Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken Potrock - "The days of us packing so many people into this park are over"

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

    I'd be happy to pay $100+ to visit Walt Disney's playground, but alas, it does not exist anymore, except in our memories.

    - CM's who are loved and respected by their employer
    - Unique food and beverage offerings of high quality
    - Live music, performers, and entertainment around every corner
    - Spotless and flawless park management where lights are replaced before they ever burn out and paint refreshed before it ever shows a flaw
    - Rides so creative and inspiring that they spawn their own franchises rather than the other way around
    - World class amenities second to none
    - A tireless dedication to innovation and excellence by management

    Yes, Walt's Playground, I miss it, I wish I could visit it in real life, but it doesn't exist anymore. DLR has become Chapek's IP carnival and trinket bazaar.

    Thankful ....to see Disneyland in my time zone.....
    to me it was MAGIC
    I Agree my Friend
    All in my memories........

    But 3 "Walt Disney's" show case's
    * Walt Disney picture's (Movie's)
    * Watching Uncle "Walt" on Sunday Night on TV
    * and going to Walt Disney "Magic Kingdom" Disneyland

    Side Note........Like wise I don't get trill over over
    Chapek's Advertisement - Target -Sales-Management
    IMO
    Last edited by Eagleman; 07-25-2021, 08:28 PM.
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by Eagleman View Post


      Thankful ....to see Disneyland in my time zone.....
      to me it was MAGIC
      I Agree my Friend
      All in my memories........

      But 3 "Walt Disney's" show case's
      * Walt Disney picture's (Movie's)
      * Watching Uncle "Walt" on Sunday Night on TV
      * and going to Walt Disney "Magic Kingdom" Disneyland

      Side Note........Like wise I don't get trill over over
      Chapek's Advertisement - Target -Sales-Management
      IMO
      Yes my friend, you've said for sometime, so wisely that "there is more to life than Disney". While we love the place, our memories, its current state is sad. We hope it will change, but they can't take that happy place from us that lives in our hearts.

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by vnormth View Post

        It's a deal: Meet me here at 2022 year-end: If average daily attendance is more than 15% less than it was in 2019 than I'll buy whatever desert and swamp you own. Otherwise you'll owe us all a very public "D'OH! I'M WRONG YET AGAIN" on this forum.
        The problem with this is by the year end year 2022 there will be an Affinity Program (AP) which will keep the crowds at high capacity. chapek sent up his trial balloon ( CA 3 Day passes ) with a very long activity window to test what would happen if he brought back a AP program. His test past and the parks went from crowds dwindling in the Summer busy season to now growing back to beyond the previous AP levels of crowd comfort.
        Last edited by Starcade; 07-27-2021, 08:07 AM.
        Disneyland Fan since the 70's

        Comment


        • #44
          I couldn’t help but laugh at the latest MC update’s caption in this context.


          https://www.micechat.com/297165-disn...gle-out-there/

          Ahhh the dream of visiting a non-packed Disneyland resort now that Disney finally revoked APs to resolve the crowd issues.

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
            I couldn’t help but laugh at the latest MC update’s caption in this context.


            https://www.micechat.com/297165-disn...gle-out-there/

            Ahhh the dream of visiting a non-packed Disneyland resort now that Disney finally revoked APs to resolve the crowd issues.
            Yeah, those 3 day discount packs are really going fast. They would be better off sticking with something like that than bringing back the old APs. They have to be much happier seeing crowds packing the park @ $85/day than $10-$30/day.
            "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post

              Yeah, those 3 day discount packs are really going fast. They would be better off sticking with something like that than bringing back the old APs. They have to be much happier seeing crowds packing the park @ $85/day than $10-$30/day.
              Oh I agree, but we are moving goal posts now. Disneyland was supposed to make more money with less people with the removal of the AP program. Us “cynical” chatters said Disney still wants to pack them and that is just what they are doing by offering discounts.

              The AP program (as it was) may be gone, but when the chips fall as we move forward, whatever new membership they have, it’s sole purpose will be to fill the parks. To the anti-AP chatter on this board, a more costly entry per visit may make them feel better as they are crowded waiting in a “VQ” for their lunch. However, to the average guest, it’s just crowded.

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
                I couldn’t help but laugh at the latest MC update’s caption in this context.


                https://www.micechat.com/297165-disn...gle-out-there/

                Ahhh the dream of visiting a non-packed Disneyland resort now that Disney finally revoked APs to resolve the crowd issues.
                Lol, Disney going full Willy Wonka on us.

                https://youtu.be/fpK36FZmTFY?t=34

                Us: "We bought tickets because you said you wanted to improve the guest experience --"
                Disney: "WRONG SIR! WRONG! Under section 37B of the contract signed by you when purchasing Tier 5 tickets, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum". It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal. You bought Disneyland Park Hopper Tickets. You ignored the trip reports on Reddit, so you get nothing. You lose. Good day sir!"


                Comment


                • #48




                  "The days of us packing so many people into this park are over."
                  - Ken Potrock




                  Um, Kennnnnn....?


                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland-Crowds-New-Orleans-Square-5-micechat.jpg?w=1440&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	8643195


                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DCA-Crowds-Pixar-Pier-micechat.jpg?w=1440&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	8643196

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DCA-Crowds-Emotional-Whirlwind-2-micechat.jpg?w=1440&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	8643197

                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

                  - Walt Disney

                  "Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

                  "It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    I tend to doodle from time to time and this was my last one, I call it Greed Mountain...
                    Attached Files
                    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                      I tend to doodle from time to time and this was my last one, I call it Greed Mountain...
                      Sorry to say.....You have the real Today "MICKEY" !

                      I Still love" Walt " friend Mickey............................ Not Chapek's "wall street MICKEY
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

                        "The days of us packing so many people into this park are over."
                        - Ken Potrock




                        Um, Kennnnnn....?
                        To be fair, the original source stated they (allegedly) asked Potrock about the crowds, and they (allegedly) got that response. In other words, the statement is technically hearsay. We don't have any tangible proof that Potrock actually said that. Compare this with a certain CEO who actually bragged about Disney's IPs on camera.

                        So another word, it's a score for legal semantics!

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post

                          Yeah, those 3 day discount packs are really going fast. They would be better off sticking with something like that than bringing back the old APs. They have to be much happier seeing crowds packing the park @ $85/day than $10-$30/day.
                          Your Right.......and you can bet Disney have more discount packs and special events ," In there bag of Tricks"
                          than bringing back the old APs you can count on it !
                          IMO
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

                          Comment


                          • #53
                            I'm surprised folks here think Ken is delusional, as I thought we were pretty much all in agreement they are going to attempt to raise revenue by lowering operational costs while significantly raising prices.

                            Comment


                            • #54
                              Originally posted by J. Thaddeus Toad View Post
                              I'm surprised folks here think Ken is delusional, as I thought we were pretty much all in agreement they are going to attempt to raise revenue by lowering operational costs while significantly raising prices.
                              I think the delusional part is they think that plan will work beyond the short term without creating an even bigger issue once the surge ends.



                              Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                              Comment


                              • #55
                                Originally posted by starcade View Post

                                i think the delusional part is they think that plan will work beyond the short term without creating an even bigger issue once the surge ends.
                                i agree.......
                                Last edited by Eagleman; 07-27-2021, 04:16 PM.
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  Ken must not have been at Disneyland yesterday. Crazy packed. Like as busy as I've seen, save New Year's eve

                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    Originally posted by Stephenecs View Post
                                    Ken must not have been at Disneyland yesterday. Crazy packed. Like as busy as I've seen, save New Year's eve
                                    Crazy packed with people getting short changed and overcharged sadly.
                                    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

                                    Comment


                                    • #58
                                      Originally posted by Starcade View Post

                                      Crazy packed with people getting short changed and overcharged sadly.
                                      ((()))how short and overcharged ,can you GO..........
                                      Also do a lot of walking !_______________!
                                      Last edited by Eagleman; 07-28-2021, 05:38 PM.
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                      Comment


                                      • #59
                                        Sadly our experience with cast inside the parks was hugely hit and miss. Some great. Some wondering why did it take 20 minutes to get a water from angry dogs with one party in front of us.

                                        But there is lots of training going on. Just about every attraction we experienced had teams of 4 to 6 cast being trained with training binders in hand.

                                        Staffing issues have got to be resolved Soon or no one will enjoy the parks at any price

                                        Comment


                                        • #60
                                          Originally posted by Stephenecs View Post
                                          Sadly our experience with cast inside the parks was hugely hit and miss. Some great. Some wondering why did it take 20 minutes to get a water from angry dogs with one party in front of us.

                                          But there is lots of training going on. Just about every attraction we experienced had teams of 4 to 6 cast being trained with training binders in hand.

                                          Staffing issues have got to be resolved Soon or no one will enjoy the parks at any price
                                          From what I've heard there's a lot of turnovers happening at the moment... and a lot of college students that are going to be hit with Disney's weird scheduling culture (or lack of).

                                          I hope it all stabilizes soon.

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X