Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Space Mountain

I've checked on the official Disneyland website and it doesn't list Hyperspace Mountain or Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy on the list of attractions. So for the time being at least, all we're getting is regular Space Mountain. I have no problem with that.

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
    I've checked on the official Disneyland website and it doesn't list Hyperspace Mountain or Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy on the list of attractions. So for the time being at least, all we're getting is regular Space Mountain. I have no problem with that.
    I do not neither
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

A December tie-in layover is still a possibility, as the Book of Boba Fett is going to premiere by Christmas. Granted, they would have to change the story for Hyperspace.

Comment

First class please , for me - ****Space Mountain****
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I do not neither
          It's bad enough enough to have the Haunted Mansion shut down in August for the rest of the year because of Haunted Mansion, but have Space Mountain shut down for a long while because of Hyperspace Mountain is too much.

Comment

It's bad enough enough to have the Haunted Mansion shut down in August for the rest of the year because of Haunted Mansion, but have Space Mountain shut down for a long while because of Hyperspace Mountain is too much.
            Overlay has gotten to mush Overtime imo
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Overlay has gotten to mush Overtime imo
              On the bright side of things, we have a good reason to listen to Christmas music on September 3rd because Disneyland is Celebrating Christmas with Haunted Mansion Holiday.

Comment

On the bright side of things, we have a good reason to listen to Christmas music on September 3rd because Disneyland is Celebrating Christmas with Haunted Mansion Holiday.
                Laughing........Christmas getting longer longer.......mostly because of store shopping........
                By time Christmas comes sadly I glad it over
                and I don't really hear Christmas music the way, it use to be in the old days.

My Friend
                Don't get me wrong -- I think/Celebrate --Christmas in other special ways--
                "But that me" .....
                Last edited by Eagleman; 07-23-2021, 07:08 PM.
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I have to listen to Christmas music pretty much all year round in the last few years to ease the pain in our lives. For the record, Nightmare Before Christmas is a Christmas movie; hence Haunted Mansion Holiday is more of a Christmas overlay.

Comment

I believe the Space Mountain overlays installed/removed in a day.
                    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post

I believe the Space Mountain overlays installed/removed in a day.
                      On the Disneyland attractions page on the official website, both overlays for Space Mountain are not listed as open, unavailable, or closed. Plus there has been no announcement on the return of either one. Looks like Hyperspace Mountain and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy have gone off to Yesterland.

Comment

As a Star Wars fan, Hyperspace Mountain got old fast for me. It was a fun little overlay, but I don't think it should be brought back unless it's for a special Star Wars promotion or something like that, and definitely not longer than a couple weeks/1 month tops. I believe it was running when the closure happened last March, but glad they brought back the classic. Still a much better ride than Incredicoaster in my book.

But yes, all the projectors and effects are installed, with only a flip of a switch needed to switch the show elements on and regular Space Mountain effects off. The same goes for the change between Soarin'/Soarin' Over California.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                          The same goes for the change between Soarin'/Soarin' Over California.
                          Strictly speaking, not true: The smellovision crystal trays need to be completely replaced and because Soarin' is two minutes shorter than Soarin' Over California, the Fastpass capacity calculations are recalibrated.

Comment

Originally posted by vnormth View Post

Strictly speaking, not true: The smellovision crystal trays need to be completely replaced and because Soarin' is two minutes shorter than Soarin' Over California, the Fastpass capacity calculations are recalibrated.
                            Did not know this! Was only familiar with the changing out of the video after they made the switch to digital.

Comment

I just know
                              I Enjoy Soarin Over California......
                              Make me feel like ,I'm Soaring like a "EAGLE"

PS: love the ending it's like Magic - it one of Disney Best
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                                But yes, all the projectors and effects are installed, with only a flip of a switch needed to switch the show elements on and regular Space Mountain effects off. The same goes for the change between Soarin'/Soarin' Over California.
                                It would be fun April Fools Day Pank by Disney to switch it Halloween for 1 day unannounced.

Hyperspace holds my personal record for longest wait in line, at nearly 2 hours!

Comment

I found HyperSpace ok if it came out rarely I am ok with that. Ghost Galaxy though I felt cheapened the ride. I still prefer just stars and darkness over all the projections interactions. Fortunately like somebody mentioned it takes but a day or two to swap out the SM overlays.
                                  Last edited by Starcade; 07-26-2021, 02:43 PM.
                                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

I'm still a -Space Mountain - Fan
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I'm still a -Space Mountain - Fan
                                      Me too, Eagleman. Only 12 more days until my trip!

Comment

Originally posted by VintageMouse View Post

Me too, Eagleman. Only 12 more days until my trip!
                                        Hey-good to see you my FRIEND-hope it a good trip !
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X