Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could we ever one day see a Disney Resort in Texas many decades from now?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we ever one day see a Disney Resort in Texas many decades from now?

I always wondered if Disney would ever explore on building a third resort destination property here in the US would they look to the Lone Star State to build a third Walt Disney Resort I think with Texas being so big and being the second largest state in the country could this be possible I understand Texas has a lot of money to do this also if you would pick out of the four Texas cities which would be best to build a third Disney resort Austin? Dallas? Houston? San Antonio?

I’d say it’s unlikely since third US resort would likely just take away customers from Disneyland and especially Disney World.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Geeeeeee
      Decades from now
      Who really Knows....... ?
      imo

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I don’t think it is too far fetched sometime likely in the 2030’s if current trends hold up.

I think it depends on a lot of different circumstances converging. If Texas projected population and economic growth trends continue to hold up while California continues to decline, it would make sense for Disney to shift those cap ex expenditures to a region that offers greater financial upside and to follow the money, especially in a area of Texas with more families and excess income.

I doubt I’ll see another domestic magic kingdom style US Disney resort built in my lifetime, but it there was a remote chance it happens, I bet it would be somewhere in
        Texas.

Comment

Different rumors about a possible Disney theme park in Texas have kicked around for years -- some more plausible than others, and some a lot goofier.

Mystery land purchase points to new Texas-themed Disney park

Is Disney Building a New Theme Park in Texas?

Could Disneyland Texas Become a Reality?

What Happened to Disneyland Texas?

Rumor Debunked: Was Disneyland Planning to Move to Texas?

The Case for a New Disney Resort in Texas

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

YEP - I do re-call for years -the topic of Disney park/resort and TEXAS
            Who knows ?
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Mm, with the rough winters Texas is getting (and they have been getting worse), I don't see Disney pitching their tent in the state. Operations would have to close during the winter seasons.

I also think they missed their chance. A lot of available land is getting bought up for housing development. A couple of years ago, the outskirts of Dallas had SO MUCH land, but it has quickly morphed into a massive suburbia. I don't think there's much room in Austin. Houston is humid, and I hate it, so I wouldn't consider it.

ALSO they just announced that they are moving everything to Florida, which leads me to believe that things will be stagnant for quite a while.

Comment

I think it's a plausible idea, but it's not guaranteed thing. A park in Texas, would have a large market. It's also the home state of the original Six Flags (Six Flags Over Texas, near Dallas). It could appeal to potential customers in the Midwest of the US and Eastern Mexico/Gulf of Mexico.

Politics, residents, the state's climate, and (of course) the will of the CEO are other factors. Oddly, if we add an alternate contender into the mix, I would actually say Georgia. Even though its next to WDW, Disney has already held business in the state, with Georgia being the home of various Marvel Film & TV productions. And there is the added bonus of having Disney's Hilton Head DVC north of Georgia in South Carolina.

The last Disney Park to open was Shanghai Disneyland in 2016, and the last US Park to open was Disney California Adventure in 2001. Based on the time tables for those 2 parks, if announced today, a 3rd US resort could open by 2028 to 2031.

Comment

This should eventually happen, possibly in a location in-between & possibly to the north of Houston & San Antonio, maybe a third of the way to Dallas.

Disney should also build resorts with just one theme park north of Chicago and another somewhere in the NE.

Each of these three new American Disney resorts should have one castle-centered theme park & only that one theme park at each resort.
                  Disneyland in Anaheim wasn't joined by DCA for 46 years (in 2001) and did very well before that with just the one excellent park.

The Texas park should also have an outdoor water park, mostly for hotel guests, while the MW & NE resorts should be mostly indoors so they can be open year-round, possibly just for long weekends in November, January & February. Disneyland used to be closed for a couple weekdays each week in the winter.

At least one hotel at each resort should be themed to one of the theme park's lands. For example, a fancier (more victorian-American styled in parts--think Virginia City) version of Disneyland's Paris' beautifully themed Hotel Cheyenne could be adjacent to the park's Frontierland have it's own entrance into the park.

This is key: no McDisneys! That is, each new park should be so wonderful and so different from each other that many guests who visit one will want to visit the others. Tokyo Disney Sea and Disney's Animal Kingdom show that Disney Parks can be unique & still very popular.

While we're on the subject, Disney should also consider one-park resorts in South Korea -- A democracy with a population that loves theme parks,
                  outside of London--Obviously very different from the parks in Paris,
                  Germany -- Yes, also "close" to Paris, but in a country with 83 million people.
                  India if ...
                  Brazil if ...
                  Mexico if...

Each of these new Disney parks could have an entrance to a "World of Disney" attraction on one side of Main Street with an exit on the other side.
                  This ride would be an entertaining "If You Had Wings" (plussed, of course) promotion of other Disney resorts (especially WDW), the cruise line, & travel company. (Time shares don't exist in my fantasy future world.)

--Tom Sinsky
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 08-08-2021, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Houston reportedly has the best weather, but even there it snows, which was one of the big no-nos when Disney was considering a second US complex in the 1960s.

I think we will see another theme park at Walt Disney World Resort before one in another state. There is so much unused space there, and while I wouldn't mind it remaining a natural swamp (the alligators would like that), I also look forward to there being future developments in that region. And as Captain Andy pointed out, Disney is already doubling down on Florida.

While I would be happy for Texans if a Disney park did open there, to me having three Disney resorts in one country (all in the southern half at that) would cheapen the brand a bit. Maybe that's irrational, but I feel like a Disney park, which carries with it such a powerful identity, looses some of the mystique when it becomes common like a Six Flags park.

__

Fun fact: Speaking of Texas, the Six Flags parks are named after the six countries that have controlled Texas at some point; Spain (1519–1685; 1690–1821), France (1685–1690), Mexico (1821–1836), the Republic of Texas (1836–1845), the USA (1845–1861; 1865–present), and the Confederate States of America (1861–1865).
                    Brian the Pooh

Comment

I don’t foresee a park in Texas. It took many years to have a second park in CA but to only flopped in popularity initially.

WDW new park additions back then also show less attendance. Growth is in Asia market for new parks than the US market.

Comment

I get this is just all speculation but instead of a new resort I'd rather Disney put that money and effort into its existing US properties.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                          I get this is just all speculation but instead of a new resort I'd rather Disney put that money and effort into its existing US properties.
                          This I agree with........
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Yes, anything is possible.
                            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

In my opinion Disney will never build another park resort in the US.

But, if they did, Texas is really the only place that would make sense.

Actually, if you imagine that Walt Disney was born 50-60 years later, and was just getting around to building his first theme park today, there's almost no chance he'd do it in California. He'd settle in Texas or jump straight to Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by longbeachaztec View Post
                                In my opinion Disney will never build another park resort in the US.

But, if they did, Texas is really the only place that would make sense.

Actually, if you imagine that Walt Disney was born 50-60 years later, and was just getting around to building his first theme park today, there's almost no chance he'd do it in California. He'd settle in Texas or jump straight to Florida.
                                that's a weird butterfly effect to consider though.

If there's no Disneyland does Aniheim still grow like crazy? Do they even build Magic Mountain? That caused housing boom up there when Newhall was trying to replicate the Disneyland phenomenon for real estate.

While I'm aware that Walt wanted a families park there was also the inspiration of people expecting to go to see a magical place with Hollywoods image at the time. I think I'd go with Georgia if we're doing the time skip theory lol.

I'd probably agree California still becomes crowded but it's just such a curious idea on its face to think about how much the theme park industry and even the image of California itself shifts without Disney. Unless the desire for a tourist deal in California creates some sort of business none of us in this timeline can conceive of XD

As far as building another US park goes I can imagine it follows many different hard to see vectors. If money and demand still grows and stays focused maybe we will randomly get a CEO who performs another DCA or other style park that is forced to grow into a third park. Or maybe demographics do shift around in ways that justify a third resort in the middle of America.

As it stands I guess I'd be more curious of when the Chinese resorts gain second gates of their own. When I think of the resort least likely to gain a park I think WDW mainly because I don't think it would actually increase the length of stay.
                                "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Never say never but I really don’t think it will happen. Animal Kingdom did not bring the massive influx of crowds Disney hoped for, it instead just meant people would stay extra days and see another park, which is still a good thing. In this context though it shows that the tourist limit in America is sort of at its limit. A park in Texas probably means people closer to that park simply go there instead of Disneyland or WDW, as someone said I could see another gate in Florida where Land is less of an issue than in California. Less overall expenditure and you get the bump from people potentially extending their vacations.

Comment

Originally posted by linkeq2001 View Post
                                    Never say never but I really don’t think it will happen. Animal Kingdom did not bring the massive influx of crowds Disney hoped for, it instead just meant people would stay extra days and see another park, which is still a good thing. In this context though it shows that the tourist limit in America is sort of at its limit. A park in Texas probably means people closer to that park simply go there instead of Disneyland or WDW, as someone said I could see another gate in Florida where Land is less of an issue than in California. Less overall expenditure and you get the bump from people potentially extending their vacations.
                                    I agree. Year after year, every list of "most visited states" ranks Texas' domestic and foreign tourism numbers lower than California and Florida. With DLR and WDW available and established, it doesn't seem likely that Disney would build another theme park (much less a resort) midway between the two of them.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

I don't see A Disney theme park ever being built in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

It doesn't seem likely that Disney would build another theme park (much less a resort) midway between the two of them.
                                        It would not be, in the near future.........
                                        Disney having hard time ,taking care what they have !
                                        IMO

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X