Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] What are your thoughts on Magic Key?

Magic Key (aka the new AP) is being announced today and rather then discuss it on the many speculation threads, I figured it would be good to get everyones reactions once we had the facts and Disney releases their new program. I will save my opinion on this until after they announce it as I am trying to stay optimistic.

After 1pm today please feel free to express your joy, excitement, anger and every emotion in between.
    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

If the leak is true, the pricing is WAY better than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by brerphysicist View Post
      If the leak is true, the pricing is WAY better than I expected.
      We'll know in about 40 min. (fingers crossed)
      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

I will reopen this thread after 1.

Comment

https://www.micechat.com/297956-brea...m-replacement/

Comment

Now we can comment.

Comment

No where half as bad as I thought...

Comment

Well we all overthought this! It’s normal APs, just with reservations. So much for new and innovative! It’s just a way for Disney to know how little staff they need each day while still getting the traffic of AP holders. Yay?

Comment

Originally posted by zugzug15 View Post
                  No where half as bad as I thought...
                  Same. But I don’t see how it changes anything either about overcrowding…unless I missed something?

Comment

I am.. actually OK with it, but I don’t love the idea of reservations. I had the flex pass most recently and didn’t love it because I wanted to “drop in” sometimes.

if Disney would consider removing the reservation requirement at some point — at least for the highest tier pass or two highest tiers — as capacity restrictions allow, of course — I’d be very satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandonius View Post
                      Well we all overthought this! It’s normal APs, just with reservations. So much for new and innovative! It’s just a way for Disney to know how little staff they need each day while still getting the traffic of AP holders. Yay?
                      This

It will be interesting to see if AP's and general admission will be taken from the same reservation pool. If so, this is a pretty solid deal.

Comment

At first glance, it's not great.

As a Flex AP (which is in the same price range as the Enchant Key), I feel like block-out dates were not as intense, and the price for it appears to have gone up. The Imagine Key (the cheapest option) is a tad ridiculous when it comes to the block-out calendar. Reservations are not guaranteed, of course, so that makes the pass in itself with how few days you get a gamble.

Maybe it would have been worth it had the parks been properly maintained and staffed during my visit, but I don't see the value in the price points any longer, or the number of visits.
                        Last edited by Captain Andy; 08-03-2021, 12:13 PM. Reason: Maybe I'll warm up to it, lol

Comment

Lol, not gonna lie, before I was clearly a Signature Plus guy, but the $399 Disney Imagine Key sure looks like a lot of value to me! Probably would get that one right now. Only 85 blocked out dates. Not bad.

Comment

Longtime lurker here…. I don’t think this pass program looks that bad. I was a Signature+ member and will be returning as a Dream key member.

Comment

The Imagine Key blockout calendar.

https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.dis...vKvXekLNUV8jHw

Comment

The Dream Key calendar. No blockout dates.

https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.dis...y-calendar.png

Comment

Believe Key calendar - https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.dis...y-calendar.png

Comment

Enchant Key calendar - https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.dis...y-calendar.png

Comment

The big question now is... When do I buy one? Right away? Wait till after whatever large surge occurs after they go on sale? Christmas gifts?

Comment

I’m dubious on Disney controlling the crowds even with reservations from my personal guest perspective (based on the current crowds), but pleased overall.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X