Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday Magic is Coming! Beloved Seasonal Traditions Return to Disneyland Resort

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Holiday Magic is Coming! Beloved Seasonal Traditions Return to Disneyland Resort

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-begin-nov-12/

However, I think this is also a subtle signal that Fantasmic! will not be returning by the end of this year.

I like Fantasmic, but it's pretty easy to envision my trips without it. Having the Rivers area free from crowds at night will be nice.

Comment

They've never run Fantasmic during the "winter" months. Why would you expect that to be different because of the hiatus? if it was me, my plan would always have been to bring it back in 2022 and make a big deal about shows/parades returning. They need something to stir excitement in 2022 and, honestly, it should be something cheap (read: pre-existing) given the money being spent to refurb WDW for their 50th.

Comment

Originally posted by savarese04 View Post
        They've never run Fantasmic during the "winter" months. Why would you expect that to be different because of the hiatus? if it was me, my plan would always have been to bring it back in 2022 and make a big deal about shows/parades returning. They need something to stir excitement in 2022 and, honestly, it should be something cheap (read: pre-existing) given the money being spent to refurb WDW for their 50th.
        Never say never... they have run F! During winter months. Looking back at touring plans, it looks running F! Is the during the winter is the norm minus 2016.
        Last edited by Jesser-pie; 09-01-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I could still see Fantasmic potentially returning, as the Columbia is going down in September. They might be retraining CMs for the stunts or swapping out the Pirates segment for something else. But, they could wait til next year for the show's 30th Anniversary.
          Magic Happens, on the other hand, is more likely to be on hiatus until next year. If that happens (wordplay not intended), the show will been on hiatus for about 2 years after it premiered. (Ouch) And the news also signals that WoC will officially be down till next year as well.

Back to X-mas/Holidays, I take it that there won't be a premium holiday party. And if that is true, then I'm all for no upcharge party! Though, I could see Candlelight becoming an upcharged exclusive event. If that occurs, what do you think the price tag will be? I bet $200.

Comment

Originally posted by savarese04 View Post
            They ran it during winter 2019 with World of Color also having its holiday magic thing. It's a norm. Though your theory doesn't sound out of the ordinary, either!

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
              I could still see Fantasmic potentially returning, as the Columbia is going down in September. They might be retraining CMs for the stunts or swapping out the Pirates segment for something else.
              Don't get me excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                I like Fantasmic, but it's pretty easy to envision my trips without it. Having the Rivers area free from crowds at night will be nice.
                It was nice taking a River Boat Cruise of~~~*~~~*~~River of America at night~~*~~~*~~~
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Speaking of the upcoming holidays... Is anyone else having difficulty making DL dining reservations? I have a trip coming up in Nov. I'm still 60+ days out, but I have noticed VERY few reservations available in Disneyland for dining on any given day. I work nights, and I've spent the last three nights logging in at 3am PST sharp and each time the only available restaurants in DL have been the River Belle Terrace and Cafe Orleans. No Blue Bayou. No Olga's, No Carnation (although in fairness it does not re-open until Sept.) This morning I was trying to book for Oct. 25th. Third day in a row and not a single spot at Blue Bayou in the first 15 seconds?? --- And it's not like I'm trying for a table for 10. I have been looking to book a table for two. I understand that staffing at the foodservice spots is an issue, but it seems to me they are not taking reservations for Olga's or the Blue Bayou at all! --- I mean three days in a row and ZERO tables available for any timeslot?? Does anyone have any experience recently with getting a walk-up table at either of these locations on the day of??

Comment

Originally posted by DizMom19 View Post
                    Speaking of the upcoming holidays... Is anyone else having difficulty making DL dining reservations? I have a trip coming up in Nov. I'm still 60+ days out, but I have noticed VERY few reservations available in Disneyland for dining on any given day. I work nights, and I've spent the last three nights logging in at 3am PST sharp and each time the only available restaurants in DL have been the River Belle Terrace and Cafe Orleans. No Blue Bayou. No Olga's, No Carnation (although in fairness it does not re-open until Sept.) This morning I was trying to book for Oct. 25th. Third day in a row and not a single spot at Blue Bayou in the first 15 seconds?? --- And it's not like I'm trying for a table for 10. I have been looking to book a table for two. I understand that staffing at the foodservice spots is an issue, but it seems to me they are not taking reservations for Olga's or the Blue Bayou at all! --- I mean three days in a row and ZERO tables available for any timeslot?? Does anyone have any experience recently with getting a walk-up table at either of these locations on the day of??
                    Olga’s has a good walk-up system. Blue Bayou… well, given they are probably still short-staffed, it’s a shot in the dark. As many of us have recommended before, sign up for an alert system (mousedining.com) and cross your fingers. Genuinely hope you get something so your experience is great!

Comment

Originally posted by DizMom19 View Post
                      You need to add Ratatouille+ to your Magic Key for only $99 plus tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                        The way Fantasmic is presented in the Florida parks is much better. We go to the Disneyland resort so seldom now that the Florida parks is considered our "home" resort now even though we live in Southern California.
                        --
                        http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

Originally posted by ravencroft View Post

The way Fantasmic is presented in the Florida parks is much better. We go to the Disneyland resort so seldom now that the Florida parks is considered our "home" resort now even though we live in Southern California.
                          Yes and No........
                          I think the show is Better at Disneyland
                          But have to say.......Walt Disney World-Fantasmic ,have the own area.....as well sitting
                          which I think is lot better.........IMO
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I partially agree with this because it's tough to have the Rivers area of Disneyland backed up for Fantasmic, but it being integrated in the park is part of what makes it special. I like the way it feels more real and organic because of its location in the parks. Being set in the themed areas of the parks is part of the show. It's also kind of fun and spontaneous to catch portions of it when you're just walking by or exiting some other ride.

I've never really bothered to watch it in Florida because it's tucked away on it's own.

Comment

The Rivers of America gets insanely busy during Fantasmic, but it has gotten a lot better since they introduced fastpass and started enforcing people sit for the show. The old Fantasmic days were wild, when people would set up towels midday and then stand during the show.

Disney better not start charging for the sitting-only area, or there will be civil unrest!
                              Brian the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post

The Rivers of America gets insanely busy during Fantasmic, but it has gotten a lot better since they introduced fastpass and started enforcing people sit for the show. The old Fantasmic days were wild, when people would set up towels midday and then stand during the show.
                                I AGREE
                                old days before fastpass
                                I agree ,half the day ,people was camping out and taken large area......long with there picnic Dinners
                                blocking the walk ways.....long the river , it was "CRAZY"
                                That was one area were I saw fastpass ,did some good !
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                                  https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-begin-nov-12/

However, I think this is also a subtle signal that Fantasmic! will not be returning by the end of this year.
                                  Not surprising. 10 years ago I heard it cost $10k per show, who knows how much it is now. Cheap Chapeck will hold off on bringing it back as long as he can, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by debkwan View Post
                                    Not surprising. 10 years ago I heard it cost $10k per show, who knows how much it is now. Cheap Chapeck will hold off on bringing it back as long as he can, I'm sure.
                                    Fantasmic was the product of a Disneyland management regime that operated under a different business model. Although Eisner's cutbacks had started, some of the pre-Eisner management team were still working. Paul Pressler was two years in the future. A full slate of entertainment was seen as a normal part of Disneyland's premium product.

Today's management is focused on maximizing profits by slashing operating costs. If Fantasmic's absence doesn't hurt their visitor count (and you can bet it doesn't), it won't come back, at least not on a regular basis. It might be used as an upsell for special-ticket events.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by debkwan View Post

The low crowds are encouraging for me because I think if they remain low, Disney will have to dig into their promo pockets and "get creative" (i.e. pull something out pre-existing and draw people in that way). That, or it totally backfires, and Disney is like, "why should we pay for entertainers if no one is in the parks?"

After all, there's a rumor that they've gotten rid of their portraiture artists, and that they have completely transitioned their roles into caricature. I'm not completely sure with the reasoning behind that, but in this Chapek regime, it's easy to assume that it's something to do with cost, and saving money, and all that financial mumbo jumbo that accumulatively makes the lands feel lifeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Fantasmic was the product of a Disneyland management regime that operated under a different business model. Although Eisner's cutbacks had started, some of the pre-Eisner management team were still working. Paul Pressler was two years in the future. A full slate of entertainment was seen as a normal part of Disneyland's premium product.

Today's management is focused on maximizing profits by slashing operating costs. If Fantasmic's absence doesn't hurt their visitor count (and you can bet it doesn't), it won't come back, at least not on a regular basis. It might be used as an upsell for special-ticket events.
                                        Over all Entertainment is down.....because of operating costs

I agree If Fantasmic's absence doesn't hurt their visitor count
                                        It will not be soon , to come back......least not on a regular basis

Today Disney Leadership ,will use Entertainment to bring in the people........(Bag of Tricks)
                                        Other than that......They slashing it ,for the operating costs !
                                        IMO

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X