• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by nostalgic View Post

Over all these years, did Disneyland never do that? Hard to imagine.... anyone out there? Did they make a baseball cap version?
    Surprising to me as well !>

Leave a comment:

• nostalgic
    MiceChatter

• nostalgic
    replied
    Originally posted by MRaymond View Post
    Put Ears on a baseball cap, I'll buy one. I hated the original felt cap because it kept falling off. (boys and bobby pins don't mix)
    Over all these years, did Disneyland never do that? Hard to imagine.... anyone out there? Did they make a baseball cap version?

Leave a comment:

• bigcatrik
    MiceChatter

• bigcatrik
    replied
    Originally posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    (I actually auditioned for the show! But don't let that get out.)
    Wow. What did that entail? Was it a cattle call? Did you go to the Disney studios?

Leave a comment:

• MRaymond
    The Old Guy

• MRaymond
    replied
    Put Ears on a baseball cap, I'll buy one. I hated the original felt cap because it kept falling off. (boys and bobby pins don't mix)

Leave a comment:

• CASurfer65
    MiceChatter

• CASurfer65
    replied
    Didn't the colored versions come about as a result of the New Mickey Mouse Club in the 70s.....the disco version. lol

(I actually auditioned for the show! But don't let that get out.)

Or did they appear before that?

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    Old Skateboarder

• Starcade
    replied
    I remember as a kid you had the original black felt cap with ears ( stapled on ) I still have one of mine boxed up in the garage with my hat collection. I also remember they had a lime green with white ears and brim as well as I believe a Magenta one with white accents. I always was led to believe the black was for boys and the colored versions were for girls since it was a the 70's and people were still trying to force a male or female direction on children.
    Starcade
    Old Skateboarder
    Last edited by Starcade; 09-23-2021, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

The weird thing about Eisner, is that while he did damage to the company, he also led the company to success.

So yes, Eisner is a paradox
    AGREE.....
    He Started out OK, then he then turn off on the wrong road .
    IMO

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post

I know we hate him, but he just looks so happy.
    The weird thing about Eisner, is that while he did damage to the company, he also led the company to success.

So yes, Eisner is a paradox

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    I WISH ,
    I had a Mouseketeers - Mouse Ears
    for a keep sack........

Even at my old age,

Leave a comment:

• Captain Andy
    A Brave Little Tailor

• Captain Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	eisner.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	8647094

I know we hate him, but he just looks so happy.

Leave a comment:

• nostalgic
    MiceChatter

• nostalgic
    replied
    Originally posted by DarthAP View Post
    I am old school and I definitely wear the traditional Mouse Ear hat. I miss the multiple color hats with the brim on the front and the 1977 MM Club logo.
    Oh yes! The little brim! I was of the generation that thought those were really geeky...but they are adorable on the little boys in pictures from the 50s and 60s.

Leave a comment:

• nostalgic
    MiceChatter

• nostalgic
    replied
    [QUOTE=Spongeocto4;n8647089]
    Originally posted by nostalgic View Post

The Original Generation AKA the traditional hats you were referring to in Post #13.
    ahhhh... thank you...I get tired of looking up the abbreviations and acronyms.

Some of the young people I know use the phrase "G1", like "generation one" (I had to ask what they meant by that, too), but maybe that is just toys.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied

Click image for larger version

Name:	eisner.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	8647094

Leave a comment:

• DarthAP
    New MiceChatter

• DarthAP
    replied
    I am old school and I definitely wear the traditional Mouse Ear hat. I miss the multiple color hats with the brim on the front and the 1977 MM Club logo.

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    OBJECTION!

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    [QUOTE=nostalgic;n8647078]
    Originally posted by savarese04 View Post

>>.....With respect to the OG hats, I suspect the decline is more correlated to the rise of regular baseball caps.....<<

What are OG hats?
    The Original Generation AKA the traditional hats you were referring to in Post #13.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    I more a Base-Ball hat type of guy...with a Disneyland logo

Leave a comment:

• nostalgic
    MiceChatter

• nostalgic
    replied
    [QUOTE=savarese04;n8647062]

>>.....With respect to the OG hats, I suspect the decline is more correlated to the rise of regular baseball caps.....<<

What are OG hats?

Leave a comment:

• nostalgic
    MiceChatter

• nostalgic
    replied
    Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
    Do they not sell the traditional Mickey ears anymore?
    It's more about the fact that they are just not the most popular option anymore. Can the headband style be embroidered? I've never even checked.

Again, this is more about nostalgia and is aimed at an older generation. It's just a fact that the headbands are far more visible in the parks, but way back when the skin caps and Mickey Ears were more prevalent.

It's funny that my memory was that I wore my ears into my teen years, but when I tried to put them on, they sat on top of my head like a cup! Has my head really grown since I was 15! I guess so....;-)

And actually, I just remembered the year that all the boys started wearing the Goofy hats, with the long ears hanging down the side. That was quite a popular item.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Eagleman
    replied
    I never had .... traditional black Mickey Mouse Ears.
    I surprise myself....for I was a Big Fan ,with old ,Black&White MICKEY MOUSE CLUB !

Leave a comment:

• Jesser-pie
    MiceChatter

• Jesser-pie
    replied
    Originally posted by savarese04 View Post

Disrespect? What are you talking about? Are people trashing Mickey somewhere that I don't know about? Has Mickey become a lightning rod for anti-mouse sentiment? This sounds like you're complaining about something else entirely and are trying to draw a (very crooked) line between these two points. Could you clarify please?

Also the headbands are predominantly MINNIE ears and the original intent of those was outfit coordination, although we've long moved beyond that.

Men generally don't wear headbands, hence why there are very few bow-less ones. The removable/swappable bow version flopped hard, so I don't think there's going to be a plan to go back to MICKEY ears anytime soon. Though, I could be wrong given the desire to be more inclusive in merchandising.

With respect to the OG hats, I suspect the decline is more correlated to the rise of regular baseball caps. When the ears first came out, baseball caps (or any hats with brims) were not as predominant as today. No one is going to opt for basic ears (which are kinda cardboard junk, lets be honest) vs a hat made of dry-fit material that keeps your head cool and sun off your face.
    Sarcasm and absurdity . With text instead of audible tone, I admit I may have not successfully got it across.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X