• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Replacement AP program Notices Arrived

Hi everyone,

This just dropped this morning:
    Introducing the Magic Key program!
    As one of our biggest fans, we wanted to make sure you were the first to know about this NEW offering. We are thrilled about this coming announcement and we encourage you to stay tuned because all the details will be revealed tomorrow no earlier than 1 p.m. PST!

I feel like this is going to hit like a lead balloon, personally. I predict it’s Disney+ for monthly discounts. I predict great fanfare from corporate trying to spin this into a company win.

Do you think people are going to jump on this?

Posted in the speculation thread...

But it sounds like a loyalty program to me... something like Target's REDcard. Opt in and get 1% cash back on select purchases.

Comment

For what it's worth, the chatter I have talked about in other threads referred to the program by this name. I couldn't say anything because the information was supposed to be secret. My guess was also off by a week. I thought they would wait one more week to announce the program.

Comment

Originally posted by lemuth0922 View Post
        Posted in the speculation thread...

But it sounds like a loyalty program to me... something like Target's REDcard. Opt in and get 1% cash back on select purchases.
        If that is the case, count me out. As a previous premier passholder, I want to be able to go whenever I want as a subscription service. Why? Because I don't want to feel like I HAVE to put in a full day in the parks. These last few months have been exhausting. With me paying full price, I don't want to hop in for a ride and some dinner... I feel like I have to get the full value out of the ticket so I go the full day. It's actually burnt me out on Disneyland. (which is something I never thought I would ever say)

Comment

The chatter is now more specific, and I have not been asked not to share it since we are so close to the announcement. The program will be similar to the flex AP's but with more options.

It's still too early to post more details, and it's still too early to say that this is an actual AP. Also, don't count on unlimited access like before.

We just have to wait until 1 tomorrow. I have information, but until we get the final announcement I just can't say any more.

Comment

The fact that Flex survived is far better than what I ever thought would happen.

Now, if the Flex is more expensive? I might feel slightly on the "scammed" side, but again, I'll await the official news.

Thanks for the updates, PhotoMatt!
            Last edited by Captain Andy; 08-02-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

“If that is the case, count me out. As a previous premier passholder, I want to be able to go whenever I want as a subscription service. Why? Because I don't want to feel like I HAVE to put in a full day in the parks. These last few months have been exhausting. With me paying full price, I don't want to hop in for a ride and some dinner... I feel like I have to get the full value out of the ticket so I go the full day. It's actually burnt me out on Disneyland. (which is something I never thought I would ever say)”

Honestly, same. We did two sets of 2 day park hoppers over the last two months. While we spent a bit more than usual, we were burned out and have zero desire to go back. If we still had our passes we wouldn’t be thinking this way. We don’t mind patronizing the restaurants that are in Downtown Disney, and make sure to validate our parking every time we leave. It probably doesn’t make a difference in the long run, however, it’s what we can do to keep from feeling like we’re being nickeled and dimed.
              Our nearest Disney store permanently closes in two weeks and even though WoD at Downtown Disney is our local shop, no thank you. We will wait and see what they say tomorrow before making a final decision, but we’ve already found that we can do so much more and for a better quality experience than what we’ve been getting from Disney since it reopened. We don’t want a monthly membership if it’s like the Target card. We don’t sign up for that kind of clutter. Those programs ultimately get their notices sent to my junk box because they aren’t worth it.

Comment

Please let me say again, it's too early to call this an AP, even though I did say it's like the Flex AP. That is a direct quote from a third party that I relayed here. Now that I have more information I don't think people are going to be happy, but we just have to wait to see all the details.

They are giving info to media outlets tomorrow before the official announcement. Now that I know that I will stop posting until after 1 tomorrow.

Comment

Thank you, Matt. Your insight is always appreciated and we will have to see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

Gee cant wait to officially hear how much Disney plans on ripping us off for a scaled down version of the park and everything costs more....

Comment

Please continue the discussion this this thread - https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...am-speculation

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X