Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

I wouldn’t trust walking anywhere around the DLR at night alone, especially in today’s times with its increased rate in violent crime. What I would suggest is staying at a hotel in Irvine, which is ranked as one of America’s safest cities and driving the roughly 20 minutes to and from the park.
    What violent crime has occurred in Anaheim around the parks? Please show me police reports or documented evidence. Hell, I'll even take tweets or internet videos.

The walk to and from the parks on Harbor is not unsafe. Are there homeless on one corner by the 7-11? Yes. There's also MASSIVE crowds of park guests at that corner all the time and the homeless 99% of the time leave people alone. I've walked that street hundreds of times, including within the last year and I have only ever witnessed one incident of a homeless person causing a ruckus.

The insinuation that a person has to go all the way to Irvine to be safe is both misleading, alarmist, and disingenuous to people who casually read this forum and might be planning a trip to the parks

Comment

Originally posted by savarese04 View Post

What violent crime has occurred in Anaheim around the parks? Please show me police reports or documented evidence. Hell, I'll even take tweets or internet videos.

The walk to and from the parks on Harbor is not unsafe. Are there homeless on one corner by the 7-11? Yes. There's also MASSIVE crowds of park guests at that corner all the time and the homeless 99% of the time leave people alone. I've walked that street hundreds of times, including within the last year and I have only ever witnessed one incident of a homeless person causing a ruckus.

The insinuation that a person has to go all the way to Irvine to be safe is both misleading, alarmist, and disingenuous to people who casually read this forum and might be planning a trip to the parks
      I remember back in the 70's and 80's the surrounding area was full of no tell motels and prostitution as well as other forms of seedy adult behavior. Now a days the surrounding is actually far safer.
      Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

I remember back in the 70's and 80's the surrounding area was full of no tell motels and prostitution as well as other forms of seedy adult behavior. Now a days the surrounding is actually far safer.
        YEP......It was bad then ,were O.C .Sheriff and area city's Crack Down....
        Agree Now a days the surrounding is actually far safer.
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by savarese04 View Post

If you are referring to Harbor Blvd, Katella and Ball Rd, then yes I agree with your statement. But you can go a couple miles from Disney and Anaheim is a high crime area with lots of street gangs. They don't call it Anacrime for nothing.

Comment

I remember back in the 70's and 80's the surrounding area was full of no tell motels and prostitution as well as other forms of seedy adult behavior.
            Basically the Knotts Berry Farm area now
            Brian PieGuy
            Bear of Little Brain
            Last edited by Brian PieGuy; 10-19-2021, 08:03 PM.
            “I think, therefore I am... confused.”
            ― Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post

Basically the Knotts Berry Farm area
              Your right
              But it was also Disneyland area as well !
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Starcade
                Old Skateboarder
                Starcade

FWIW I just took a quick look and I did find the WDW T&Cs for hotel/package reservations booked directly with WDTC. It still shows the same one night for hotel only and $200 for packages deposit. Funnily enough I could NOT find the same page for DL reservation policies. Weird. But anyway, I can't imagine that DL's policies are any different than WDW's.

Honestly, if I were you I'd contact reservation booking, clarify what DL's policy actually is and raise a 'very polite' stink about having had 1/2 charged to your CC without being told ahead of time. And I'd keep requesting to be bumped up the 'chain of command' until they agreed to cover the extra interest you were charge on your card. Or at the very least, send you a Disney gift card in that amount.

Thinking about it, when I've booked by phone I have ALWAYS been asked in advance what amount I'm paying before the CM proceeds with getting my CC info. The CM you dealt with really messed up!
                "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Brian PieGuy View Post

Basically the Knotts Berry Farm area now
                  Except at Knott's you park much closer and are in the public area much less if at all.
                  Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

Except at Knott's you park much closer and are in the public area much less if at all.
                    My Friend
                    One needs be careful no matter what or were........
                    There no such place ,as a safe zone....
                    Even in the parking area..............at the parks !
                    Disneyland/Knott's
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPilot View Post
                      Those issues are not unique to Disney Resort Hotels...many properties are unable or still struggling to get back to full operations nation wide.
                      This. I know people want things to be back to normal, but they just aren't yet.
                      "Have I gone mad?"
                      "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

I so wanted to have a good daddy-daughter time on the New Years weekend, but just found out that the reservations are taken for the parks...but that's on me because I'm not literate on all the apps and really cannot easily understand how to do the reservation...so sadly I'll cancel the Grand Californian reservation I made for the weekend...probably will need to get in tune with the apps...
                        I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                          I so wanted to have a good daddy-daughter time on the New Years weekend, but just found out that the reservations are taken for the parks...but that's on me because I'm not literate on all the apps and really cannot easily understand how to do the reservation...so sadly I'll cancel the Grand Californian reservation I made for the weekend...probably will need to get in tune with the apps...
                          Bummer, dude! I hope you're able to reschedule soon.

I am old and I still love Disneyland, too. And to risk sounding like an old fogey: "By cracky, Disneyland ain't like it was in OUR day!!!". Yes, it's all app based now. It can be daunting, but it can be learned. For me it started with the old 3d party 'wait time' apps. Our 1st WDW trip in 2015 with MDE 'My Plans' showing your day to day itinerary and scheduling advance FP+ and ADR reservations added to my knowledge 'base'. Next came the DL app and MaxPass and a little more knowledge was added. WDW 2019 added to my experience, then on this year's WDW trip I learned how to do Park reservations.

All you can do is get the apps on your phone and start poking around to 'learn' them. The DL website has areas showing the various calendars for park reservations you can check ahead of time and you can go in and 'start' a ticket purchase to learn how it works then back out before paying. Just don't log in to your Disney account when you're checking things out.

My first 'post-Covid closure' trip won't be until Spring 2022. And I'll have Genie, Genie +, and LL+ (pay per ride) to learn before then! It would be nice if somewhere on the website there were some real tutorials for people to become familiar with Disney's 'tech'.
                          "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                            NYE Weekend Park Reservations are still available for regular ticket holders. I don't know if you are a Keyholder or a Tourist, but there is still an option for that weekend.

There has been some confusion for availability. Reservations for regular tickets are wide open available(even Christmas Day at Disneyland is still available!). NYE Reservations for Magic Keys are either booked or unavailable.

Comment

Two months after I originally posted this thread, the Disneyland hotels still haven't restored missing amenities. Despite it being the Holiday Season, no restaurants are open at the Paradise Pier Hotel (6 months after reopening!). No Extra Magic Hours offered for Hotel Guests. Even Room Service still isn't even offered.

I get the feeling they don't give a hoot about it.

Comment

Could be worse, it could be this fiasco
                                “Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.”

DL Trips: '58, '59, '61, '65, '66, '67, '68x2, '69x2, '70x2, '71x2, '73x2, '74x2, '75x2, '76x2, '77, '78,x2, '79x2, '80x2, '81, '82, '83, '88, '89x3, '90x2, '91, '93, '94, '95x2, '96, '97, '98x4, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07x2, '08, '09x2, '10, '11, '13
                                WDW Trips: '81
                                EPCOT Trips: '93
                                Tokyo DL Trips: '86

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post
                                  Could be worse, it could be this fiasco
                                  I guess I should be grateful that DLR hotels are not having the same issues as Disney's Paris hotels....
                                  A hotel worker strike that has resulted in "kids sleeping on the floor" is ongoing at Disneyland Paris. Full details inside.

Comment

I have worked in the Hospitality business for 27 years, the industry took a huge hit. I am in the SF Bay Area and we have hotels that have outlets that have still not opened. Many guests think that since we are free to travel again that everything just magically opens to the way it was.

Hotels have figured out that they can run with a smaller staff and still maximize profit. Now the guest experience isn't what it was but they expect the guest to understand this, sadly many do not. The Cast Members (at the resort) and other Hotel staff around the US are working hard to keep the standards high.

The industry wont see things back to normal until Summer or Fall, and with new variants popping up things may take longer.

Just remember to be kind to the staff's they are trying their hardest.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X