Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Reasonable Airport Option for Tourists visiting Disneyland

Does anyone else realize how convenient Long Beach Airport is? It is around the same distance as Orange County Airport, and still much closer to Disneyland Resort than Los Angeles International Airport. (LAX) Be sure to check it out, they now have a low-cost carrier being Southwest that came in!
    2012-2015 Era DCA rides/attractions we went on regularly:
    Soarin' Over California
    Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Grizzly River Run
    California Screamin'
    Aladdin-A Musical Spectacular

2019 Era-Present DCA rides/attractions we go on regularly:
    Grizzly River Run
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Incredicoaster

Originally posted by rld275501 View Post
    Does anyone else realize how convenient Long Beach Airport is? It is around the same distance as Orange County Airport, and still much closer to Disneyland Resort than Los Angeles International Airport. (LAX) Be sure to check it out, they now have a low-cost carrier being Southwest that came in!
    Good Information to share.........
    and your right It is around the same distance as Orange County Airport.
    I use work in that area.....
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

My family has always used Orange*. I have not personally used Long Beach's airport, but like Eagleman referenced, I have heard the distance is about the same. Long Beach appears to be out of the cards for me, though. They don't have any flights servicing the PNW (Pacific Northwest).

(With the exception of the bad LAX experience that I was too young to remember)

Comment

We are flying into Long Beach for the first time next month. We are really looking forward to the easy drive into Anaheim, compared to the sometimes 2 hour drive from LAX.

We are also in the Pacific Northwest and found reasonably priced flights out of Portland on Southwest.

Comment

Southwest is now servicing LGB? That's great!

LGB to DL (specifically, The Grand) 18.4 mi, SNA to the same 13.4. I had no idea the difference was so small.

I had friends fly in to LGB once to stay with us near DL, but they rented a car. Wonder if the reasonably priced transport options (shuttles, etc) are as good as SNA?

My 'usual' airport is ONT to visit family. But the transport services from ONT really suck. Lyft is about it.
          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I agree with what others have said Long Beach would be very similar to SNA as far as convenience and distance.
            Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

I live 2 minutes from LGB. Once you arrive at the airport, you don't even have to take the freeway to DL. Simply head east on Wardlow (which literally runs into the airport) and then it turns into Ball Rd. Should take you about 25 minutes depending on lights. You don't even have to make any turns until you turn right to head into the M&F/PP structures.
              Last edited by BigThunda; 08-12-2021, 09:18 PM.
              Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

I personally go to the Santa Ana airport as that's a 15 minute drive from the parks.

Comment

You also don’t need to take the freeway to DL from JWA. Just go north on MacArthur Blvd and right on Harbor. Although most likely what will happen is if you hit traffic on the 55 north it is easy to exit and navigate over surface streets from there.

The nice thing about traveling the freeway from JWA though is that you can take the carpool lane the entire way without having to exit and merge, due to the flyover connector lanes. Essentially you’re staying in one lane the entire time.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                    I agree with what others have said Long Beach would be very similar to SNA as far as convenience and distance.
                    Your Right
                    If one can a deal on a fright....to Long Beach
                    IT WORKS

(Warning -Rush hour Traffic is like 3pm-6pm M-F , no matter were you at)
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

They are both good choices and I tend to go with whichever one that's cheaper. But where I'm flying from, Santa Ana tends to have many more return flights with better times than LB.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X