Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pure Speculation: Genie+ arriving at DLR after Halloween?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Speculation: Genie+ arriving at DLR after Halloween?

Considering Lightning Lane signage is popping up at WDW – presumably in time for the 50th? – with nothing further than FastPass sign/kiosk removal happening at DLR so far...are we right to think it'll come to the Anaheim parks toward the tail end of fall? Maybe in time for Thanksgiving?

I'm not sure if they'll wait that long. I wouldn't be surprised if WDW began the service on October 1st to coincide with the anniversary date. October is also the begining of the new fiscal year for the company, which would make financial sense.

I can see the program being Beta tested first at one of WDW's parks(like Magic Kingdom or Epcot) before it reaches DLR. It also should be noted that currently that both Main Street Photo Supply Co & Kingswell Camera Shop are closed until Sunday October 17th. TDA may be upgrading the shops for the PhotoPass element of Genie+, which includes the capability of "augmented reality" photos. This might mean the program could launch mid-October.

Then again the company could be restragizing the program, after the immense backlash from the announcement. Two Company produced videos about Genie+ has racked up 21,000 & 12,000 dislikes on YouTube. Let's hope Disney doesn't do the Nintendo approach* of 'delete & reupload' to reset like/dislike ratio.

*G̶r̶e̶t̶c̶h̶e̶n̶ Nintendo, stop trying to make f̶e̶t̶c̶h̶ Nintendo Online Membership happen! It's never going to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
      It also should be noted that currently that both Main Street Photo Supply Co & Kingswell Camera Shop are closed until Sunday October 17th.TDA may be upgrading the shops for the PhotoPass element of Genie+, which includes the capability of "augmented reality" photos. This might mean the program could launch mid-October.
      Innnnteresting. I hadn't linked that to Genie but that makes sense.

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
      Then again the company could be restragizing the program, after the immense backlash from the announcement. Two Company produced videos about Genie+ has racked up 21,000 & 12,000 dislikes on YouTube. Let's hope Disney doesn't do the Nintendo approach* of 'delete & reupload' to reset like/dislike ratio.
      I'm unaware...are there any other instances of Disney bowing to public reaction vs. guest spending? They had to have known a lot of people would hate the news, right? They had the reaction to the Paris announcement to get a glimpse of that. Maybe the question is whether or not they project it would affect guest spending for the worse.

Comment

Genie+ arriving and soon
        That going be pure MONEY in Disney pocket !

Regardless any backlash from the any announcement,
        Di$ney going for it !-Sadly say
        IMO
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X