Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m seeing (both here and other platforms) the idea that “we” need to stop spending money at Disneyland to show we are mad (and to get rid of Chapek).

It’s neither my responsibility nor in my interest to spend (or not spend) my entertainment money per the latest crusade of the Disney internet at large. I want to go to Disneyland and thus I pay for it. It’s a simple as that.

I don’t see discussing (and yes complaining) about the parks online as mutually exclusive to attending and even still enjoying the parks. In fact, it’s a great way to vent and still enjoy something you love. Some call that part of the problem. I call it making the best of my interests.

Comment

I suppose the $5 parking increase is to "pay" for fixing the trams. There's what, about 16,000 spots in the structures? So that $5/day = $30m+/yr new revenue. Math works out.
      "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Jesser-pie View Post
        I’m seeing (both here and other platforms) the idea that “we” need to stop spending money at Disneyland to show we are mad (and to get rid of Chapek).

It’s neither my responsibility nor in my interest to spend (or not spend) my entertainment money per the latest crusade of the Disney internet at large. I want to go to Disneyland and thus I pay for it. It’s a simple as that.

I don’t see discussing (and yes complaining) about the parks online as mutually exclusive to attending and even still enjoying the parks. In fact, it’s a great way to vent and still enjoy something you love. Some call that part of the problem. I call it making the best of my interests.
        Disney fans are like any other community in that it's not monolithic. Organizing a group like this into some kind of collective action isn't going to work because there isn't any agreement on what the problems are or what the appropriate tactics should be (if any) to change those problems.

Personally, I hate that fastpass is now a paid option and I just cancelled a trip because I don't want to spend money on Disney right now. That's just me. This is something I do for fun and I have a lot more important things that I spend time trying to do community organizing for rather than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

The sad reality is that they're in no danger of losing their jobs when their management policies bring results like this:

Click image for larger version Name:	fetch?id=8648193&d=1634125405.jpg Views:	0 Size:	335.7 KB ID:	8648940

Click image for larger version Name:	fetch?id=8648194&d=1634125459.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.2 KB ID:	8648941

Photos from MiceChat's Disneyland Update October 11.

Yes it is crowded now but this is due to NEW MK's combined with an always crowded Halloween Thanksgiving/Xmas Season ( many having pent up demand since they missed last years) take this demand and then pair it with under staffing and closures and boom. I would argue the Holiday Season has become the new Peak Season over the last 3-4 years. What happens in January? To my knowledge DLR has never lowered ticket prices? Under cheap park it seems he would rather sell the blood of his own mother before lowering prices. Also the heavy crowding from people that I know that have gone is more due to the lack of attractions and maintenance closures and restaurants than actual crowd numbers. It's basically a lose lose for customers to visit the park right now.
          Last edited by Starcade; 10-27-2021, 02:14 PM.
          Disneyland Fan since the 70's

Comment

DL should go to a ticket book system where you pay for X tickets, and then you can pay another fee (like a park hopper fee) to extend the ticket's expiration to 1 year out.

Burn the MK system to the ground. It's causing overcrowding, which is pissing off the ticket holders. Meanwhile, MKers are pissed because they can't book dates. Both sides are upset.

Comment

Originally posted by brerphysicist View Post
              DL should go to a ticket book system where you pay for X tickets, and then you can pay another fee (like a park hopper fee) to extend the ticket's expiration to 1 year out.

Burn the MK system to the ground. It's causing overcrowding, which is pissing off the ticket holders. Meanwhile, MKers are pissed because they can't book dates. Both sides are upset.
              I find it odd that ticket goers would still be blaming MK's when you consider how limited each MK tier now is. Back when they had near unlimited visits I could almost see that argument but now sorry it's all on managements decisions.

Comment

Blaming MKs for overcrowding is no longer cutting it.

Disney has all the power when it comes to who they let in, and who they keep out. Not to mention... I don't think that many MKs are actually in the parks. During my last visit, one of the servers who was assigned to my table joked that "wow, not a lot of Magic Key discounts going out today." Many of the neighboring tables that I chatted with and people I was talking to inlines were tourists. I didn't meet one Magic Key pass holder that day... only got a peek into a mostly unimpressive and empty lounge.

Anyway, I think ticket books are smart because there's no bucket system to compete against, but Disney is in an ideal situation where they are collecting large sums of money monthly while keeping visitations scarce for subscribers. It's not a good look, but it's their ideal scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                  It seems more likely that people's jobs would be in danger if the park were empty rather than full.
                  Exactly. As has been long predicted, the Chapek regime will do whatever is necessary to keep the parks packed to the maximum. The more photos of shoulder-to-shoulder crowds, the more approval from Wall Street.
                  "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                  it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                  together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                  designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                  - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                  - Bob Chapek

Comment

Originally posted by brerphysicist View Post

This is also my preference. If we can’t have annual passes, just make ticket bundles that don’t expire for 6-12 months. That’s what DL wants, gate price out of everyone, and the discount is decent. The only problem is that they bank of daily ticket buyers being tourists who stay on site. They would be giving multi-day discounts to locals who go here and there

Comment

Exactly. As has been long predicted, the Chapek regime will do whatever is necessary to keep the parks packed to the maximum. The more photos of shoulder-to-shoulder crowds, the more approval from Wall Street.
                      All for a "Higher Price Tag"....which was also predicted
                      IMO
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Let's also all be honest the top their MK did not "Sell Out" it was halted as a stop gap measure to see if they could reconfigure the reservation system. They are likely going to draw from the lower tier buckets and maybe even some from ticket buyers to appease the top tier MK's. Then as soon as lack reservations are no longer the red flag they are now we will see the top tier available again possibly at a price increase. We will then likely see one of the lower tiers stopped under the guise of "sold out" as they try and upsell customers into the higher tiers. Iger did this as well but much more subtle and a lot slower to make it feel like more of an evolution rather than an exploitation. We always bought our AP's right before the usual annual price hike so we were always paying last years prices which made each price hike a little easier to swallow. Now we are experiencing so many reductions in service paired with price increases it's like a case study of anxiety driven greed that is proving to be the failed plan many of use knew it would be.

I wasn't the biggest Iger fan but my god how I would appreciate his return to the helm at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunda View Post
                          "Sold Out" only to return in 2022 for $1599.
                          I agree with this, except I don't think it's "sold out". I think they just know that if anyone were to buy one right now and not look at the reservation calendar, they would immediately ask for a refund since the weekends are mostly booked. Using the term "sold out" is subjective and only so as to create huge demand next year. The MK's will all go up in price probably late Jan, or early Feb about when the usual 3-day so cal deals come out.

Comment

Wow. Disney still hasn't figured out how to crowd control? Will they ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_IvanStark View Post
                              Wow. Disney still hasn't figured out how to crowd control? Will they ever?
                              They began figuring out crowd control during the Eisner regime, improved it under Iger, and are now perfecting it under Chapek. The method is simple:

- Use multiple strategies to entice as many customers as possible into the parks, subject only to fire department regulations.
                              - Reduce staffing and customer service to the lowest level possible, then reduce it further.
                              - Don't worry when customers complain about crowds; history proves that they'll always come back. (And for every customer who quits, two are ready to take his place.)
                              - Disseminate PR talking points that management is concerned about the "crowding problem."
                              - Remember that photos of packed parks make Wall Street happy.

The reality is that Disney wanting to reduce the number of customers in their parks "for the comfort of our guests" is like airlines wanting to give all passengers more spacious seats on their planes "for the comfort of our customers." It simply isn't going to happen.

Bottom line: More customers = more profits.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 11-04-2021, 03:36 PM.
                              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                              - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
                              - Bob Chapek

Comment

They began figuring out crowd control during the Eisner regime, improved it under Iger, and are now perfecting it under Chapek. The method is simple:

- Use multiple strategies to entice as many customers as possible into the parks, subject only to fire department regulations.
                                - Reduce staffing and customer service to the lowest level possible, then reduce it further.
                                - Don't worry when customers complain about crowds; history proves that they'll always come back. (And for every customer who quits, two are ready to take his place.)
                                - Disseminate PR talking points that management is concerned about the "crowding problem."
                                - Remember that photos of packed parks make Wall Street happy.

The reality is that Disney wanting to reduce the number of customers in their parks "for the comfort of our guests" is like airlines wanting to give all passengers more spacious seats on their planes "for the comfort of our customers." It simply isn't going to happen.

Bottom line: More customers = more profits.
                                And claim that you're so focused on the guest experience that you've implemented a reservation system to make it easier for the park guest to plan their day, shop more and dine more, while claiming it helps the company cut payroll expenses even more. Even though the reservations have nothing to do with the staffing levels because of how far in advance schedules are made. And you already know in explicit detail down to the last square of toilet paper the exact attendance and needs of each day on the calendar from over 65 years of data. Wall Street cheers even more because now it's more customers - staying in the park longer, eating more food and buying more swag due to the perceived scarcity having to jump through hoops for a reservation makes - even more profits.

Comment

How ‘bout this.. Disney has made a calculated decision tgat guest A and B will buy single day tickets before Dream Keys are back, and then they’ll buy their Dream Keys. Disney has only stopped Dream Key sales because it’s going with a more profitable strategy. What does “sold out” even mean anyhow..? Hahaha. Who they kidding here

Comment

Dream Key was sold out, because.....of the parking fee went up.........
                                    Disney knows, they was going lose money.....
                                    So they stop sale-ing That AP ,because it comes with parking!
                                    Again guest experience ,take a hit !
                                    IMO

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by ClownLoach View Post
                                      Wall Street cheers even more because now it's more customers - staying in the park longer, eating more food and buying more swag due to the perceived scarcity having to jump through hoops for a reservation makes - even more profits.
                                      That why I not going play there game...and Vote NO With My Wallet .
                                      Long with many Issue with DI$NEY!
                                      IMO

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

FYI folks –– Believe Key is also sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Andy View Post
                                          FYI folks –– Believe Key is also sold out.
                                          Interesting ,but surprising
                                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X