X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Starcade View Post
    My favorites to ride at night include, DLRR, Rockets, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Tea Cups, HM & RSR.

My single favorite moment to be had in the current parks though is to board DLRR at just before sundown and do a couple of laps until nighttime.

You hit on a good one.......Disneyland Railroad at night!

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    My favorites to ride at night include, DLRR, Rockets, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise, Tea Cups, HM & RSR.

My single favorite moment to be had in the current parks though is to board DLRR at just before sundown and do a couple of laps until nighttime.

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise and I think Racers can be even better at night

Leave a comment:

• bigcatrik
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post
    I was lucky enough to catch the fireworks show while on Big Thunder Mountain!
    I saw the New Year's Eve midnight fireworks while on Big Thunder about a decade ago, and since nobody was in line they let us go around and around on it.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_IvanStark
    replied
    I was lucky enough to catch the fireworks show while on Big Thunder Mountain! I even got a cool video of it. And pictures of course. So I would say BTM. In DCA, you can't go wrong with GOTG or The Incredicoaster. Those are my to go to night attractions

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    As a Teen......
    I did a lot on Friday night and Saturday day or night.....
    I would enjoy
    Disneyland or Knott's Berry Farm...sometime
    I went to old Disneyland Hotel....free parking and entertainment........

It really depend , how much money I had.
    I would work all week........so I think of it , as my Free Time!
    Summer Nights......was more Fun
    With Fireworks at both Parks.

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Quentin View Post
    I can’t think of a single one that’s actually better during the day.
    My exact thought, The big disappointment for me with my recent Disney World trip was the reduced hours meant it was just getting dark when the parks were closing. Everything about Disney parks are better at night.

Leave a comment:

• Jesser-pie
    replied
    ROTR even though it’s entirely inside minus the unloading area, I love that the return to Batuu transforms to night mode to match real time. The “view” visual is simply nicer at night.

Leave a comment:

• BillFraser29
    replied
    I love Cars Land and New Orleans Square at night. The ambiance is just amplified to another level.

As far as individual attractions, as others have mentioned Big Thunder during the fireworks is really fun. And yes, on Splash Mountain it's usually a walk on and, if you're lucky, you can ride multiple times without exiting the ride .

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

One of my favorite Disneyland moments was for Throwback Night (the 50's era Disneyland After Dark event). They had a jazz quartet playing on the Mark Twain around 1am, and the boat was filled with people just enjoying the scenery and atmosphere. Felt like one of those unique things you only really get to experience once.
    I so glad........it been many ,many years.....were one can enjoy good music, on a steam wheel ,
    such as Mark Twain.....I Enjoy "Jazz" quartet......
    Alec- It does my heart good ,knowing you had those time of uniqueness experience !
    Matter it at Disneyland or something else , in another place's.
    -They do not come often enough -IMO
    Thank You for sharing

Leave a comment:

• WaltDisney'sAlec
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

X2.....I very much ENJOY
    Jungle Cruise at night........for same reason

Also love going the River Boats on the ~River of America~....I find it so peaceful .
    One of my favorite Disneyland moments was for Throwback Night (the 50's era Disneyland After Dark event). They had a jazz quartet playing on the Mark Twain around 1am, and the boat was filled with people just enjoying the scenery and atmosphere. Felt like one of those unique things you only really get to experience once.

Leave a comment:

• The Real McDuck
    replied
    I prefer the Incredicoaster at night over the day. The non-moving characters on the ride just work better at night, and it's only in the dim light that Elastigirl looks like she's actually stretching, and not just already stretched, as my imagination would have me believe.

What? My imagination is correct on that one?

Anyway, it works better after dark.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by micromind View Post
    I usually don't like wild rides but there are a few spots on Thunder Mountain after dark that are amazing.

Casey Jr is beyond beautiful after dark as is StoryBookLand. Both are absolutely enchanting!

Actually, just walking around anywhere in the park and seeing its after dark personality is pretty cool too.
    You hit some good ones-
    Big Thunder Mountain R.R. become a another trill ride at night....
    and StoryBookLand (love the boat ride) does comes enchanting!
    IMO

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post

I hope to ride the river boats at night some day Eagleman! It seems every time I stay late at Disneyland the river is used up by Fantasmic.
    I know......it sad ...in own way......
    Fantasmic is a good show.....but the takeaways is the Peaceful Cruise ,around the river at night .
    and it has been long time, for me.......

Leave a comment:

• Brian PieGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

X2.....I very much ENJOY

Also love going the River Boats on the ~River of America~....I find it so peaceful .
    I hope to ride the river boats at night some day Eagleman! It seems every time I stay late at Disneyland the river is used up by Fantasmic.

Leave a comment:

• micromind
    replied
    I usually don't like wild rides but there are a few spots on Thunder Mountain after dark that are amazing.

Casey Jr is beyond beautiful after dark as is StoryBookLand. Both are absolutely enchanting!

Actually, just walking around anywhere in the park and seeing its after dark personality is pretty cool too.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied

For me, the outdoor portion of Radiator Springs Racers looks nicer during the day when the rockwork is lit by sunlight. The indoor portion is better at night though.
    I Enjoy the over all CAR LAND at night........
    That went the action happen with with all the Lights.....

But rockwork is nice lit by sunlight...... as Sun going down

Leave a comment:

• bigcatrik
    replied
    Jungle Cruise, especially late-night after DCA closes and they turn off the searchlight (is it still there?).

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    There is something about the Jungle Cruise at night that makes it feel like a totally different attraction. It really seems like it could be an old rainforest without all the lights ruining the illusion.
    X2.....I very much ENJOY

Leave a comment:

• DaHatTrick
    replied
    I was at Disneyland two weeks ago and I would say that the Matterhorn at night you can’t beat it there’s nothing like it. There was a greater suspense and eerieness to the ride that can only be experienced at night time. The yeti on the mountain and escaping from it has a greater effect at night than day in my eyes. They should change it for Halloween, however way they can. I think Matterhorn would be a great candidate for a Halloween update. Bring back space mountain ghost galaxy

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X