Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Couple Magic Key Questions

Hi! I have a couple questions regarding the Magic Key program and haven’t had any luck contacting a Cast Member. Was hoping someone here may be able to answer my questions.
    1. Can someone explain how monthly payments work if you purchase a pass now but don’t use it for the first time for a few months? Specifically, if I purchased it today but don’t use it until February 2022, the renewal date would be February 2023, correct? But then how do the monthly payments work? Would the last 4 months or so be “freebies” (I highly doubt it) or do they just separate the price over 16 months as opposed to 12?
    2. Are they currently giving Magic Key holders discounts on Disney-owned hotels?

Thanks so much!
    "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Originally posted by MidwayManiac View Post
    Hi! I have a couple questions regarding the Magic Key program and haven’t had any luck contacting a Cast Member. Was hoping someone here may be able to answer my questions.
    1. Can someone explain how monthly payments work if you purchase a pass now but don’t use it for the first time for a few months? Specifically, if I purchased it today but don’t use it until February 2022, the renewal date would be February 2023, correct? But then how do the monthly payments work? Would the last 4 months or so be “freebies” (I highly doubt it) or do they just separate the price over 16 months as opposed to 12?
    2. Are they currently giving Magic Key holders discounts on Disney-owned hotels?

Thanks so much!
    Your payments start within one business day of signing up. The start date of the pass is whenever you first use it. So if you wait 3 months then all you have done is "Pre paid" for the last 3 months of the pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ClownLoach View Post

Your payments start within one business day of signing up. The start date of the pass is whenever you first use it. So if you wait 3 months then all you have done is "Pre paid" for the last 3 months of the pass.
      Ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

Disney always gets your money NOW! for everything. Just think of it that way.

Comment

I signed up for a Dream Key last week as a trial run from previously being a Sig+. They charged me 180 the day of and then 100 for the Sept. monthly payment two days later. You don’t have to go right away, but I feel like it’s becoming a game of roulette if you have both the desire and ability to reserve a weekend day with your pass. I would encourage you to check the Magic Key website for info on hotel discounts. Another word of caution that I keep hearing - having a hotel reservation does NOT guarantee you park entry for those days. You need to book your reservations separately (either with the key or with a regular ticket if it’s blacked out).

Comment

Thanks for the info! Everything is so complicated these days!

Comment

Am I correct in remembering that upon the renewal of an annual pass (probably Magic Key too), there is no grace period until 1st use? Meaning your start date for perpetuity is decided at the time you 1st enter with your new membership way back when. Every year there after it starts at the same date regardless if your next use that year is 3 months later.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X