Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restroom strategy

Regarding the current sanitation issues, where are the most/least disgusting bathrooms in Disneyland, and what time of day do they start to look bad?

I was thinking Space Mountain, Fort Wilderness, Tiki Room, First Aid, Fantasyland Theatre, Rancho del Zocalo and Hungry Bear would still be the least busy. Counterintuitively, are they actually dirtier or closed later in the day because they don't get serviced? Are they all actually even open at this time? I've got my favorites, but it seems like things are so different, I wanted to check, especially about which ones are being closed early. Does the Disney app have timely information regarding bathroom closures? I'm used to sacrificing major amounts of time for restrooms because of the kids (more than eating - we do that in line), but I wouldn't want to actually make a special trek and have a restroom be closed.

I have read that New Orleans Square, Adventureland, Tomorrowland are to be avoided. How difficult is it to be allowed to access the ones inside restaurants, like Red Rose or Plaza Inn for instance?

Which ones have reliably still been open just before closing? I have never looked, but are there bathrooms in the Town Hall? I assume the ones in Main Street by Carnation are pretty bad, especially at night
    Last edited by nostalgic; 08-08-2021, 02:22 PM.

Adventureland, space mountain, and new Orleans are some of the worst restrooms because they are at major choke points where people end up funneled.

Conversely, some of the "best" restrooms that don't have special condition (asking permission, only accessible during parts of the day) are the Carnation Cafe Restrooms (however, they are very small, and will become crowded near the end of the day), the Alice Restrooms, Cafe Zocolo, and Hungry Bear (hungry bear can be crowded, but being connected to a restaurant seems to mean more cleaning.)

Less crowded, but often dirtier restrooms include the Autopia bathrooms, FantasyLand Theater, and Galaxy edge restrooms. They're more out of the way, but yes, they will often be cleaned less often it seems.

The sweet spot is often the unisex/family restroom. Seemingly cleaned regularly, but often busy for obvious reasons. These include the Hungry Bear, Autopia, Tour Guide area, Galaxy's edge (both sections have multiple family rooms), Tiki Room, FantasyLand Theater, and Tom Sawyer Island.

Comment

Can the average person get into the Tour Guide area restrooms? Are these the ones on the map that I thought were in the Town Hall?

Comment

In the tour guide area, directly behind the booth, are two doors. The right door is backstage, and the left is th unisex restroom. You are technically allowed in this area regardless of being part of a tour group, though they can obviously turn you away if it's crowded or otherwise being used by tour groups at that very moment.
        Last edited by SkunkID; 08-08-2021, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Word has it, the DREAM KEY tier will come with an exciting new benefit called, POTTY PASS. This will allow guests exclusive access to restrooms that are not available to other lesser MAGIC KEY tiers or single day ticket holders. POTTY PASS holders will be allowed to make up to 5 restroom reservations per visit.

*Please note, POTTY PASS PLUS is required for Park Hopping.
          Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Says a lot that we are now talking about dirty bathrooms in Disneyland, a conversation I never had up until this point. Six Flags Syndrome

Comment

Gives new meaning to the idea that Disneyland is in a race to the bottom.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 08-09-2021, 12:48 AM.
              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
              - Bob Chapek

Comment

IN ALL FAIRNESS.

I 100% understand being hyper awareness of keeping track of restrooms, even before the quarantine and the budget cuts. Even back in 2019 I had a shortlist of preferred restrooms for family, friends, etc, simply because of things like anxiety, medical needs, children, etc. Technically any restroom "works" in an emergency if you want to check blood sugar, take/inject medicine, change a diaper, etc. But obviously, if you can plan ahead to make the experience more comfortable, thats preferable.

It's just become ironically/unfortunately useful information in the past year for more people simply because Disney's recent changes.

Comment

I often offend the following restrooms to be the cleanest and least packed: exiting Space Mountain & SWGE they always seem only half full and rarely had lines for the stalls. I think the bathroom behind Alice in Wonderland also often get missed even though it is central to the parks so it if often sans lines.

Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                    I often offend the following restrooms to be the cleanest and least packed: exiting Space Mountain & SWGE they always seem only half full and rarely had lines for the stalls. I think the bathroom behind Alice in Wonderland also often get missed even though it is central to the parks so it if often sans lines.
                    I concur –– Galaxy's Edge has very big, and relatively clean restrooms. Radiator Springs and Pixar Pier rank very low on my list (though to be fair, Pixar Pier's bathrooms have always been rough even in the DCA 2.0 days. Probably because they are near the puke-a-wheel).

Comment

Really no strategy needed; when you need to use a restroom, you find the closest one and go, using correct safety procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post
                        Word has it, the DREAM KEY tier will come with an exciting new benefit called, POTTY PASS. This will allow guests exclusive access to restrooms that are not available to other lesser MAGIC KEY tiers or single day ticket holders. POTTY PASS holders will be allowed to make up to 5 restroom reservations per visit.

For the low, low price of $1200
                        “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                        WDW Trips: '81
                        EPCOT Trips: '93
                        Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post
                          For the low, low price of $1200*

*Potty Pass subject to bathroom availability. Price subject to increase on weekends and holidays.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                          - Bob Chapek

Comment

“A young man working (at Disneyland) recognized me and came up in a bit of a panic. He wasn’t familiar with our first-name policy. ‘Mr. Disney,’ he said, ‘people have been stalled on the freeway and getting into our parking lot. Children are peeing all over the lot’. I looked around at all of these people who were coming here to pay to get in. With a great sense of relief, I said, ‘God Bless ‘em, let ‘em pee!’” -- Roy O. Disney

Comment

Soon there will be VQ's for the bathrooms, you will have to reserve based on the need so you will have to specify #1, #2 or #3 (don't ask what #3 is)
                              Last edited by Starcade; 08-10-2021, 08:04 AM.
                              Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                                Soon there will be VQ'a for the bathrooms, you will have to reserve based on the need so you will have to specify #1, #2 or #3 (don't ask what #3 is)
                                Now you giving Disney "IDEALS"
                                I swear , Some those Disney Leaders - at Burbank office ,hold there Meeting in the restroom
                                Last edited by Eagleman; 08-09-2021, 05:31 PM.
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

With today’s Disney, I’d bet they would charge you a No Potty fee if you missed a restroom reservation.

There may also be some synergy here to

’We have an new, exciting, limited, dynamic guest
                                  ‘exclusive’ opportunity. With Potty Pass+, you and your family can enjoy a premier potty experience. For just an extra $99 pp, you can skip the lines and stream all you want.

Also if you want to stream like a VIP, we have exclusive restrooms you can use for the low pp of $1,500 per family.

Because even if your family doesn’t stand a Mega Millions odds chance in winning a Rise of the Resistance ride reservation that day and will blame you till kingdom come for failing to get a reservation fast enough on your mobile device, at least they will respect you for spending a little more to give them unlimited access to our magical potties during your trip (please note too add hand wash soap that is also an extra $25 pp per potty visit.’

Comment

I tend to go for the restrooms that are just outside White Water Snacks, they seem to always be clean...and a lot less busy.

Comment

POTTY PASS. POTTY PASS PLUS is required for Park Hopping.
                                      Will you need WiFi to access the hidden restrooms? Rumor has it that you can access the one under sleeping beauty's castle . Can you confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post

Will you need WiFi to access the hidden restrooms? Rumor has it that you can access the one under sleeping beauty's castle . Can you confirm?
                                        Great question. Yes, PP and PP+ holders with have their own network, PiPi and/or PuPu. The common folk will not be able to see these on the regular Disney WiFi.
                                        Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X