Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are both Soarin' theaters running?

Wait times for Soarin' the last several days have been greatly inflated. Does anyone who has been at the parks know if one of the theaters is down right now, or if demand is just super high?

I wonder if they are doing a change over from Over CA to Over World or vice versa I remember hearing somebody saying the change is fairly easy but I know once we did over CA when they brought it back and the seats were all off and maybe they are addressing this. as it was odd smelling the dirt and grass from the African Plains while flying over the Beach.
    Last edited by Starcade; 08-18-2021, 08:50 AM.
    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Before the shutdown, Soarin' Over California was running. But currently it's Soarin' Over the World. However, according to the official Disneyland website, Soarin' Over California is not completely retired. It could come back at Disney's whim.

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
        Before the shutdown, Soarin' Over California was running. But currently it's Soarin' Over the World. However, according to the official Disneyland website, Soarin' Over California is not completely retired. It could come back at Disney's whim.
        YEP
        Soarin' Over California....is being use as a Disney tool......bring in Guest to DCA
        Just like over lays at Disneyland park.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I wander if it's too difficult for one theater to show Soarin' Over the World and the other showing Soarin' Over California. That might sound like a good idea and it might have worked for the Country Bear Playhouse, which had two theaters.

Comment

Yes I am here now and both theaters are running.

Comment

I wonder they still have the scents smell?
              or did cut back on that .
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I wonder if it's too difficult for one theater to show Soarin' Over the World and the other showing Soarin' Over California. That might sound like a good idea and it might have worked for the Country Bear Playhouse, which had two theaters.
                Then they would end up having more lines.....with Soarin' Over California having more guest
                But you never know with Disney .
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I think for many Over CA is more desirable because it has less CGI versus Over World where the CGI is often noticeable and there are too many tall structures that become distorted if you are not sitting in center. If it is Over World we will request the center section even if it mean waiting an additional cycle to ride because of this.
                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Anyone want to bet the next iteration will be called: Soarin' Over Your Wallet? New 5D technology will give guests the sensation of money being sucked out of their pockets, with the scent of dollar bills permeating throughout the theater as they fly you over the Chapek compound(s).
                    Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post
                      Anyone want to bet the next iteration will be called: Soarin' Over Your Wallet? New 5D technology will give guests the sensation of money being sucked out of their pockets, with the scent of dollar bills permeating throughout the theater as they fly you over the Chapek compound(s).
                      LAUGHING........about Soarin Over "$"WALL STREET"$"
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I was at California Adventure this past week and I went on Soarin' Over the World twice. It's here to stay. Maybe we'll get California once in awhile.

Comment

I was at California Adventure this past week and I went on Soarin' Over the World twice. It's here to stay. Maybe we'll get California once in awhile.
                          They do bring it back once a year during the Food and Wine festival.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldendreamer View Post

They do bring it back once a year during the Food and Wine festival.
                            The soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith is still available on CD or Amazon Prime. So Soarin' Over California is not totally gone. It has a better chance of coming back right now than say "The Main Street Electrical Parade".

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X