Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who bought a Magic key today and how easy was it?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] So who bought a Magic key today and how easy was it?

Wondering for those that jumped in at the get go if the purchase was easy or did they get stuck in a virtual line etc?

Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Still waiting, you know for such a large company they really are poor planners when it comes to stuff like this

Comment

I'm not buying a pass but trying to access the pass page at 11:30 AM shows wait time is "more than an hour." I don't know if this means "about an hour" or "possibly eight hours" though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pass_1130AM.png
Views:	1777
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	8645872

Comment

Still waiting
        "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates' loot on Treasure Island and at the bottom of the Spanish Main ... and best of all, you can enjoy these riches every day of your life."
        -Walt Disney

Comment

Just bought 3 Enchant keys. Took about an 1:20hr to get through the waiting room. It worked great until reservation time came. Then on the reservation page, the programming code is very broken. It shows tnp-reservations.parkType.short.DLR_CA for a California Adventure reservation selection and tnp-reservations.parkType.short.DLR_DP for Disneyland Park. Jeez... fortunately I have some coding background, and I'm pretty sure my guess is right as to what CA and DP means.

Just to be clear - the code tnp-reservations.parkType.short.DLR_DP is all you see on that page. There is no text other than a bunch of code like this. And the same on your reservation confirmation page in your account. I had to guess that it meant Disneyland Park.

If one were not that good at code guessing, this could really flummox you.

The only place I see it showing correctly is in my iphone App, and even in there, it only shows the first day I booked. But that one has a proper text description confirming what I booked.

Last edited by egomaniac; 08-25-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Is there a finite number of magic keys? Like, if I wait to buy in 4 months are they gonna say "sorry, you need to wait until some other folks' keys expire before more become available" etc?

Comment

Not sure how aware the Disney Magic Key people are of other offers but in case this information is useful to you, the Magic Mountain Season Pass for the 2022 is $99 for the entire year! That includes the remainder of 2021 !! Not per month, $99 for the whole year!!
              --
              http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

My current situation, helping the wifey out...

Big Thunder Ranch > Galaxys Edge

Comment

Is there any value in getting one on the first day? If there is any likelihood of having to wait or a system backing up, then why bother doing this right now?

Comment

Update, my wife just got through on her phone and confirmed passes for her and our oldest, while my attempt to help her (on desktop) I posted above isn't too much further along.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Stringer View Post
                      Is there a finite number of magic keys? Like, if I wait to buy in 4 months are they gonna say "sorry, you need to wait until some other folks' keys expire before more become available" etc?
                      From what I understand there is a limit but that limit is well beyond what the demand is i.e. not only are they not expected to sell out but they are giving sweeteners to those buying in the first 66 days as they do not expect to sell as many as they want. The fine print says limited but that is simply to cover their bases and allows for easier discontinuation if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post
                        Not sure how aware the Disney Magic Key people are of other offers but in case this information is useful to you, the Magic Mountain Season Pass for the 2022 is $99 for the entire year! That includes the remainder of 2021 !! Not per month, $99 for the whole year!!
                        Yeah the other parks passes are a far better bargain. We got Knott’s AP’s back in March and they are good until March 2022! Cost was $104 per person and amortizes in 2 trips. You could even do payments which where like $7 per month after down, I just bought them outright as cheap as they were. Knott’s is not DLR but DLR isn’t even DLR anymore.

Comment

I posted this over on the "disqus" comments: I had very little trouble with the process. I tried getting on at 10 AM, and I saw the "Big Thunder" and "Space Mountain" animated graphics, saying my wait would be "at least an hour" but I was able to get to the selection/purchase page by 10:40, and made the purchase of a "Dream Key Pass". by 10:44. So it was actually less than an hour for the entire process. And the pass showed up in the APP on my account pretty much immediately.
                          Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                          Is there any value in getting one on the first day? If there is any likelihood of having to wait or a system backing up, then why bother doing this right now?
                          I wanted to purchase mine right away just on the off chance that they would, in fact, run out of their "limited" supply. I don't think they're going to reach the limit, but the prospect of having to wait a year for people's passes to expire and for them to not renew, or to wait for Disney to make more available didn't appeal to me, especially looking at what's happening with the WDW passes where, at this time, you still can't purchase a new pass. You can only renew. Also, I wanted to get the current price locked in. If you wait, you might end up paying more because they could raise those prices any time.

Comment

So finally got through but never saw a monthly payment option so it took the entire amount out, wondering if I can fix that

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                              The main advantage to getting them on the first day is the ability to begin reserving days. The MK’s are not going to sell out but the reservations days are very likely to be booked up pretty fast. I wonder if the first day you visit will require a reservation and will black outs apply to that first day? I know one trick of the previous AP’s was if you had a lower level AP you could go on your first day during a black out as it was seen as your visit to get your photo etc. and they wanted your pass to activate asap so they could start the count down to your expiration and hopeful renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

From what I understand there is a limit but that limit is well beyond what the demand is i.e. not only are they not expected to sell out but they are giving sweeteners to those buying in the first 66 days as they do not expect to sell as many as they want. The fine print says limited but that is simply to cover their bases and allows for easier discontinuation if needed.
                                And, in fact, today, I (and I'm sure many of us) got an email from Disney Destinations, enticing me to buy a "Magic Key" pass. I received the email more than 2 hours after purchasing my "Key".

Comment

Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post

And, in fact, today, I (and I'm sure many of us) got an email from Disney Destinations, enticing me to buy a "Magic Key" pass. I received the email more than 2 hours after purchasing my "Key".
                                  Just received the email. Hard pass.

Comment

I bought them today - Logged on at 10:03, had them purchased before 11am. I purchased today because I want to make reservations for early September dates. I figured if there was too long of a wait, I'd try again tomorrow or in a few days, but it went well, no big hassle.

Comment

Another update, wife and daughter are in Disneyland as of an hour ago after purchasing their Magic Keys.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X