Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney is doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to do. Cater to the shareholders not the customer. the stock market is all that matters. Worst day in Disney history...when they went public. Unfortunate but necessary.
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Twain View Post
      Disney is doing EXACTLY what they are supposed to do. Cater to the shareholders not the customer. the stock market is all that matters. Worst day in Disney history...when they went public. Unfortunate but necessary.
      On December 16,1929 the Walt Disney Studios partnership was reorganized as a corporation
      with the name of Walt Disney Productions, Limited,
      with a merchandising division – Walt Disney Enterprises, and two subsidiaries – Disney Film Recording Company, Limited; and Liled Realty and Investment Company,
      for real estate holdings. Walt and his wife held 60 percent (6,000 shares)
      and Roy owned 40 percent of WD Productions.......

My understanding, Walt did not like the concept , of the company going public
      But at the same time,he had Bigger Dreams !
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Norcalxx View Post

IThank you for your inquiry and being so civil in your reply. I have to admit I find it hard at times to measure up to your example of decorum. I'll attempt to make this a clear as I can. Nobody loves Disneyland more than I do. Nobody. That said, if they don't get rid of reservations to go to the park, ride rides and eat I will not spend one single dime there ever again. EVER! I realize Disney is a multi- billion dollar company that has no need for the tens of thousands I would have spent in the years to come but at least I won't have to feel like I'm being bent over whenever I walk through the gates. As for where I live I've said for years that as long as they force people to reserve rides in Florida two months in advance I would never go there. Silly me, I thought we might get away with them not bringing that insanity to our park.
        Now, what should we talk about next, charging for fast passes or making me pay $75 to ride on the Lilly Belle? 😀
        I will admit I was a fan of max pass because I liked the ease of booking the fast passes from my phone and felt it really maximized the rides we could do in a day. I completely agree with you on the virtual queues and lightening lane pay per ride per person. These are very frustrating decisions and are really pushing the average guest out of the price range to be able to go to the parks. The change that I really cannot stand and hope that it is not a permanent feature is the mobile order only at quick service. It is such a pain in the butt to use the mobile order system and schedule a time to pick up your order, I just feel like they are taking the spontaneity from the park experience.
        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X