Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Trip 8-17-21

This week I was in the Disneyland Resort. On Tuesday I went to California Adventure and I had a fun time riding Radiator Springs three times and had the pleasure of experiencing the regular Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters. I avoided the Spider-Man ride because it may be overrated and it's more of a video game type of attraction. I had the pleasure of riding The Little Mermaid 4 times.

Then on Wednesday and Thursday, I was in Disneyland Park. It is true that the Haunted Mansion is down for the rest of the year and Haunted Mansion Holiday is reopening on September. They should have waited until at least August 23rd. I had a lot of fun with Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, and the Jungle Cruise. It is true that the Jungle Cruise did not suffer the fate that Pirates of the Caribbean did. There's no Dwayne Johnson in it and the loss of Trader Sam and the headhunters don't hurt the ride that much. All in all, I had a lot of fun making the most of it.

I would like to recommend riding the Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and the Jungle Cruise at night.

Thanks for sharing!

I would like to recommend riding the Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and the Jungle Cruise at night.
    Great tip. I especially like Thunder Mountain at night. I have never been on Jungle Cruise at night but I will give it a go on my next visit.

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post

Have to say
      There certain outdoor attractions is so cool to do at night...........***"That make a Different"***
      imo

: To me ,I enjoy doing Jungle Cruise at night
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Have to say
        There certain outdoor attractions is so cool to do at night...........***"That make a Different"***
        imo

: To me ,I enjoy doing Jungle Cruise at night
        I was by the Haunted Mansion this week and I didn't see any Christmas props. At least I got to see the Haunted Mansion in it's glory before the transformation.

Comment

I was by the Haunted Mansion this week and I didn't see any Christmas props. At least I got to see the Haunted Mansion in it's glory before the transformation.
          Good for You
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Well my Friend
            Glad you got to go ...on your trip and share with us .
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
              Well my Friend
              Glad you got to go ...on your trip and share with us .
              Despite the premature closure of the Haunted Mansion and the continued closure of the subs and Monorail, I still made the most of it, which is what everyone should do at Disneyland or California.

Comment

Where were guests required to wear masks? For instance, when riding Radiator Springs Racer, were guests required to mask the entire time (in line and for the duration of the ride)?

Comment

Originally posted by JusTrippin2 View Post
                  Where were guests required to wear masks? For instance, when riding Radiator Springs Racer, were guests required to mask the entire time (in line and for the duration of the ride)?
                  For the most part yes. Guests were required to wear masks on most of the attraction; which most of them were indoors. I was fortunate to be there at a time when the weather was decent. I wouldn't be surprised if guests had to wear masks both indoors and outdoors because of the Delta Variant.

Comment

For the most part yes. Guests were required to wear masks on most of the attraction; which most of them were indoors. I was fortunate to be there at a time when the weather was decent. I wouldn't be surprised if guests had to wear masks both indoors and outdoors because of the Delta Variant.
                    Thank you! I'm supposed to go in November and would be taking my son and his girlfriend (she's never been).

Comment

Originally posted by JusTrippin2 View Post

Thank you! I'm supposed to go in November and would be taking my son and his girlfriend (she's never been).
                      I think this mask mandate will last well into next year. The subs and Monorail may still be closed at that time. Who knows?

Comment

I had the most ridiculous fear of some of the disney rides as a child. I know it seems ridiculous, but my earliest memory of jungle cruise was at night, and it seemed so dark and ominous. I was practically crying, and THEN the gunshot...Oh my...I kept my eyes shut or looking down at my dad's shoes the whole time. I can still visualize the creases in his shoes. They were dress shoes, too. This was before people wore sneakers all the time. I know people think of Jungle Cruise as funny. However, it really was designed to be a wild life adventure for kids and family to enjoy together. I will testify, it seemed VERY real to me. Terrifying. I also made my mom get out of the chicken exit with me in the Pirates line (Disney World version) after the first skeleton. Forget about the haunted mansion...that's a whole other story.

Comment

I have to clarify...it wasn't the gunshot per se, more the frantic alarm of the boat captain saying roughly "Oh no! Oh no!...the hippos are coming close, they're attacking!! Ahhh!" In my child's mind I was thinking "kill them! Kill them all!". And I was ready to climb up on top of my father's head. Ah, darkness.... cheapest special effect there is...

Comment

I think this mask mandate will last well into next year. The subs and Monorail may still be closed at that time. Who knows?
                            It seems we may even return to masking outdoors again, the way things are going. Just not my idea of a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by nostalgic View Post
                              I have to clarify...it wasn't the gunshot per se, more the frantic alarm of the boat captain saying roughly "Oh no! Oh no!...the hippos are coming close, they're attacking!! Ahhh!" In my child's mind I was thinking "kill them! Kill them all!". And I was ready to climb up on top of my father's head. Ah, darkness.... cheapest special effect there is...
                              This had me ROFL - thank you for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by nostalgic View Post
                                This reminds me.... I was not the brightest kid back in the day. I refused to ride Splash Mountain because I knew there was a drop, BUT my dad told me that drop was all for show and not actually part of the ride. When we were given our fast passes, I pointed at the image... "Dad, that's a drop!" and he joked and told me, "Honey, it's not real!"

You can imagine the horror I felt on the top of the hill, realizing that I was lied to, but I had no one to blame but myself. All the signs were there.

True Disney magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

This reminds me.... I was not the brightest kid back in the day. I refused to ride Splash Mountain because I knew there was a drop, BUT my dad told me that drop was all for show and not actually part of the ride. When we were given our fast passes, I pointed at the image... "Dad, that's a drop!" and he joked and told me, "Honey, it's not real!"

You can imagine the horror I felt on the top of the hill, realizing that I was lied to, but I had no one to blame but myself. All the signs were there.

True Disney magic.
                                  I have to say....when coaster and flume rides ...I got in habit of closing my eyes....
                                  last fall on Splash Mountain is very step / imo.......
                                  To this day ,I could not share what view ,one can see....for my eyes is closing at that pointlol
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I was at DLR on Thursday and they already had the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff all over the outside of the HM. First attraction I went in was the Jungle Cruise. The water fall wasn’t working all day (went in in the AM and night). I’m hoping that was the case. A few attractions “broke down” throughout the day: Mr.Toad, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise and Thunder Mountain. But all we’re up and running within 30-40 min. Wasn’t too crowded but it was pretty warm out. Overall, 9/10.

Comment

I went Thurs and no Switzer Falls at JC either.
                                      Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                                      Mark Twain

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X