Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by micromind View Post
    I usually don't like wild rides but there are a few spots on Thunder Mountain after dark that are amazing.

Casey Jr is beyond beautiful after dark as is StoryBookLand. Both are absolutely enchanting!

Actually, just walking around anywhere in the park and seeing its after dark personality is pretty cool too.
    You hit some good ones-
    Big Thunder Mountain R.R. become a another trill ride at night....
    and StoryBookLand (love the boat ride) does comes enchanting!
    IMO
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I prefer the Incredicoaster at night over the day. The non-moving characters on the ride just work better at night, and it's only in the dim light that Elastigirl looks like she's actually stretching, and not just already stretched, as my imagination would have me believe.

What? My imagination is correct on that one?

Anyway, it works better after dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

X2.....I very much ENJOY
        Jungle Cruise at night........for same reason

Also love going the River Boats on the ~River of America~....I find it so peaceful .
        One of my favorite Disneyland moments was for Throwback Night (the 50's era Disneyland After Dark event). They had a jazz quartet playing on the Mark Twain around 1am, and the boat was filled with people just enjoying the scenery and atmosphere. Felt like one of those unique things you only really get to experience once.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

One of my favorite Disneyland moments was for Throwback Night (the 50's era Disneyland After Dark event). They had a jazz quartet playing on the Mark Twain around 1am, and the boat was filled with people just enjoying the scenery and atmosphere. Felt like one of those unique things you only really get to experience once.
          I so glad........it been many ,many years.....were one can enjoy good music, on a steam wheel ,
          such as Mark Twain.....I Enjoy "Jazz" quartet......
          Alec- It does my heart good ,knowing you had those time of uniqueness experience !
          Matter it at Disneyland or something else , in another place's.
          -They do not come often enough -IMO
          Thank You for sharing
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I love Cars Land and New Orleans Square at night. The ambiance is just amplified to another level.

As far as individual attractions, as others have mentioned Big Thunder during the fireworks is really fun. And yes, on Splash Mountain it's usually a walk on and, if you're lucky, you can ride multiple times without exiting the ride .

Comment

ROTR even though it’s entirely inside minus the unloading area, I love that the return to Batuu transforms to night mode to match real time. The “view” visual is simply nicer at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                I can’t think of a single one that’s actually better during the day.
                My exact thought, The big disappointment for me with my recent Disney World trip was the reduced hours meant it was just getting dark when the parks were closing. Everything about Disney parks are better at night.
                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

As a Teen......
                  I did a lot on Friday night and Saturday day or night.....
                  I would enjoy
                  Disneyland or Knott's Berry Farm...sometime
                  I went to old Disneyland Hotel....free parking and entertainment........

It really depend , how much money I had.
                  I would work all week........so I think of it , as my Free Time!
                  Summer Nights......was more Fun
                  With Fireworks at both Parks.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I was lucky enough to catch the fireworks show while on Big Thunder Mountain! I even got a cool video of it. And pictures of course. So I would say BTM. In DCA, you can't go wrong with GOTG or The Incredicoaster. Those are my to go to night attractions

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post
                      I was lucky enough to catch the fireworks show while on Big Thunder Mountain!
                      I saw the New Year's Eve midnight fireworks while on Big Thunder about a decade ago, and since nobody was in line they let us go around and around on it.

Comment

Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise and I think Racers can be even better at night
                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

My favorites to ride at night include, DLRR, Rockets, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Tea Cups, HM & RSR.

My single favorite moment to be had in the current parks though is to board DLRR at just before sundown and do a couple of laps until nighttime.
                          Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                            My favorites to ride at night include, DLRR, Rockets, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Tea Cups, HM & RSR.

My single favorite moment to be had in the current parks though is to board DLRR at just before sundown and do a couple of laps until nighttime.

You hit on a good one.......Disneyland Railroad at night!
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X