visit back to Disneyland on July 24th... which we've just learned is hosting the Jungle Cruise movie premiere that day. The official blog post references "operational impacts" and links to the Disneyland website, but there appears to not be any additional information available. I have to say, it's a bit frustrating that we're less than a week out and there are apparently no concrete details on how the park will be impacted for regular guests. I understand there'll need to be adjustments and accommodations, but you would have no idea this was happening just by glancing at the park schedule and hours.

Does anyone have any idea what we should expect? We have no interest in seeing the red carpet or anything along those lines. Should we attempt to reschedule?

From what I've heard, the Tiki Room and Tropical Hideaway will be closed all day, and Jungle Cruise will close around 4. And there won't be fireworks, only projections. So if you're okay with missing out on Tiki Room and riding Jungle Cruise early in the day, I say go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by _Bluebird View Post
      From what I've heard, the Tiki Room and Tropical Hideaway will be closed all day, and Jungle Cruise will close around 4. And there won't be fireworks, only projections. So if you're okay with missing out on Tiki Room and riding Jungle Cruise early in the day, I say go for it.
      This is very helpful, thank you. Not a huge fireworks fan so no major loss there, and we can see Tiki Room on a future visit. Have you happened to hear about any park-wide/sector closures to accommodate the Main Street red carpet? I imagine they'll use the overflow walkways for guest circulation, but would hate to find out that all of, say, Tomorrowland and east Fantasyland is shut down from 4pm onward.

Comment

I have the same issue. I have done a lot of research.
        Tiki room and Tropical Hideaway closed all day.
        Jungle Cruise closes at 4pm if I recall.
        Casey Jr and storybook boats close early
        DLRR will close early
        No fireworks. Only projections
        IASW outside soundtrack will be muted.
        West side of park will hardclose and cleared by security at 10pm sharp.
        It is speculated the red carpet will be in the area leading up to fantasyland theater where the film will be shown. But if I recall other premieres have red carpet down MS.

Watch this video. Good info on the Premiere starts at around 1:10:20

https://youtu.be/sUC-Nehxnbg

Comment

Oh yeah. What really sucks is it IU s going to be a 3 day press event. 24.25.26. I booked our trip 2 months ago. Bad luck I guess

Comment

It sounds like red carpet is at 4pm. And they will ride JC and reception at Tropical Hideaway. Then film at 8pm at fantasyland theater.

I plan to be in critter country and SWGE during that chaos. Hopefully I get a ROTR boarding group at 4pm exactly!

Comment

IMO
              Jungle Cruise Film Premiere

It does not sound like , that be a good day at Disneyland on July 24th
              It going be a Mess.......IMO

I sure the parking going be a mess too

* I glad , I'm not going be in the area !
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Eagleman. I agree but not much I can do about it now. We're Coming in from out of town. It will be a logistical nightmare for Me switch all our themepark reservations around. I'm dreading it but we'll make the most of it. Trying to be positive.

Comment

This seems like a bad last minute decision for TDA to hold the premiere. At least DL closed the park for the Pirates series premires. Now they are going to wind up with a long line of angry visitors for Public Relations. Sigh...

Better question, how are the movie guests going to be ushered to the premiere from Adventureland? Train? Or backstage golf cart ride?

Overall (if possible), visiting DCA on the 24th might be more enjoyable than visiting DL.

Comment

God...the movie clips I have seen look god awful!!! What is it the Mummy

Comment

I can't even fathom the pain my back and behind would experience sitting on those metal bleachers at the FLT for the entirety of a full length movie.
                      Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Welcome to the modern day DLR where management cares lil about ticking off guests because "hey they weren't going to be coming back for a year or two anyway." It's hard to gauge success or failure when the customer base cycles out annually. Pre-covid they could see the response to adjustments in real time with frequent visitors being half the guest population the impact was instant.
                        Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Stephenecs View Post
                          Eagleman. I agree but not much I can do about it now. We're Coming in from out of town. It will be a logistical nightmare for Me switch all our themepark reservations around. I'm dreading it but we'll make the most of it. Trying to be positive.
                          For You and Family Sorry
                          I understand,
                          Try be on the positive side - I wish you all the Best.......
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

So how were the parks last night?

Comment

Just got back to hotel. DL wasn't bad. Rope drop to close no breaks. Avoided all the Hollywood hoopala. Crowded but standby and single rider was very manageable. With strategy and compromise we never waited more than 30 minutes. Son got us ROTR boarding group 3. Tired. DCA tomorrow. Hopefully rope drop

Go sleep now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephenecs View Post
                                Just got back to hotel. DL wasn't bad. Rope drop to close no breaks. Avoided all the Hollywood hoopala. Crowded but standby and single rider was very manageable. With strategy and compromise we never waited more than 30 minutes. Son got us ROTR boarding group 3. Tired. DCA tomorrow. Hopefully rope drop

Go sleep now.
                                You got lucky by getting the 3rd boarding group!
                                I think I got Group 83, during my March 2020 Shutdown eve trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                                  Welcome to the modern day DLR where management cares lil about ticking off guests because "hey they weren't going to be coming back for a year or two anyway." It's hard to gauge success or failure when the customer base cycles out annually. Pre-covid they could see the response to adjustments in real time with frequent visitors being half the guest population the impact was instant.
                                  Yes, frequent visitors helped keep management in check for a time and helped right the ship.

Let's just hope that the movie doesn't inspire "movie" changes to Jungle Cruise. Rides that are so loved, immersive, and world building that they inspire movies should be the goal, not the other way around.

Stephenecs Glad you enjoyed your trip and got in a good visit.

BigThunda I can't imagine it would be comfortable. They do have cushioning in the VIP section so for those select few, it will be less punishing. Regardless, you are right, not a comfortable long term seat.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post
                                    I can't even fathom the pain my back and behind would experience sitting on those metal bleachers at the FLT for the entirety of a full length movie.
                                    I was thinking the same.........
                                    Now
                                    I'm at that age ......with full length movie - I rather watch it at home .....on DVD
                                    with my cheap pop corn and soda
                                    and go to the bath room when I want/need to
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X