Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current attractions have you never done?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] What current attractions have you never done?

Are there any current DLR attractions that you have never done? Something that has always been there, yet you have never ride or experienced. Here's my list(excluding new attractions)

Disneyland
    Davy Crockett Explorer's Canoes
    Astro Orbitor
    Pixie Hollow
    Star Wars Launch Bay

DCA
    Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
    Animation Academy
    Turtle Talk with Crush
    Sorcerers Workshop
    Disney Junior Live on Stage
    Red Car Trolley

My list contains mostly diversions, with Hollywoodland containing the most snubs! For the most part I'm not ignoring them, but I think I will stick with the Mark Twain/Columbia, instead of the canoes!

Which ones have you never got around to?

Good off topic conversation here...yea crazy to think that there are actual attractions in both lands that I have never experienced to this day...partially on purpose.

Disneyland:
    - Tiki Room show
    - Davey Crockett Canoes
    - Astro Orbitor
    - Pixie Hollow ( I honestly dont know what this is) :-)
    - Abe Lincoln
    - None of Main Street vehicles or Horse carriages

DCA:
    - Goofy's Sky School
    - Jumpin Jellyfish
    - Aladdin Show
    - Red Car Trolley
    - Redwood Creek Challenge
    - Symphony swings

Looking at these selections now....Im even more content that I havent taken the time to explore these either

Comment

Oh I like this! I've always tried to do every attraction in the park but there are three I'm missing.

Disneyland:
      - Pixie Hollow (Not a big fan of characters meet and greets, they terrified me as a kid)

DCA:
      - WEB Slingers ( Haven't had the chance to go to DCA since it opened)
      - Disney Junior (Did the old version as a kid once, but never again lol)

I highly recommend Animation Academy if you haven't done it. Even if you're bad at drawing (like me) it tons of fun and you get to keep your drawing as a free souvenir! (Not many things left like that).

Comment

Lol, I've almost ridden and experienced every ride and attraction at Disneyland and DCA (old and new!) However, there is one experience that I have never tried, and another that I haven't gotten on because of the VQ system...

1. Tom Sawyer Island
        2. WEB Slingers

Comment

Currently I'm missing Rise of the Resistance and Avengers Campus since I haven't been in two years. I also look forward to checking out Snow White's Enchanted Wish.

I thought for sure I would have done every other attraction, but this list has made me question whether I've been on Astro Orbiter! (Gasp)

I've been on almost every attraction that has existed at California Adventure, but missed out on Maliboomer, Superstar Limo, and the vineyard show, which pains me as a DCA fan.

The most recent attraction I checked off my list is Minnie's House in Toontown, which never interested me, although I have to say the inside is rather charming.

I often see people say they have never done Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, to which I encourage everyone to add it to their itinerary next visit. I'm always an advocate for this attraction, which I feel many people dismiss as a play area for children. While it is in a sense, I contend it is the best work from the Imagineering team behind the original Disney's California Adventure, and it stands out as quite a unique experience amongst Disney Parks' numerous, and often repetitive, offerings across the different theme parks. Check out both the lower trails near the entrance and the rope bridges, which contain lots of information about real places in California delivered in an entertaining way. This attraction, along with Soarin' over California, inspired me to visit the real Redwood Creek in Humboldt County.
          Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
            Soarin' over California, inspired me to visit the real Redwood Creek in Humboldt County.
            Very pretty area......
            But there so much to see over all of California ,I encourage other's to go to !

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post
              Good off topic conversation here...yea crazy to think that there are actual attractions in both lands that I have never experienced to this day...partially on purpose.

Disneyland:
              - Tiki Room show
              - Davey Crockett Canoes
              - Astro Orbitor
              - Pixie Hollow ( I honestly dont know what this is) :-)
              - Abe Lincoln
              - None of Main Street vehicles or Horse carriages

DCA:
              - Goofy's Sky School
              - Jumpin Jellyfish
              - Aladdin Show
              - Red Car Trolley
              - Redwood Creek Challenge

- Symphony swings

Looking at these selections now....Im even more content that I havent taken the time to explore these either
              If you’re a once a year or less person, your list makes sense. If you are/were a pass holder, your list makes me sad. I’ve underlined the items everyone should experience at least once.

Comment

Disneyland:
                all of the stuff in Star Warsville
                I think that's it for the Land

California Adventure:
                The Bakery Tour
                Web Slingers
                Inside Outs Emotional Turmoil Machine
                Don't remember if I've ever taken a ride on the Trolli
                The Snow White update

Comment

I never been on Casey Jr
                  Storybookland
                  for Disneyland

for DCA I never been in that Playhouse Disney theater
                  never seen philharmagic
                  everything else I have done

entirely miss the Aladdin show at DCA

Comment

I'm not counting the rides I haven't had a chance to ride since I haven't been to DL since 2018, which are;
                    WebSlingers
                    RotR
                    MF;SR (although I did ride that at WDW, does that count?)
                    Emotional Whirlwind

Rides I could have ridden, but haven't. All but the TT coaster due to motion sickness;
                    Golden Zephyr
                    Silly Symphony Swings
                    Whatever that roller coaster in TT is called
                    Luigi's
                    Mater's

Rides I haven't ridden in their current iteration, but rode when it was called something else;
                    Pal a Round
                    Incredicoaster
                    Astro Orbiter

I think that's the lot.
                    Last edited by Stormy; 08-20-2021, 06:07 AM.
                    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post

If you’re a once a year or less person, your list makes sense. If you are/were a pass holder, your list makes me sad. I’ve underlined the items everyone should experience at least once.
                      Attractions like MS vehicles are what truly set Disney apart. The Red Car Trolley is one of the only things in DCA done in the spirit of Walt. Such attractions are for the Disneyland connoisseurs or the pure of heart, which sadly makes them more endangered. It’s weird to brag about that kind of intended ignorance on this type of message board.
                      Last edited by Jesser-pie; 08-20-2021, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post

Well prepared to be sad...:-) We were pass holders from about 2013 - 2019, and looking back at this list. The only "attraction/experience" that you underlined that I feel only slightly guilty not experiencing yet is the Tiki Room. Everything else I just dont really care to invest the time to do it compared to a ride or experience I know I love.

Comment

I've never watched any of the shows in either DLR & DCA. The last time I went, I went on the Winnie the Pooh for the first time!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post

Attractions like MS vehicles are what truly set Disney apart. The Red Car Trolley is one of the only things in DCA done in the spirit of Walt. Such attractions are for the Disneyland connoisseurs or the pure of heart, which sadly makes them more endangered. It’s weird to brag about that kind of intended ignorance on this type of message board.
                            Really...me not wanting to ride a horse drawn carriage or listen to dead President talk about points in a History Book classify myself as "ignorant"?? Or should I say "brag about" Hmmm...didnt know I had to get MC member pass to allow such blatant actions on my part....but thank you for mentioning me in your conversation

Comment

DL - RotR

DCA - Web Slingers and Silly Symphony Swings & Red Car Trolley.

I have no intention of ever doing the SS Swings but the other two I am looking forward to if we can get rid of Chapek.
                              Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

For the people who aren't interested in trying new attractions, I get that, there is a comfort to having a routine and focusing on what you know you love, especially at a place like Disneyland. But I would encourage everyone to branch out on their next visit and try an attraction you always skip. Not just to "check off every attraction", but because so often experiences exceed what we expect from them. For years the Boudin Bakery Tour wasn't on my radar, but I gave it a try in the mid-2000s, and now it is something I do every time I go to Disneyland Resort (Lactobacillus San Francisco!). A few years ago I went on Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln with someone who has zero interest in animatronic shows, but she ended up really enjoying the powerful show after I convinced her to watch it. There are always new things to discover at the parks, and I know I will be doing Astro Orbiters for the first time next time I go!
                                Brian the Pooh

Comment

How could anyone visit DLR and NOT see Abe or the Tiki Room? There are plenty of amusement parks around, but they don't have these 2 attractions.
                                  "These are a few of my favorite things"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Twain View Post
                                    How could anyone visit DLR and NOT see Abe or the Tiki Room? There are plenty of amusement parks around, but they don't have these 2 attractions.
                                    LMAO!!! right...what in the world was I thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Twain View Post
                                      To be fair, I unfortunately did not get to experience either attractions on my last trip. It was sadly timed just before the Covid Shutdown (Arrived literally on the day of the announcement!). Priorities were put on the major features of Disneyland (Big Thunder, Matterhorn, IASW) over some of the minor attractions. Most of our group did want to go into the Tiki Room, but it was shot down by one of our party members.

Comment

Oh, I completely forgot about the Disney Jr and the Philharmagic shows. I guess I have those to do, too.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X