Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the definitive itinerary for one-day visit in current conditions?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the definitive itinerary for one-day visit in current conditions?

Thank you for answering!

Oooh, this is a good question. Dying to hear how people reply (Capn Andy?). If I could request/suggest, when people reply, tell us if your suggested itinerary is for with kids, first timers, avid fans, roller coaster lovers, etc? I especially would like to know suggestions on when mobile orders need to be placed, or a list of ANY carts where sustenance can be grabbed on-the-go during the itinerary. Even vending machines or strategic passes by Main Street lockers would be helpful!

Even if you think this is a hopeless cause, it could help record for posterity the conditions in the park and how they change throughout this unique history of disneyland! Imagine 20 years from now, us debating/trying to remember what restaurants/attractions opened when? When the DL Railroad closed at 2, was only open at 2 stations, you had to take a full round trip, etc. 20 years goes by fast and some of you will be surprised at how little you remember.

P.S. Love the Jetsons! That is the design sensibility that Tomorrowland needs.

Comment

Alright, here I go!

The biggest caveat: some things might be subject to change based on reservations and virtual queues. The biggest recommendation I might have is to be flexible and be prepared to power walk when duty calls.

1) In the morning before arriving at the park, try to roughly place your mobile orders out. If you really want a dole whip, I would plan it around the afternoon when the heat kicks in. If you want a meal in Batuu, place an order where pick-up is around lunchtime. Just try to figure out when your stomach likes to react, and plan according to that. You can receive alerts for dining reservations at mousedining.com.
      2) Arrive at the park around 7:30AM at the latest. Parking and walking take about 30 minutes if you move at a good pace. You can go one of two ways –– allow yourself to settle for breakfast at Downtown Disney at rope drop, or power through rope drop in the parks. I've gone both ways on many occasions, but always prefer post-rope drop because it really takes some pressure off your shoulders and allows you some time to wake up and sip your coffee!
      3) Disneyland is the best park to start with, and I always plan my trips (whether solo or with some company) by the following: start at Tomorrowland, and work your way west. This will make Space Mountain your first attraction, and Matterhorn possibly your second if you're a thrill-seeker like I am.
      4) Lines will go faster than you expect, especially without FastPass.
      5) Embrace single rider lines when you need them. If a line goes over the 60-minute wait and you are a party of two, it's time to have a conversation with your partner in crime and tell them that sometimes, it's best to experience things apart. This tends to become an issue with Radiator Springs Racers and honestly nothing else.
      5) In an ideal world, you will have gone through Frontierland, New Orleans Square, and Galaxy's Edge by 1PM (like I did!) Depending on your party, you might want to prioritize Fanasyland rides over Smuggler's Run or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Totally fine. It depends on your taste and if you have children.
      6) Lines for Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Splash Mountain move really fast. Smuggler's Run and Haunted Mansion do not. Choose your poisons.
      6) Once you tackle the west side of the park, I would recommend park hopping to DCA to tackle as many rides as you can (starting with Avenger's Campus. It was quite empty around 3PM if you need a point of reference).
      7) This is where the single rider line becomes a great tool. Parts of the park will feel crowded, but you can get around some tough spots by feeling out some rides when it comes to regular queue vs. single rider queue. Use at your discretion, but know the Incredicoaster and Space Mountain single rider lines go really slow.
      8) If you have moments of frustration, take a seat where you see a bench or curb and breathe it out, or embrace broken rides with open arms. If a ride breaks down while you're in the queue, it's okay to breathe, apply sunscreen, or even take a nap.
      9) If you want to avoid a pre-firework frenzy, leave at 7PM. It was such a breeze leaving at this point! Mickey's Mix Magic is not that cool anyway, but for those who haven't experienced it, I won't give you any flack for being curious. And if you DO want to watch, I recommend viewing at It's a Small World to avoid claustrophobia.
      10) At any point you feel yourself crashing, grab a coffee. Doesn't matter how long it takes –– fuel your soul. There's a Starbucks at DCA and Disneyland.

I hope this helps. I'm happy to answer any specific questions. A day at the parks is, however, you make it, so if things feel a bit intense, take a breath and allow yourself to sit and take in the atmosphere.

Thank your CM's always, and I hope you have a magical day.

Comment

Arrive at your leisure, fully rested. (Not until late afternoon if you intend to watch Electrical Parade or Tinker Bell/Fireworks).
        Leave your phone at home. Leave today behind.
        Stroll down Main Street U.S.A to the hub, stopping to read Walt's dedication plaque in the Plaza along the way.
        Sit on a park bench across from Sleeping Beauty Castle and soak in the view/atmosphere. Maybe Mary Poppins will perform.
        Drop a coin into Snow White's Wishing Well - daydream while looking at the Italian sculpture and little fishes (if they are working) - listen to the full song and echo from the well if you want your wish to come true.
        Walk through Sleeping Beauty Castle and take in the lovely diorama scenes.
        Go for a walk through Fantasyland and back around through Frontierland and Adventureland.
        Alice along the way? Maybe if the line is short. (You'll want to go on Peter Pan really but you never-never can wait that long).
        Pirates of the Caribbean or The Haunted Mansion? Maybe, but only if the line is short.
        Gaze wistfully at the facade to Splash Mountain and its fidelity to Br'er Fox's Chic-A-Pin Hill designs from Song of the South.
        Ride the Mark Twain around the Rivers of America. Imagine what it would be like to be Tom Sawyer.
        Take a reflective moment to remember the Swiss Family Robinson and their clever inventions - you can still hear the Swisskapolka if you try.
        Have a Dole Whip (if they let you).
        (Don't go to Tomorrowland it will make you sad).
        Hop the Disneyland Railroad through the Primeval World.
        Tired yet? Maybe that's enough for one day.
        Check out the Disney Gallery or visit Mr. Lincoln to stretch out your day a little more.
        Leave relaxed, rested and renewed with a nod and a wink to Walt's apartment in the Firehouse.
        Go have a nice slow meal at the beach and watch the sun set.
        Last edited by merlinjones; 08-07-2021, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I like Merlin Jones answer, however, if you want to optimize your visit, spend $7.95 on a year's membership for Touring Plans. You can feed some of your particulars in. They will produce a computer-generated plan that optimizes your day for minimum time waiting in line or minimum steps.

Caveat; they use years of data to run their plans. They can't have much data on current conditions. I'm not sure how well they'll adapt.
          Last edited by sailor310; 08-12-2021, 02:37 PM.
          Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
          Mark Twain

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X