Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Boysen Apple Freeze !!!

Just came back from a 3 day trip for the first time in 3 and a half years... my god i have withdrawals already but I'm wondering if anyone knows a copycat recipe? I never thought something would dethrone Dole Whip as my favourite frozen treat from Disney.

Originally posted by mpvandew94 View Post
    Just came back from a 3 day trip for the first time in 3 and a half years... my god i have withdrawals already but I'm wondering if anyone knows a copycat recipe? I never thought something would dethrone Dole Whip as my favourite frozen treat from Disney.
    Now I'm anxious to try one. I usually don't walk over to that area, and I didn't even know this treat existed.

Comment

The Boysen Apple Freeze is one of my favorite park treats (as well as the frozen yogurt swirl at Clarabelle's in Toon Town}. I will be eagerly checking in on this post to see if anyone has a good copycat recipe.

Comment

I would like Banana and Strawberry "Whip"
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Disney's recipe is "frozen apple juice with a hint of boysenberry topped with passion fruit foam". I've seen someone on Pinterest say they tried mixing apple juice with club soda, and then added a drizzle of boysenberry syrup. I've never had this drink personally, so I have no idea if this recipe is any good.

Despite having had multiple annual passes, I've somehow never heard of this food cart! Thank you for putting this drink on my radar, I'll be sure to try it when I go next week.

(Now that I think about it, it's kind of cool that Disney is selling boysenberry, a fruit that was first commercially cultivated at Knotts Berry Farm.)
          Brian the Pooh

Comment

I'm going back in march. That cart better be ready to know me by first name basis at the end of the week ;P

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
              Disney's recipe is "frozen apple juice with a hint of boysenberry topped with passion fruit foam". I've seen someone on Pinterest say they tried mixing apple juice with club soda, and then added a drizzle of boysenberry syrup. I've never had this drink personally, so I have no idea if this recipe is any good.

Despite having had multiple annual passes, I've somehow never heard of this food cart! Thank you for putting this drink on my radar, I'll be sure to try it when I go next week.

(Now that I think about it, it's kind of cool that Disney is selling boysenberry, a fruit that was first commercially cultivated at Knotts Berry Farm.)
              much obliged! I found a close enough copycat recipe myself, but much like ever-sought after Haunted Mansion scent, nothing quite makes the mark 100 percent. but decent enough to get by

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
                boysen-apple-freeze
                LOL-Your Right ........

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X