• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Interesting Tweet from Koenig

David Koenig tweeted something concerning today about a COVID outbreak

https://twitter.com/davekoenig/statu...988328448?s=20

One of Koenig's tweets is particularly concerning:

"The source says ranks at Indy, Big Thunder, & throughout Tomorrowland have been particularly hard hit. “The COVID outbreak going on with the cast members is a dirty little secret that management would like to keep. However, ask any hourly; they can tell you that it’s happening.""

David Koenig has a well-earned reputation of not repeating bogus information. His tweet goes along with the report in MiceChat's August 9 Disneyland Update:

"The MiceChat team heard from a concerned cast member this week that COVID-19 outbreaks seem to be increasing among cast and that Lamplight Lounge on Pixar Pier is a particular hotspot. So much so that all cast at that location have reportedly been scheduled for on the clock COVID-19 testing this week. Of course, the location remains open to serve guests, which has some cast feeling very uncomfortable, since there has yet to be any public disclosure about the safety status of this (or any) location."

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Well, I mean honestly, what did they expect?

Mandatory 100% masking policy + Social Distancing = lower risk, less spread.
      Half-arsed masking policy + 'wishing on a star' = higher risk, more spread.
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

This is terribly sad. I wish the cast members who have been infected a speedy recovery. I also hope that Disney is sending these people home and offering them paid sick leave regardless of status if the cast member turns out COVID-19 positive.

This also doesn't mesh well with the recent announcement that Disney is planning on packing the parks "aggressively." In their own words (kinda)...

"The news is especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic."

Comment

And it's not just at DLR...

COVID-19 Outbreak at Reedy Creek Fire Department, First Responders Lack Support

"According to a report from the Orlando Sentinel, there has been a COVID-19 outbreak at Walt Disney World’s local Reedy Creek Fire Department, but first responders are not receiving support.

"Two employees tested positive at the end of July and 10 total have contracted COVID-19. At least two who have tested positive were already vaccinated. President of the Reedy Creek Firefighters Association Jon Shirey said that contact tracing revealed 90 out of 205 firefighters and paramedics on staff have been exposed to the virus.

"Employees of Reedy Creek are required to report a positive COVID-19 test to the department. They are also required to wear masks indoors and inside vehicles, but exposure is still possible.

"Shirey said, 'If we’re sick or hurt, we can’t really help the people that we’re supposed to be serving… And it’s not a good feeling for us. We got into this profession because we like to help people, not because we want to hurt people or we’re gonna get them sick.'

"Employees do not receive workers’ compensation for COVID-19-related claims. They aren’t granted sick days, so have to use personal time if sick or if they are exposed and need to quarantine. As a result, many are going to work with possible COVID-19 symptoms, posing a risk for Walt Disney World at large."...

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

Koenig is very respectful as far as sources he reminds me of the sources Al Lutz had, very reliable. I fear this will lead to mass guests being affected who argue the mask mandate, if Disneyland has a mass COVID outbreak it may lead the state to once again force Disneys hand at closing the parks again, not necessarily good news with the rollout of new AP's just around the corner. It'll be interesting to see how long this can stay under wraps before it explodes

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
              Well, I mean honestly, what did they expect?

Mandatory 100% masking policy + Social Distancing = lower risk, less spread.
              Half-arsed masking policy + 'wishing on a star' = higher risk, more spread.
              It not just Disneyland ,but most Orange County ,imo - Move to Fast !
              what did they expect ?.....I Agree
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                And it's not just at DLR...

COVID-19 Outbreak at Reedy Creek Fire Department, First Responders Lack Support

"According to a report from the Orlando Sentinel, there has been a COVID-19 outbreak at Walt Disney World’s local Reedy Creek Fire Department, but first responders are not receiving support.

"Two employees tested positive at the end of July and 10 total have contracted COVID-19. At least two who have tested positive were already vaccinated. President of the Reedy Creek Firefighters Association Jon Shirey said that contact tracing revealed 90 out of 205 firefighters and paramedics on staff have been exposed to the virus.

"Employees of Reedy Creek are required to report a positive COVID-19 test to the department. They are also required to wear masks indoors and inside vehicles, but exposure is still possible.

"Shirey said, 'If we’re sick or hurt, we can’t really help the people that we’re supposed to be serving… And it’s not a good feeling for us. We got into this profession because we like to help people, not because we want to hurt people or we’re gonna get them sick.'

"Employees do not receive workers’ compensation for COVID-19-related claims. They aren’t granted sick days, so have to use personal time if sick or if they are exposed and need to quarantine. As a result, many are going to work with possible COVID-19 symptoms, posing a risk for Walt Disney World at large."...

IMO this is WRONG...out right wrong!

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by whoever View Post
                  COVID is NOT a death sentence. That being said, you should help in restricting it. To hear our "leaders", it is the plague to end all plagues.
                  Tell that to my mother. Oh wait, you can't because she died of Covid in February.
                  "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Tell that to my mother. Oh wait, you can't because she died of Covid in February.
                    I am so sorry for your loss Stormy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                    You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling
                    It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell. ― Walt Disney

Comment

COVID is NOT a death sentence. That being said, you should help in restricting it. To hear our "leaders", it is the plague to end all plagues.
                      What an unbelievably heartless thing to post. The friends and family of over 4.3 million people would disagree entirely with you. Politics are explicitly not allowed here and we all know that.
                      You know, I have the strangest feeling that I've seen that ship before. A long time ago, when I was very young. ―George Darling

Comment

Really!

Comment

Originally posted by Mom kissed Walt View Post

I am so sorry for your loss Stormy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                          Thank you so much. I normally don't respond to 'that sort' of post but I'm afraid his touched a still raw nerve.

Comment

I’m sorry, Stormy. You are not alone. My very healthy grandmother died of COVID as well. It still hurts. I wish you healing.

Comment

Sigh....well that was not unexpected. I hope CMs make a recovery and also don’t pass it on to older relatives who may not yet be vaccinated and would be at significant risk.

Happier and Happier with our decision to delay a trip next Summer to the one after. Hawaii instead, more open air, everything has a patio, secluded beaches and a savings of $5000 even when going for two weeks instead of one.

I wonder if Disney is flirting with parks closures again, especially in California...Florida has already proven it will just do it’s own thing regardless of well anything.

Comment

are you f-ing kidding right now? Is that really what you want to say to those of us who've lost someone and couldn't say goodbye because of the contagious nature of the disease? This type of post has no place in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

I’m sorry, Stormy. You are not alone. My very healthy grandmother died of COVID as well. It still hurts. I wish you healing.
                                  The same wish to you. It's doubly hard since many of us were not able to be with our loved ones in their final moments.

Comment

If this report is true, it's very concerning. You would of think TDA would of learned it's lesson after the legionnaires scandal.

I wonder if DLR will reinstated their mandatory mask policy by Labor Day weekend.

Comment

Unbelievably heartless, cruel, unfeeling, self-centered -- and sadly, not surprising.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

Thank you so much. I normally don't respond to 'that sort' of post but I'm afraid his touched a still raw nerve.
                                        Of course it does. I’ve been reading your posts for ages and while I don’t know actually “know” you or Captain Andy, my heart still breaks for your losses.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X