Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tram Signs Removed

After it was looking like a chance of tram service resuming with a new fueling setup in the ground level of the Pixar parking area - now it isn't looking so good for the trams. All of the directional signs that said "To Trams" have now been changed out with new signs that say "To Parks" or "To Disney Parks". These aren't decals covering the word tram. They're permanent quality new signs. Looks like they have decided that park guests need their exercise permanently with that mile plus round trip hike.

Picture?

Comment

Yep. This lines up.

I went to Downtown Disney with a friend recently, and a CM told us that word on the street is that the old trams no longer work. That’s just where things are at.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
        Yep. This lines up.

I went to Downtown Disney with a friend recently, and a CM told us that word on the street is that the old trams no longer work. That’s just where things are at.
        And the reason they don't work is entirely Disney's fault. Out of gas because they removed the CNG fueling depot and didn't build a new one. There is nothing wrong with the trams themselves, they're not old at all. In fact are state of the art clean air tractors.

Comment

Originally posted by ClownLoach View Post

And the reason they don't work is entirely Disney's fault. Out of gas because they removed the CNG fueling depot and didn't build a new one. There is nothing wrong with the trams themselves, they're not old at all. In fact are state of the art clean air tractors.
          I agree. They can be fixed or replaced easily, but given that Disney is conducting business on the cheap, and others will buy into their talk of profit losses, this is the reality of the situation.

I’m not shocked one bit. I’m disappointed. I’m unsure if Disney will give any real update because that will prompt some strong backlash which I’m sure they are looking to avoid in their ongoing effort to make profits by further devaluing the quality of the parks.

Comment

Back in the good old days when DCA was still a parking lot there were trams all over the place. They were there
            because of Walt. He didn’t want his guests to have to walk too far to and from the park. Today’s management could care less what Walt thought and if it looses them money they won’t care at all about ripping it out. What else is there? This is not only sad it’s frightening.

Comment

I don’t like being cynical, but under Chapek and Co. I am almost surprised Disney hasn’t removed the trams as a free service with plans later will bring them back as a new upcharge experience (like $5 each way for adults and $3 for each child).

Comment

Originally posted by Jaygatzby View Post
                I don’t like being cynical, but under Chapek and Co. I am almost surprised Disney hasn’t removed the trams as a free service with plans later will bring them back as a new upcharge experience (like $5 each way for adults and $3 for each child).
                If this happens... I will be so unimaginably PO'd... I don't know what I would do.

Comment

Interesting! Walt Disney, Bob Gurr and the History of the Disneyland Parking Tram:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQZ_R-uUbdw

Comment

Another piece of customer service eliminated by the Cheapek regime. Sad, but not surprising.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                    it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                    together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                    designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                    - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                    - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                      Another piece of customer service eliminated by the Cheapek regime. Sad, but not surprising.
                      not surprising. X2

Service eliminated by the Bob Cut-Back Cheapek !
                      He want the guest Walk and Shop

CEO Chapek ,does not know what Guest Transportation is
                      But same time.......Disney rise the parking fee..........
                      Pay More -get less
                      IMO
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

They sent a survey after my last visit that included questions about the trans and if not having them negatively impacted me or if I parked at Toy Story because of a lack of trams. It didn’t apply to me so I didn’t answer those questions but it seems like they are actually seeing if bringing them back will be worth it.
                        Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

When was the CNG fueling depot removed? And why?

Comment

Wow, the hotels along Harbor Blvd must be loving this. The only way I will visit Disneyland is staying at those hotels and walking. Considering this development, they are probably going to raise their prices, so I basically won't be staying there; hence, no Disney. There's going to start to be major problems along Harbor with friends/uber dropping people off.

Comment

This Post from Mr Wiggins from another TRAM....Thread ,Say's it ALL !

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                              "No trams" is a 7-way win for Disney:
                              - No need to pay drivers
                              - No need to pay employees to train new drivers
                              - No need to pay maintenance workers
                              - No need to pay crowd control CMs at the loading queues
                              - No need to pay for parts
                              - No need to pay for fuel
                              - No need to pay for operating insurance

And the biggest win of all:
                              - There's no pressure to get the trams running, because the customers don't care. Some complain, but it doesn't stop them from giving Disney their money.

Given the above profit-friendly reality, you can be assured that no TDA or Parks exec is going to risk their reputation by pushing upper management to spend money on the trams.
                              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by nostalgic View Post
                                Wow, the hotels along Harbor Blvd must be loving this. The only way I will visit Disneyland is staying at those hotels and walking. Considering this development, they are probably going to raise their prices, so I basically won't be staying there; hence, no Disney. There's going to start to be major problems along Harbor with friends/uber dropping people off.
                                Sure you Disney does not care ..........IMO

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by nostalgic View Post
                                  Disney saves money by not running trams or paying CMs, and the hotels make money because they actually have parking lots within walking distance. Who knew Chapek's stinginess made him a better "good neighbor" than any CEO before him. All the while, I'm parking at the Anaheim hotel instead of the Mickey and Friends parking lot!

Comment

I was there yesterday and in all honesty, I didn't even notice . But what I did notice though was the monorail was up and running. Not sure if they were testing it or if they were taking passengers as I only saw it fly by once. But it was working!

Comment

Originally posted by egomaniac View Post
                                      When was the CNG fueling depot removed? And why?
                                      I might be wrong on this, but I believe when they built the Pixar Pals parking structure. If I recall correctly, the tram "storage" and CNG fueling depot were both in the former Pinocchio Lot, I'm guessing after the demolition of the Pinocchio Lot they might have been using trucks like the biodiesel on the Disneyland Railroad?
                                      "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                                      "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Thought... How much real estate could be recovered and used for park expansion if the tram route goes away? Disney is notoriously famous for making you leave rides through a store why wouldn't they just apply that thinking with the parks and downtown Disney? The parking structure already has a walkway to downtown so I wouldn't be surprised if this is some sort of master plan. LOL.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X