Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which CEO is the best for the Disneyland Resort?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Which CEO is the best for the Disneyland Resort?

I saw this poll on Reddit, and I want to take a temperature on how our fellow Micechatters feel between these three goobers.
    Bob Chapek
    0%
    Michael Eisner
    36.00%
    Bob Iger
    64.00%

Sorry but
    Geeee choose's........is not Good........
    I keep my eye's on the over all poll- I will pass on the vote
    Agree with the OP - all three are goobers and hurt the company......IMO
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I’d give it to Iger, with Eisner coming a very close 2nd. Looking at total investment, from the serious cap commitment in DCA 2.0, keeping the subs, and SW:GE, Iger really committed investment back to the DLR.

Walking through Carsland and Buena Vista Street in 2012, it was amazing how much DCA had changed from its 1.0 version. I’d like to think John Hench, at least in the summer 2012, may have thought DCA was finally better than a parking lot.

Eisner to me is an example of ‘what if’. If not, sadly, for Frank Wells untimely passing and if EuroDisney was more of a financial success (and Disney had cut 2-3 of the opening day resorts from that project it might have), with what Eisner did up to that point, it was pretty amazing.

In just over the first 10 years of Eisner, Disneyland got: Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Fantasmic, Mickey’s Toon Town, Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin and Indiana Jones Adventure.

If not for losing Wells and EuroDisney, Disneyland may have also gotten the full, budget max Tomorrowland 2055 overhaul and the DLR may have got the nearly $3 billion Westcot expansion.

Comment

• 1) 1929–1971: Roy O. Disney (Disneyland, Disneyland 59, Swiss, Tiki, Small World, Pirates, Tomorrowland 67, Haunted Mansion)
        • 3) 1971–1976: Donn Tatum (Country Bears, MSEP)
        • 2) 1976–1983: Card Walker (Matterhorn refurb, Space Mountain, BTMRR, New Fantasyland)
        • 4) 1983–1984: Ron W. Miller (New Fantasyland)

Comment

I have to give it to Eisner due to how he essentially saved Disneyland in the 90s and did a lot of things that made it such a staple. I'll admit near the end, he started doing things I wouldn't agree with, but overall, the 90s was very much a time where Disney was sort of at its peak in a lot of ways, from shows and new attractions to the addition of Toontown, and even though it was a failure at the time, Disneyland Paris. California Adventure I feel was the first major hiccup he had (I do not agree with others on Tomorrowland, which I felt the changes made made that land feel more inviting overall).

Iger I feel his vision lost some of the magic of Disney as he started focusing on brands instead of overall thematics, which a cardinal rule for a land in the Disney theme parks up until Iger was that each land would be based on a general theme, not an IP so that the imagineers could have more freedom to create rides they want without too many constraints as long as said ride remained within the theme of the land.

Chapek, who just started his tenure as CEO is already showing poor moves with the company, but I'm hoping he moves away from his current course of action and starts doing things to better Disney overall.

Comment

Bob Iger winning by a landslide.

I think while Eisner did quite a lot, he tarnished the end of his own legacy whereas Iger didn't necessarily commit any huge travesties. I think he did a pretty good job "beautifying" Eisner's blunders.

I think Chapek has a lot of room to aesthetically make the parks more pleasing, but given the cost, he's clouding the experience with dreadful tacky app experiences when the parks themselves have the ability to draw crowds without all this unnecessary phone meddling. He's neglecting the parks in favor of app store upcharges.

Comment

Eisner by far. He personally championed innovative attractions and raised the bar for the modern e-ticket with a very hands-on approach to imagineering. After eurodisney proved to be a boondoggle, he overcorrected into the miserly, customer hating, shareholder worshipping grump he is remembered as.

Iger on the other hand, despite his superior genius as CEO - and correcting some of Eisner's biggest mistakes - never demonstrated enthusiasm for the parks. The expansion that truly has Iger's stamp on it - Star Wars GE, opened at the very end of his tenure, as if it was something he was avoiding but finally had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaygatzby View Post

Eisner to me is an example of ‘what if’. If not, sadly, for Frank Wells untimely passing

In just over the first 10 years of Eisner, Disneyland got: Star Tours, Splash Mountain, Fantasmic, Mickey’s Toon Town, Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin and Indiana Jones Adventure.
                FRANK WELLS kept Eisner at bay.....
                Sadly, for Frank Wells untimely passing ,That when I saw the company turning for the worst .
                For Eisner made his move , to take over whole company.
                IMO
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

It's definitely not Chapek for sure.

Comment

I'm always surprised to remember Walt Disney was never CEO of the company.
                    Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post
                      I'm always surprised to remember Walt Disney was never CEO of the company.
                      LOL........Yea - he pass on to his Brother Roy.........

"Walt" have other concept and dreams......and he depend on Roy ,to get him money to do them

> The surprise was that was a Disneyland was another company
                      Disneyland, Inc. was incorporated in the State of California in 1951 by Walt Disney.
                      A companion company owned only by Walt Disney originally called Walt Disney, Incorporated.
                      Last edited by Eagleman; 08-22-2021, 06:59 PM.
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
                        It's definitely not Chapek for sure.
                        I so so Agree..........
                        BUT -IGER was way over pay........... (self serving person)
                        While the bottom line was being IMO under pay !

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Bob Iger by process of elimination:

Bob Chapek has done nothing positive.

Eisner created DCA 1.0 There is nothing that has been added to Disneyland in size/scale that was this bad from multiple levels that still negatively affects park operations to this day. Disneyland’s entrance is overall the same as it was in 1955. Iger improved it. He may have walked back a bit with Pixar Pier and other elements, but overall still an improvement.

Also everything positive about Eisner may be contributed to Frank Wells and other imagineers who to had to fight him often.

Most importantly, Bob Iger chose the ST for SWGE and aside from standing by Disney films, it makes histrionic gate-keepers mad.

Comment

I can't bring myself to vote for any of those options.
                            We need another Walt...and fast!

"It's always more difficult to recover than it is to do the right thing at the beginning" - Tony Baxter,
                            The Imagineering Story, Episode 4 "Hit or Miss"

Comment

Originally posted by Laugh-O-Grams View Post
                              I can't bring myself to vote for any of those options.
                              That's fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

That's fair.
                                Yep I same way, still can't vote
                                I feel the downfall of Disney ,started from Eisner and continually going down....
                                imo
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

You forgot Captain EO, who is by far the best C. EO the Resort has ever seen.
                                  www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
                                  -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
                                  ~Alice Davis

Comment

Originally posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post
                                    You forgot Captain EO, who is by far the best C. EO the Resort has ever seen.
                                    L O L
                                    Well less for while......
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X