Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney set up a vending stand in the Space Mountain queue…

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disney set up a vending stand in the Space Mountain queue…

You gotta be kidding. They haven’t been allowing eating or drinking in the indoor queues b/c of the mask rules. So this seems super contradictory. Gotta get that $$$.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

And whatever manager, director or junior-level VP came up with the idea gets a gold star on their resumé.
    "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
      They haven’t been allowing eating or drinking in the indoor queues b/c of the mask rules. So this seems super contradictory.
      But Space has outdoor portions of the queue. So wouldn't that be a loophole to allow eating/drink in those parts?
      (I honestly don't know)

Removing the pandemic element from this situation, I'm on the fence with having a vending stand in line. On one hand, it can be seen as a tacky addition. But, on the other hand, Space can have notoriously long waits. I remember waiting for 2 hours in line for Hyperspace Mountain. Had that stand had been there in 2015, I may of bought a snack for the wait.

Comment

Does this mean we can at some point reopen the older restaurant that is supposedly just boarded up behind the wall at the very enterance if the queue?

Comment

Originally posted by SkunkID View Post
          Does this mean we can at some point reopen the older restaurant that is supposedly just boarded up behind the wall at the very enterance if the queue?
          I this real? I seem to remember a post somewhere about how the lightboards in the FP distribution area with galaxies on them used to be menu boards, but it may have been an old myth. Can't seem to find anything on Yesterland.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

I this real? I seem to remember a post somewhere about how the lightboards in the FP distribution area with galaxies on them used to be menu boards, but it may have been an old myth. Can't seem to find anything on Yesterland.
            I think SkunkID might be referring to the Space Place. I think it was closed by the time of my 1st visit in 96 or 97(either way, I was too young to remember).

Hungry space explorers often found themselves at the aptly named Space Place in between flights. This quick service restaurant sold fast meals...

Comment

Yes. This is the place. And unless some things happened quietly over the past few years, word is, the space is still there. Obviously without appliances and likely scavenged for supplies like alot of older Disney stuff. But similar to all the other "abandoned areas" in tomorrowland that are just boarded up and left to rot, this one should be intact enough that mobile carts could be wheeled in, and the area reused again.

Comment

Yes. This is the place. And unless some things happened quietly over the past few years, word is, the space is still there. Obviously without appliances and likely scavenged for supplies like alot of older Disney stuff. But similar to all the other "abandoned areas" in tomorrowland that are just boarded up and left to rot, this one should be intact enough that mobile carts could be wheeled in, and the area reused again.
                YEP- Disney want there *SPACE*.............TO Sell there goods/juke....
                No matter were it at...........
                Last edited by Eagleman; 09-25-2021, 05:55 PM.
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I liked this about Space Place :

TRIVIA

Space Place was the only restaurant in Disneyland to serve both Coke and Pepsi, before Coca-Cola became Disneyland’s exclusive soda vendor in 1990.

Comment

Frankly I am shocked it took them this long. At least the vendors have carts just wait until Cheapskate attends a ballgame and realizes he can save money by just strapping all the merch to somebody’s shoulders.
                    Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
                      Frankly I am shocked it took them this long. At least the vendors have carts just wait until Cheapskate attends a ballgame and realizes he can save money by just strapping all the merch to somebody’s shoulders.
                      Too late...

M E M O

To: Ken Potrock
                      Re: ODV Yield

Ken,

Took the kids to the Dodger Stadium and was impressed by how efficiently they run their Outdoor Vending business. Let's dump our expensive ODV carts and have the costumed characters walk around with trays strapped to their shoulders. Sell snacks & drinks & merch at the same time they meet & greet.

Give that cartoon cowboy Woodsie or whoever a tray for when he walks around Westernland. Get those two chipmunks to sell toys to the child Yields in Toonland.

Bob

P.S. Lose the gloves so they can make change.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                      - Bob Chapek

Comment

I can get those "MICKEY" EARS from
                        MICKEY himself ?
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                          YDisney set up a vending stand in the Space Mountain queue…
                          Be sure to fill up on junk food before you ride the roller coaster. What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                            ADDENDUM: Keep the gloves. We don't make change anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthope View Post

ADDENDUM: Keep the gloves. We don't make change anymore.
                              Disney just round it out , to next dollar
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Too late...

M E M O

To: Ken Potrock
                                Re: ODV Yield

Ken,

Took the kids to the Dodger Stadium and was impressed by how efficiently they run their Outdoor Vending business. Let's dump our expensive ODV carts and have the costumed characters walk around with trays strapped to their shoulders. Sell snacks & drinks & merch at the same time they meet & greet.

Give that cartoon cowboy Woodsie or whoever a tray for when he walks around Westernland. Get those two chipmunks to sell toys to the child Yields in Toonland.

Bob

Were Pluto

I heard ,that Bob wants to sell Dodger Dogs with a loop, at Disneyland.
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I would normally go Space Mountain at night close the closing time. I was trying to figure out that that stand was. Haha. And this last visit I went on earlier than usual and finally saw what it was. The kid behind the register looked like he was bored out of his mind. That's very odd of Disney to put that there. I'm sure they could've been a little more creative with that room and done something different with it. Maybe try a churro stand instead Just sayin...

Comment

Eh, better than when they tried that in Main Street Cinema. That went over like a fart in church.
                                    "Have I gone mad?"
                                    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

At the VERY least, could they maybe sell at least one or two, sort of unique treats here? It doesn't have to be mega special. It could literally just be a rocket rice crispy treat. Disney is so into special churros and such, I feel like maybe selling something special at this cart might take SOME of the sting off the blatent merchandising.

Comment

At the VERY least, could they maybe sell at least one or two, sort of unique treats here? It doesn't have to be mega special. It could literally just be a rocket rice crispy treat. Disney is so into special churros and such, I feel like maybe selling something special at this cart might take SOME of the sting off the blatent merchandising.
                                        Agreed. Even in the case of Main Street Cinema, if they REALLY wanted to sell something, well... they could sell popcorn. That's on theme. It's just a matter of creativity and theming. Unfortunately, the current business execs are lazy, and not smart enough to mask the greed aspect of their ventures when they pull tricks like this.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X