X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starcade
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Obviously, you've been exposed to the rumors that Disney doesn't give a ratón's rear about their customers. That all Disney cares about is their bottom line. That Disney's PR prattle about "Guest satisfaction" is as wet as a churro floating in a porcelain bowl. You shouldn't believe it! Those are vicious rumors, started by disgruntled Jungle Cruise skippers who were fired for their off-color "backside of water" jokes and later became orca trainers at Sea World.

Click image for larger version Name:	87504783_10157651006860399_6040373191128383488_o-870x653.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.4 KB ID:	8643346
    Pictures like this are why do not and will not go to Sea World

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by BigThunda View Post

Probably 90% APH's that just popped in for an hour or two to get the latest popcorn buckets. Oh wait....
    Those popcorn buckets don't make good trash can

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
    Sort of a waste of a full park if people can't even get water or Dole Whip on a whim while waiting around... yet why do I expect doubling-down on reservations and preorders despite leaving money on the table?
    Obviously, you've been exposed to the rumors that Disney doesn't give a ratón's rear about their customers. That all Disney cares about is their bottom line. That Disney's PR prattle about "Guest satisfaction" is as wet as a churro floating in a porcelain bowl. You shouldn't believe it! Those are vicious rumors, started by disgruntled Jungle Cruise skippers who were fired for their off-color "backside of water" jokes and later became orca trainers at Sea World.

Click image for larger version  Name:	87504783_10157651006860399_6040373191128383488_o-870x653.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.4 KB ID:	8643346

Leave a comment:

• merlinjones
    replied
    Sort of a waste of a full park if people can't even get water or Dole Whip on a whim while waiting around... yet why do I expect doubling-down on reservations and preorders despite leaving money on the table?

Leave a comment:

• BigThunda
    replied

"The days of us packing so many people into this park are over."
    - Ken Potrock

Um, Kennnnnn....?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland-Crowds-New-Orleans-Square-5-micechat.jpg?w=1440&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	8643195

Name:	DCA-Crowds-Pixar-Pier-micechat.jpg?w=1440&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	8643196

Name:	DCA-Crowds-Emotional-Whirlwind-2-micechat.jpg?w=1440&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	8643197
    Probably 90% APH's that just popped in for an hour or two to get the latest popcorn buckets. Oh wait....

Leave a comment:

• Captain Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephenecs View Post
    Sadly our experience with cast inside the parks was hugely hit and miss. Some great. Some wondering why did it take 20 minutes to get a water from angry dogs with one party in front of us.

But there is lots of training going on. Just about every attraction we experienced had teams of 4 to 6 cast being trained with training binders in hand.

Staffing issues have got to be resolved Soon or no one will enjoy the parks at any price
    From what I've heard there's a lot of turnovers happening at the moment... and a lot of college students that are going to be hit with Disney's weird scheduling culture (or lack of).

I hope it all stabilizes soon.

Leave a comment:

• Stephenecs
    replied
    Sadly our experience with cast inside the parks was hugely hit and miss. Some great. Some wondering why did it take 20 minutes to get a water from angry dogs with one party in front of us.

But there is lots of training going on. Just about every attraction we experienced had teams of 4 to 6 cast being trained with training binders in hand.

Staffing issues have got to be resolved Soon or no one will enjoy the parks at any price

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Starcade View Post

Crazy packed with people getting short changed and overcharged sadly.
    ((()))how short and overcharged ,can you GO..........
    Also do a lot of walking !_______________!
    Last edited by Eagleman; 07-28-2021, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephenecs View Post
    Ken must not have been at Disneyland yesterday. Crazy packed. Like as busy as I've seen, save New Year's eve
    Crazy packed with people getting short changed and overcharged sadly.

Leave a comment:

• Stephenecs
    replied
    Ken must not have been at Disneyland yesterday. Crazy packed. Like as busy as I've seen, save New Year's eve

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by starcade View Post

i think the delusional part is they think that plan will work beyond the short term without creating an even bigger issue once the surge ends.
    i agree.......
    Last edited by Eagleman; 07-27-2021, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    Originally posted by J. Thaddeus Toad View Post
    I'm surprised folks here think Ken is delusional, as I thought we were pretty much all in agreement they are going to attempt to raise revenue by lowering operational costs while significantly raising prices.
    I think the delusional part is they think that plan will work beyond the short term without creating an even bigger issue once the surge ends.

Leave a comment:

• J. Thaddeus Toad
    replied
    I'm surprised folks here think Ken is delusional, as I thought we were pretty much all in agreement they are going to attempt to raise revenue by lowering operational costs while significantly raising prices.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post

Yeah, those 3 day discount packs are really going fast. They would be better off sticking with something like that than bringing back the old APs. They have to be much happier seeing crowds packing the park @ $85/day than $10-$30/day.
    Your Right.......and you can bet Disney have more discount packs and special events ," In there bag of Tricks"
    than bringing back the old APs you can count on it !
    IMO

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied

- Ken Potrock

Um, Kennnnnn....?
    To be fair, the original source stated they (allegedly) asked Potrock about the crowds, and they (allegedly) got that response. In other words, the statement is technically hearsay. We don't have any tangible proof that Potrock actually said that. Compare this with a certain CEO who actually bragged about Disney's IPs on camera.

So another word, it's a score for legal semantics!

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Starcade View Post
    I tend to doodle from time to time and this was my last one, I call it Greed Mountain...
    Sorry to say.....You have the real Today "MICKEY" !

I Still love" Walt " friend Mickey............................ Not Chapek's "wall street MICKEY

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    I tend to doodle from time to time and this was my last one, I call it Greed Mountain...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied

- Ken Potrock

Um, Kennnnnn....?

Name:	Disneyland-Crowds-New-Orleans-Square-5-micechat.jpg?w=1440&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	268.1 KB
ID:	8643195

Name:	DCA-Crowds-Pixar-Pier-micechat.jpg?w=1440&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	8643196

Name:	DCA-Crowds-Emotional-Whirlwind-2-micechat.jpg?w=1440&ssl=1.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	8643197

Leave a comment:

• Captain Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
    I couldn’t help but laugh at the latest MC update’s caption in this context.

https://www.micechat.com/297165-disn...gle-out-there/

Ahhh the dream of visiting a non-packed Disneyland resort now that Disney finally revoked APs to resolve the crowd issues.
    Lol, Disney going full Willy Wonka on us.

https://youtu.be/fpK36FZmTFY?t=34

Us: "We bought tickets because you said you wanted to improve the guest experience --"
    Disney: "WRONG SIR! WRONG! Under section 37B of the contract signed by you when purchasing Tier 5 tickets, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum". It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal. You bought Disneyland Park Hopper Tickets. You ignored the trip reports on Reddit, so you get nothing. You lose. Good day sir!"

Leave a comment:

• Jesser-pie
    replied
    Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post

Yeah, those 3 day discount packs are really going fast. They would be better off sticking with something like that than bringing back the old APs. They have to be much happier seeing crowds packing the park @ $85/day than $10-$30/day.
    Oh I agree, but we are moving goal posts now. Disneyland was supposed to make more money with less people with the removal of the AP program. Us “cynical” chatters said Disney still wants to pack them and that is just what they are doing by offering discounts.

The AP program (as it was) may be gone, but when the chips fall as we move forward, whatever new membership they have, it’s sole purpose will be to fill the parks. To the anti-AP chatter on this board, a more costly entry per visit may make them feel better as they are crowded waiting in a “VQ” for their lunch. However, to the average guest, it’s just crowded.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X