Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Disneyland

I love Disneyland.

It’s given me more pleasure than anything offered by any other company over the course of my life…..and that includes Atari, Sony (Playstation), and the finer gin makers.

I don’t believe that one decade at Disneyland was better than another. I have my memories and you have yours…..and whenever you felt your joy, excellent. The 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, and 20s…..all good. And I look forward to future visits, future memories.

I loved California Adventure when it opened and I loved it when they made changes. I loved Tower of Terror and I love GOTG Mission Breakout. I loved Big Thunder Ranch and its goats and reindeer, and I love Galaxy's Edge sitting on that same land. I loved the old Jungle Cruise and I love the new one. I love Splash Mountain and I’m sure I’ll love it after the change. Things change. That’s okay.

I’m glad I don’t have a fear of missing out on being furious about changes at Disneyland and in the world. Some people seem to think that being discontented equals being more informed. It doesn’t.

I don’t really watch Disney films but I do like a handful of Pixar ones. For me, it’s totally about the parks and the Southern California ones most of all. I love Disneyland.

For whatever it matters, I’m a 50-year-old straight white guy, middle class, and happily married to another Disney Resort fanatic. And I love what Disneyland and California Adventure have added to my life. I love that Dapper Day and Gay Days exist. I love that my childhood home in Garden Grove was close enough to DLand to watch the fireworks from the roof. And I love summer nights at Disneyland. Oh man, do I love summer nights at Disneyland.

I’m grateful. That’s it.

Cheers, everyone!

Agreed!

Comment

I love that the other things that have given you pleasure are video games and booze.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiTime View Post
        I love Disneyland.

It’s given me more pleasure than anything offered by any other company over the course of my life…..and that includes Atari, Sony (Playstation), and the finer gin makers.

I don’t believe that one decade at Disneyland was better than another. I have my memories and you have yours…..and whenever you felt your joy, excellent. The 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, and 20s…..all good. And I look forward to future visits, future memories.

I loved California Adventure when it opened and I loved it when they made changes. I loved Tower of Terror and I love GOTG Mission Breakout. I loved Big Thunder Ranch and its goats and reindeer, and I love Galaxy's Edge sitting on that same land. I loved the old Jungle Cruise and I love the new one. I love Splash Mountain and I’m sure I’ll love it after the change. Things change. That’s okay.

I’m glad I don’t have a fear of missing out on being furious about changes at Disneyland and in the world. Some people seem to think that being discontented equals being more informed. It doesn’t....
        I love that some people can't express their love of Disneyland without taking a snide shot at others who love Disneyland too, and who express their "discontent" about what Disney management has been doing to the Parks.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
        it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
        together with every variety of recreation and fun,
        designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
        - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
        - Bob Chapek

Comment

"I love that some people can't express their love of Disneyland without taking a snide shot at others who love Disneyland too, and who express their "discontent" about what Disney management has been doing to the Parks." If the shoe fits, wear it.

Comment

I dearly love(d) Walt Disney's Disneyland. Is that so wrong?

Comment

For those counting at home: 3 replies.

Comment

I had to think about it a minute, but I think it's a great post. Most of us are on here because we love the place. Yes, we're burned out, angry at :the crowds, the direction of current leadership, the rising prices and loss of value, but if we didn't love the place, why would we come to bitch every day?
                Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
                Mark Twain

Comment

Why do I get a trapped in an abusive relationship vibe by some posts?

Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                    Why do I get a trapped in an abusive relationship vibe by some posts?
                    That's funny because I've had the same thought about different posts for totally different reasons.

Comment

The unconditional love you have for Disneyland is similar to the unconditional love I have for breakfast burritos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

I love that some people can't express their love of Disneyland without taking a snide shot at others who love Disneyland too, and who express their "discontent" about what Disney management has been doing to the Parks.
                        Exactly.

To each their own on how people post and express their love of interest in things media like Disney, Marvel, etc., totally fine.

If someone wanted to praise Super Star Limo as the greatest Disney attraction they’ve ever ridden and say it was better than PotC and RSR, while I may disagree, I am perfectly fine the found joy in an attraction I didn’t.

I could use the same reverse logic to that line: ‘some people think being content equals to being happier. It doesn’t’.

If your happy with Disney today, or the days, months, and years before or ahead, I’m glad your happy today and hope you are happier with it tomorrow.

But respectfully, just because your enthusiastically, elated in your appreciation, contentment and love for Disney today that doesn’t mean your love of Disney is any better, greater or stronger that those ‘dissenters/detractors’ like myself and others who can still enjoy the park and, to paraphrase Walt believe ‘it can continue to grow, change, and become more beautiful.’

Some find love in contentment; others find love is wanting something that can be better if it just made a little more effort.

So I’ll leave my version of I love Disneyland with this spin on a Walt phase:

To all who enjoy Disneyland, regardless of how different our views may be sometimes, I hope you continue find joy, imagination, wonderment, and memories you will love for a lifetime each time you visit and take those first steps entering Main Street.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                          The unconditional love you have for Disneyland is similar to the unconditional love I have for breakfast burritos.
                          Gas and lactose intolerance? But, yes, I love Disneyland too!

Comment

Seriously, a long day at Disneyland and some ice cream is what CONVINCED me I was lactose intolerant. Lactose is something I should have left behind after my teen years, but I LOVE IT so I just take a pill to make it all better.

(Loving something that is not good for me, and contorting my life around trying to make it work. Things I should learn to let go of because they are meant for children. Poking fun at myself)
                            Last edited by nostalgic; 09-01-2021, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

X 2........
                              There love for Disneyland "WALT" Dream......and what I enjoy in the past......
                              Not for Today Disney, who on another road! IMO
                              Last edited by Eagleman; 09-01-2021, 04:50 PM.
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by nostalgic View Post

Gas and lactose intolerance? But, yes, I love Disneyland too!
                                Bwahahahahaha, yes. Also, I can never hate on a breakfast burrito, even if it's lacking in some areas. (i.e. they forgot to add cheese)

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

Bwahahahahaha, yes. Also, I can never hate on a breakfast burrito, even if it's lacking in some areas. (i.e. they forgot to add cheese)
                                  Laughing......
                                  Most people are looking for a FAST breakfast ..........specially during the busy work week
                                  like breakfast burrito......
                                  Myself I'm more a banana person (without the cheese)
                                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by TikiTime View Post
                                    I love Disneyland.
                                    I concur 100% with this post

Comment

I love Disneyland. Got married there and honeymooned at WDW. Was a passholder for many years. And I have a Disney tattoo. That being said, it's Disney's latest "cash grab" that has me shaking my head in disbelief. But that's as far as I'll go. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade (even though it keeps the crowds down). Damn, and I said I wasn't going to do it...
                                      My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

I think pretty highly of DL too, I have a lot of really fond memories from my visits over the years.

It's just too bad that they exchanged the magic that I loved so much for obscene executive bonuses.

Don't hear me wrong, there's still magic but these days you need to look for it rather than have it find you.........

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X